Home | Forums | Bible | +Width | Subscribe | Member Login

Thursday, August 16, 2018   9:23:38 PM  

Welcome to The Omega Letter   Daily Briefings Commentary News Room   Contact OL Site Map How Do I?
Testimonials Prophecy Israel Globalism Terror In Defense Around the World War News Witnessing Perspective Commentary

Omega Letter Member Log In

Luke  21 : 28
And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.
Read Today's Proverb - Chapter 16

Why Subscribe?
Subscribe Online   Online
Subscribe By Mail   By mail
Contribute
Public Registration

Forum

Zeteo 3:16 with Alf and Alesia Cengia

THE END THE BOOK THE SERIES: J.L. Robb

The End The Book Part 6

Bible Prophecy News Christian Current Events

Daily Brief Commentary Contributed Help Forums

Omega Letter - Commentary Discussion

Delusions A’plenty
Posted By: BobT
6/13/2018 9:10:18 AM

Reverse

Original Commentary Link
4 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ PrayingPraying

Member Comments:
Another great article Wendy! It reminds me of a conversation I once had with an avowed evolutionist. He claimed he couldn't believe the Bible because it was impossible for Quirinius to have traveled as far as he did to be the governor of Syria(???). I responded to this by asking how he had no problem believing there was nothing, then it all came together and exploded, producing the magnificence we see around us, but couldn't believe there could be more than one person named Quirnius, or that the same person couldn't travel on the roads the Romans built to assume to governorship of Syria. I never did get a response. The closed-mindedness of some people, blinded by what they want to believe, rather than the truth in front of them, is head shaking and heart wrenching.
Reply # 1 - ReplyTo ID: 15152

Posted By: BobbyeKay -
Date: 6/13/2018 9:59:45 AM
2 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ PrayingPraying

Comments:

What you say, Bob is so true!  "the close-mindedness of some people, blinded by what they want to believe, rather than the truth that is right in front of them, is head shaking and heart wrenching."     Very confounding indeed!  When I hear anyone speak out of ignorance of the Truth, I pray they come to accept forgiveness of their sin by Jesus Blood.

Getting very tired of them ... Can you imagine how 'worn-out' God must be?!  I think of Jesus plea from the Cross; "Forgive them Father for they know not what they do".  

These End Times are hard to watch. There used to be at least some respect for God's Word in mainstream public arena.  But, no more.  I think the very night when satan lost the 2016 Presidential election, he struck back hard immediately taking over the minds of those whose souls are sold-out to him.  Plenty of pride, hate and chaos on display, without any shame.

Thanks for another good writing for us, Wendy.  God loves you so much, and so do I bkay

Reply # 2 - ReplyTo ID: 15154

Posted By: Gracemer -
Date: 6/13/2018 10:22:26 AM
4 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 1 PrayingPraying

Comments: Whoa, what a nasty hit piece. Those bad, dangerous Christians who preach the Good News, feed the poor and hungry, comfort the desolate, build homes and hospitals, give their lives protecting others, intercede for the wicked, dig into their own pockets to give aid to disaster zones, and work for peace...they really gotta go. And someday we will.
Reply # 3 - ReplyTo ID: 15156

Posted By: RichardMann2016520 -
Date: 6/13/2018 12:10:30 PM
3 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ PrayingPraying

Comments: Much greater and richer men than he have spent their lives and fortunes trying to prove the Bible wrong, false, etc. All died. The Bible is still here. I guess they learn nothing from history. Good read. Well done.
Reply # 4 - ReplyTo ID: 15158

Posted By: Carolee -
Date: 6/13/2018 3:17:37 PM
1 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ PrayingPraying

Comments:

Responses . . . excellent adendums to an (as usual for Wendy) great article!!!

Reply # 5 - ReplyTo ID: 15159

Posted By: Greg S/CG -
Date: 6/13/2018 5:06:48 PM

Comments:

A great article Wendy.

There are a lot of unsaved Christians out there just like I used to be. They dont know squat about the Bible. Hard for us to picture it because we read our bibles, Our friends read there bibles. But there are so many so called Christians out there today who cant answer 5 basic questions on the bible. The Bible is the word of God, In my opinion its how he speaks to us. But you have to really believe in God to get it, to want to read it.  If not a believer its nonsense. Believe me, I remember trying to read it when I was a casual believer. It was like reading the evolution of liberalism. You couldn't stay focused for very long.  That was one of the miracles of salvation...The Bible suddenly was worth reading for me.  How many non believers have told you they read the bible from cover to cover...As soon as I hear that I know its a lie. If you dont believe it you wont read it.  Im not talking about non believers who found Christ by reading the Bible....those folks heard God in those words. Powerful words. Those folks were looking for God. If your looking for God, really looking you will find him.

Anyway Im meandering around with this post so Let me say Another good one Wendy, I really enjoyed it.  

Greg

Reply # 6 - ReplyTo ID: 15161

Posted By: HarryPaul -
Date: 6/14/2018 8:47:37 AM

Comments: The Word of God is like a lion. You don’t have to defend a lion. All you have to do is let the lion loose, and the lion will defend itself.” – Charles Spurgeon
Great article,
Harry