Home | Forums | Bible | +Width | Subscribe | Member Login

Wednesday, September 26, 2018   4:27:41 AM  

Welcome to The Omega Letter   Daily Briefings Commentary News Room   Contact OL Site Map How Do I?
Testimonials Prophecy Israel Globalism Terror In Defense Around the World War News Witnessing Perspective Commentary

Omega Letter Member Log In

Luke  21 : 28
And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.
Read Today's Proverb - Chapter 26

Forum

Zeteo 3:16 with Alf and Alesia Cengia

THE END THE BOOK THE SERIES: J.L. Robb

The End The Book Part 6

Bible Prophecy News Christian Current Events

Daily Brief Commentary Contributed Help Forums

Omega Letter - Commentary Discussion

Noah, Finally Vindicated
Posted By: RogerMoore20171011
4/11/2018 6:27:16 PM

Reverse

Original Commentary Link
Shout AMEN!Amen ~ PrayingPraying

Member Comments:
This does not support a worldwide flood. Where are getting these thousands of years from? These are things you need to slow down and clarify.
Reply # 1 - ReplyTo ID: 15012

Posted By: MichaelMerola -
Date: 4/12/2018 1:13:53 AM

Comments: Wendy, if I could ask a question, where do you stand on the age of Earth? You are obviously an extremely intelligent scientist, and I wonder if you experience any cognitive dissonance between Scripture and established scientific teachings. I myself struggle with this conflict from time to time, and I have nowhere near the background you have. Just wondering.
Reply # 2 - ReplyTo ID: 15013

Posted By: DouglasKent -
Date: 4/12/2018 9:56:13 AM

Comments: Wendy,
The Black Sea, post-Flood, used to be a lake until it was overwhelmed by the rising seas caused by the end of the Ice Age in about 1500 B.C. The remnants of civilization seen around the shores of the flooded lake were likely Cimmerians. You can read more at http://dancingfromgenesis.com/?p=70183.
Reply # 3 - ReplyTo ID: 15014

Posted By: DouglasKent -
Date: 4/12/2018 10:22:59 AM

Comments: As far as evidence for a world-wide flood, easy to find. Good resources at http://www.icr.org/worldwide-flood/. Wendy, you don't have to rely on uniformitarians for evidence of the flood.
Reply # 4 - ReplyTo ID: 15030

Posted By: WendyWippel -
Date: 4/17/2018 5:21:22 PM

Comments:

Hi all. to those of you who responded to last weeks offering on Noah, I am finally responding ( I was having some problems with out network). First of all, thanks for your input. Roger-- fair enough. I was in kind of a hurry. But I guess my point was that for my whole christian life the Flood has been the most consistently derided historical event in the Bible and to see that  science-- especially the Smithsonian (NOT generally a source of Biblical confirmation,  was postulating that a worlld wide flood, would have been potentially possible from naturalistic earth processes was way encuraging to me.  The  sticking point on both sides alsways tends to be th the chronology. The Smithsonian guy offered up his buest guess, but if you look at the historical records tthe same geological ind  factors that caused that this flood have occurred multiple times throughout world history,so which flood are we really discting>? I think tSmithsonian guy admitted that the dating was suspect. . Thanks., Roger, for holding me accountable.   

Reply # 5 - ReplyTo ID: 15031

Posted By: WendyWippel -
Date: 4/17/2018 5:33:34 PM

Comments:

Michael, the question of dating any earth process or archaeological relic is alway problamatic,  as numerous variables can influence the inegrity of data in the field. And, to be honest, because of scientific tampering.  Moreover, any dating related to astrophysics kind of parameters can also be suspect, because time is different depending on where the observer of time is. Think  Planet of the apes.