Home | Forums | Bible | +Width | Subscribe | Member Login

Monday, May 21, 2018   9:09:15 AM  

Welcome to The Omega Letter   Daily Briefings Commentary News Room   Contact OL Site Map How Do I?
Testimonials Prophecy Israel Globalism Terror In Defense Around the World War News Witnessing Perspective Commentary

Omega Letter Member Log In

Matthew  24 : 2
And Jesus said unto them, See ye not all these things? verily I say unto you, There shall not be left here one stone upon another, that shall not be thrown down.
Read Today's Proverb - Chapter 21

Why Subscribe?
Subscribe Online   Online
Subscribe By Mail   By mail
Contribute
Public Registration

Forum

Zeteo 3:16 with Alf and Alesia Cengia

THE END THE BOOK THE SERIES: J.L. Robb

The End The Book Part 6

Bible Prophecy News Christian Current Events

Daily Brief Commentary Contributed Help Forums

Omega Letter - Commentary Discussion

The Red Cross, Revisited
Posted By: DavidSchmidt
3/28/2018 8:59:51 AM

Reverse

Original Commentary Link
2 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ PrayingPraying

Member Comments:
Wendy - you may not get this message since the posted article was originally written in 2011.

I just want to say a couple of things about the Shroud of Turin. It is my understanding that no spices have been found on the cloth. John 19:39-40 states that Nicodemus , with help, wrapped the body with spices.

Second - Myrrh was used. It is my understanding that myrrh, which is a resin, will harden, especially when mixed with water. Finally, it is my understanding that under Jewish law, bodies are tied with cloth, as mentioned in John 19:40.

Finally - I believe that the shroud is a forgery since people worship the cloth. This would then be a sin of commission, which is impossible for Christ to do.

My thoughts.

David Schmidt
Reply # 1 - ReplyTo ID: 14991

Posted By: Carolee -
Date: 3/28/2018 9:36:30 AM

Comments:

Personally . . . I've never been "comfortable" with particular item but one thing that continually fills me with humble astonishment and awe is Jesus'

Amazing Love

Reply # 2 - ReplyTo ID: 14992

Posted By: Gracemer -
Date: 3/28/2018 11:58:20 AM
1 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ PrayingPraying

Comments: Fascinating article. On one hand, a lot of evidence tends to show that the shroud once wrapped Christ's body, but on the other hand, I have trouble believing He would leave behind something He knew would be worshiped as a relic. But I love reading this stuff.
Reply # 3 - ReplyTo ID: 14993

Posted By: BobbyeKay -
Date: 3/28/2018 12:51:52 PM

Comments: Interesting article, Wendy. Thank you.
Reply # 4 - ReplyTo ID: 14994

Posted By: RichardMann2016520 -
Date: 3/28/2018 5:29:23 PM

Comments: Have they been able to do any genetic checks on the blood and the fluids? That would be an interesting report to read.
Reply # 5 - ReplyTo ID: 14995

Posted By: RichardMann2016520 -
Date: 3/28/2018 5:38:20 PM
Shout AMEN!Amen ~ PrayingPraying

Comments:

I agree with you on this.  The only consideration we may have to take into account is the time of the day that Jesus was removed from the cross, and how much time did they have to prep His body before sundown?  I have often wondered about that part.  It had to have been a rush job with the intentions of coming back that following Sunday as the women did, to cover the body with the spices used for, basically, covering the smell of a decaying body.  I guess it is one of those items somewhat lost to history, and not that big of a deal unless you are looking at the shroud or the napkin as it is called.  I would love to see a genetic comparison made between the blood on both.  I agree with you on the worship of the shroud.

Reply # 6 - ReplyTo ID: 14996

Posted By: MichaelMerola -
Date: 3/28/2018 9:25:17 PM

Comments: I somewhat agree with David's comments, in that t he Shroud could be a fake; I also question its authenticity because of the obvious possibility of idolatry. But.....could The Lord have left it behind as a sort of confirmation of what happened really DID happen? TBD at a later date.
Reply # 7 - ReplyTo ID: 14999

Posted By: Greg S/CG -
Date: 4/2/2018 3:22:39 PM

Comments:

Sometimes its something as simple as a documentary on a piece of cloth that possibly covered Jesus body that makes the difference for one searching for Christ. . Jesus may have left it behind on purpose or not. But I believe if he did it would have been saved. 

Great piece Wendy. 

Greg S.