Home | Forums | Bible | +Width | Subscribe | Member Login

Tuesday, September 25, 2018   4:43:44 AM  

Welcome to The Omega Letter   Daily Briefings Commentary News Room   Contact OL Site Map How Do I?
Testimonials Prophecy Israel Globalism Terror In Defense Around the World War News Witnessing Perspective Commentary

Omega Letter Member Log In

John  3 : 16
For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.
Read Today's Proverb - Chapter 25

Forum

Zeteo 3:16 with Alf and Alesia Cengia

THE END THE BOOK THE SERIES: J.L. Robb

The End The Book Part 6

Bible Prophecy News Christian Current Events

Daily Brief Commentary Contributed Help Forums

Omega Letter - Commentary Discussion

Pick a Pack of Proper Preppers
Posted By: Anton
3/27/2018 8:56:08 AM

Reverse

Original Commentary Link
3 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 1 PrayingPraying

Member Comments:
Just one word;AMEN!
Anton.
Reply # 1 - ReplyTo ID: 14984

Posted By: pete -
Date: 3/27/2018 11:24:17 AM
3 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 1 PrayingPraying

Comments: Wow. Absolutely incredible and sobering message. Yes, quite the conundrum those who subscribe to errant eschatology face. They always appear appealing on the surface, but if you dig down just below the surface, you’ll see how contradictory they become.
Reply # 2 - ReplyTo ID: 14985

Posted By: DonaldPalmer -
Date: 3/27/2018 12:03:14 PM
7 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ PrayingPraying

Comments: It pleases me greatly that by the Grace of God, I can read your excellent article, understand it and agree with it wholeheartedly! Thank You Holy Spirit for opening the eyes of all who truly reverence Your Word!
Reply # 3 - ReplyTo ID: 14986

Posted By: TerryReed -
Date: 3/27/2018 12:52:07 PM
4 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ PrayingPraying

Comments: Excellent article Steve! I know some preppers and have had similar conversations with them. Unfortunately, when ration is thrown to wind, it is difficult to have a genuine, beneficial conversation. I look forward to His return, and as I study the prophetic Scriptures, I pray they continue to have a purifying effect in my own life, and that they serve as a motivator to greater faithfulness, and evangelism. Thanks for the good word today, Steve!
Reply # 4 - ReplyTo ID: 14987

Posted By: Alf -
Date: 3/27/2018 12:58:00 PM
7 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ PrayingPraying

Comments:

Yup. This is a pet peeve of mine. I get the impression that some are even looking forward to the tribulation. They are the "Overcomers." I should stop here ;-)

Reply # 5 - ReplyTo ID: 14988

Posted By: Kerry -
Date: 3/27/2018 2:24:38 PM
6 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ PrayingPraying

Comments:

I'm a prepper, you're a prepper, wouldn't you like to be a prepper too!

But seriously, I am a prepper. I'm totally prepared because I accepted Jesus as my savior years ago. I'm looking forward to the Tribulation because that means I'll be in Heaven with all of you watching from our balcony seats.

I'm a micro-prepper. Yep, I could survive 2 or 3 weeks in my basement on peanut butter, crackers, and bottled water. That's about it. I knew years ago if I had to go much longer than that, I was screwed.

Anyway, great article Steve. The article put a huge smile on my face. I'm so happy I don't have to worry about "prepping" to go through the Tribulation!

Reply # 6 - ReplyTo ID: 14989

Posted By: Gracemer -
Date: 3/27/2018 4:18:14 PM
8 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ PrayingPraying

Comments: Wonderful article! Fundamentally, these people want to be "above" the regular Christians, so they desire special hidden knowledge the rest of us don't have. That deceives them into living in the flesh instead of by the Spirit. There's no way any Christian can prep his way through 7 years. There's not only the problem of not being able to buy or sell, they seem oblivious to the fact that the followers of the antichrist will be diligently seeking them out to kill them and technology will make that a simple matter. I'm prepped for a week or two because I live in earthquake country. The Second Amendment exists first and foremost so that the people can resist a tyrannical government--not self defense or hunting. That's the reason the commie liberal politicos are pushing for gun control all the time. Don't care what any state law says.
Reply # 7 - ReplyTo ID: 14990

Posted By: SteveSchmutzer -
Date: 3/27/2018 5:55:45 PM
9 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ PrayingPraying

Comments: I greatly appreciate all the positive feedback to this article. I was concerned about submitting it to this forum as it had some "loaded" words and ideas in it: guns, Reformers, various acronyms, and the like. In the end, it just felt like something I had to do. God had been impressing these matters on my own heart, and I have been dealing with them in the class I teach too, so this article became the repository of all those things. I am a prepper in a roundabout sort of way. My family and I try to be ready for extended disruptions in our culture and that sort of thing, but I also pray that the home and stuff I am watching over becomes the blessing for a post-rapture saint or two down the road, and that God will use it for their blessing at that time. Again, "Thank you!" STEVE
Reply # 8 - ReplyTo ID: 14997

Posted By: RonRowell201776 -
Date: 4/2/2018 5:29:10 AM
Shout AMEN!Amen ~ PrayingPraying

Comments: rice and pond water, had to laugh at that one.i hope your friend reevaluates his view on the coming events. true beleivers won't be going though the tribulation. why would god allow his bride to get beat up before the marriage supper of the lamb, not gonna happen. pretrib baby!!