Home | Forums | Bible | +Width | Subscribe | Member Login

Sunday, September 23, 2018   1:35:41 PM  

Welcome to The Omega Letter   Daily Briefings Commentary News Room   Contact OL Site Map How Do I?
Testimonials Prophecy Israel Globalism Terror In Defense Around the World War News Witnessing Perspective Commentary

Omega Letter Member Log In

Zephaniah  3 : 9
For then will I turn to the people a pure language, that they may all call upon the name of the LORD, to serve him with one consent.
Read Today's Proverb - Chapter 23

Forum

Zeteo 3:16 with Alf and Alesia Cengia

THE END THE BOOK THE SERIES: J.L. Robb

The End The Book Part 6

Bible Prophecy News Christian Current Events

Daily Brief Commentary Contributed Help Forums

Omega Letter - Commentary Discussion

Happy Sermons
Posted By: Anton
3/8/2018 8:57:36 AM

Reverse

Original Commentary Link
5 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 1 PrayingPraying

Member Comments:

Amen and well said,Jerry!The OL is my church! Preaching the Blessed Hope is the ultimate happy sermon!
Anton.

Reply # 1 - ReplyTo ID: 14933

Posted By: DonaldPalmer -
Date: 3/8/2018 10:24:10 AM
6 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ PrayingPraying

Comments: I could not agree more JL. I go to a church (I have been there about 15 years) that does preach the bible and does preach a good message on end times and the return of Jesus. However, in between all of that it has gotten incredibly loud and full of light shows and crap. (excuse my french). I don't think I could find a church in our area that would be any better. My wife would rather stay there because of all of the relationships we have. I guess I need to shut up and continue to be a part of it.
I am looking up and lifting up my head in anticipation!
Don
Reply # 2 - ReplyTo ID: 14934

Posted By: TerryReed -
Date: 3/8/2018 11:02:57 AM
6 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 1 PrayingPraying

Comments:

An excellent reminder JL. Thanks for sharing with us some of your experience, and the importance of teaching the whole counsel of God, and reminding us that Jesus Christ is the same yesterday, today and forever. We want to be like the church of Philadelphia, though many (if not most) churches have become like the church of Laodicea. May we, especially we who teach, be found faithful!

Reply # 3 - ReplyTo ID: 14935

Posted By: Michael -
Date: 3/8/2018 11:25:06 AM
5 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 1 PrayingPraying

Comments: Over breakfast this morning, my wife opined that she'd like to go back to church, but there's a problem. We both work most Sundays. And we don't know of a church in the area that doesn't sound more like a juke-joint on Saturday night than a Church on Sunday morning. With fewer and fewer pastors preaching the Gospel, I often ask how much more we can do before we arrive at "the days of Noah".

I'm ready to leave this afternoon.
Reply # 4 - ReplyTo ID: 14936

Posted By: Gracemer -
Date: 3/8/2018 11:55:17 AM
3 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ PrayingPraying

Comments: Three cheers for this one! Naturally, a church should be more like a school (Ephesians 4:12-16). The hot topics of our times should be covered. It's a good way to open conversations we can use to witness, and other reasons as listed in the article. We are to go out into the world to witness and bring into the church those who are converted, not bring the unsaved into the church. That's the same as 2 wolves and a sheep voting what to have for dinner and we can see where it got us. I want to say something about tithing later. Anyhow, good job Jerry.
Reply # 5 - ReplyTo ID: 14937

Posted By: Martha E -
Date: 3/8/2018 12:38:33 PM
5 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ PrayingPraying

Comments:

excelent jerry - churches need adult sunday school where they learn the bible . they are all about the numbers and money. sad. churches need cash to operate but so many just are greedy and line their own pockets. 

it is hard to finda church that even mentions the end times!  i am so grateful to the omega letter and all the wonderful writers - who keep us up on prophectic end times and events. 

you guys are great !!

Reply # 6 - ReplyTo ID: 14938

Posted By: Gracemer -
Date: 3/8/2018 1:16:48 PM
2 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ PrayingPraying

Comments: This article debunks tithing in the church. I hope anyone wrestling with this issue will give it a look. It's all based on scripture.

https://bible-truths.com/tithing.html
Reply # 7 - ReplyTo ID: 14940

Posted By: JLRobb -
Date: 3/8/2018 6:10:45 PM
1 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 1 PrayingPraying

Comments:

I agree Anton. I love the OL family!

Reply # 8 - ReplyTo ID: 14941

Date: 3/8/2018 6:12:39 PM
1 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ PrayingPraying

Comments:

Thanks for writing, Don. The church family of relationships is usually strong and positive. I do not believe there is a perfect church, but I miss the small humble churches of yesteryear.

Reply # 9 - ReplyTo ID: 14942

Date: 3/8/2018 6:13:31 PM
2 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ PrayingPraying

Comments:

I am hoping and praying for your last sentence!

Reply # 10 - ReplyTo ID: 14943

Date: 3/8/2018 6:14:21 PM
Shout AMEN!Amen ~ PrayingPraying

Comments:

I think we are almost there!

Reply # 11 - ReplyTo ID: 14944

Date: 3/8/2018 6:15:44 PM

Comments:

Thank you Grace.

Reply # 12 - ReplyTo ID: 14945

Date: 3/8/2018 6:16:37 PM

Comments:

Thanks Martha, and I think you are great!

Reply # 13 - ReplyTo ID: 14948

Posted By: MichaelMerola -
Date: 3/9/2018 9:37:48 PM
2 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 1 PrayingPraying

Comments: Mr. Jerry, something just hit me that I can't believe it took this long to become apparent. The mere fact that most s t "churches" are like they are is another c blue as to how close we are to the grand homecoming. We HAVE to be close to the trumpet call, as most supposed churches are nothing more than religious coffeehouses.