Home | Forums | Bible | +Width | Subscribe | Member Login

Tuesday, July 17, 2018   11:00:13 AM  

Welcome to The Omega Letter   Daily Briefings Commentary News Room   Contact OL Site Map How Do I?
Testimonials Prophecy Israel Globalism Terror In Defense Around the World War News Witnessing Perspective Commentary

Omega Letter Member Log In

Galatians  2 : 21
I do not frustrate the grace of God: for if righteousness come by the law, then Christ is dead in vain.
Read Today's Proverb - Chapter 17

Why Subscribe?
Subscribe Online   Online
Subscribe By Mail   By mail
Contribute
Public Registration

Forum

Zeteo 3:16 with Alf and Alesia Cengia

THE END THE BOOK THE SERIES: J.L. Robb

The End The Book Part 6

Bible Prophecy News Christian Current Events

Daily Brief Commentary Contributed Help Forums

Omega Letter - Commentary Discussion

Temptation
Posted By: Anton
12/28/2017 11:15:09 AM

Reverse

Original Commentary Link
1 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ PrayingPraying

Member Comments:
Amen Jerry!Perilous times indeed.Happy New Year!
Anton.
Reply # 1 - ReplyTo ID: 14765

Posted By: TerryReed -
Date: 12/28/2017 1:56:02 PM
2 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ PrayingPraying

Comments:

Hi J.L. Are you ever planning to do a briefing on why you believe the documents were originally written in Hebrew? As a Bible translator, I havenʼt yet found any convincing argument for it being written in Hebrew, nor am I sure what it would actually change if they were found. I would be interested in a briefing explaining why the recent surge in the belief that the NT was not written in Greek. Since much of Paulʼs writings were directed to a mixed congregation, Paul most likely used the lingua franca of the day to reach the entire audience. The same would be true for John who was writing to a mixed group in his letters, (Rev 2-3). Luke was a Greek and not a Jew and probably didnʼt write in Hebrew, especially since he was writing to Theophilus which seems a Greek, rather than Hebrew, name. But again, Iʼd like to see the evidence for them being written in Hebrew rather than Greek. Sadly, since the parchments arenʼt likely to have survived from the 1st century, it will always probably be conjecture either way. It might make for an interesting topic in a future briefing. 
However, on the warnings against changing Scripture, I say a hearty "Amen!" Once you take that lid off of Pandoraʼs box, it will be hard to get back on. 

Reply # 2 - ReplyTo ID: 14767

Posted By: JLRobb -
Date: 12/29/2017 9:12:22 AM
3 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ PrayingPraying

Comments:

Happy New Year to you too, Anton!

Reply # 3 - ReplyTo ID: 14768

Posted By: JLRobb -
Date: 12/31/2017 8:10:52 AM
Shout AMEN!Amen ~ PrayingPraying

Comments:

Good morning-

I believe that Hebrew scrolls will one day be discovered. Greek documents date back to about 300 years after Christ. The Hebrew language has always been important to the descendants of Abraham, and I remember in the 50s, after Israel was reborn, all my Jewish friends would head to Hebrew class every Wednesday afternoon. They could not wait to learn the language that many considered to be God's own. Because of the Semitic names of the earliest people since Adam and Eve, there are scholars who believe that is the language God spoke to Adam and Eve and remained that way until the Tower of Babel. I don't know how that would be provable, but it seems logical.

If Hebrew Gospels are ever discovered, and I believe that will happen, the translation could be interesting. There are many upper/lower case letters in translations from the Greek to later translations. The upper/lower case letters are significant. Hebrew has no upper/lower case letters. Something is always lost in translation, in my opinion.

Below are a couple of sites you may find interesting. I am using screen-shots because I could not copy/paste the URL

Thanks for your questions and for reading.

Here is the other: www.myjewishlearning.com/article/the-beginnings-of-the-hebrew-language/