Home | Forums | Bible | +Width | Subscribe | Member Login

Monday, September 24, 2018   5:52:29 AM  

Welcome to The Omega Letter   Daily Briefings Commentary News Room   Contact OL Site Map How Do I?
Testimonials Prophecy Israel Globalism Terror In Defense Around the World War News Witnessing Perspective Commentary

Omega Letter Member Log In

Zephaniah  3 : 9
For then will I turn to the people a pure language, that they may all call upon the name of the LORD, to serve him with one consent.
Read Today's Proverb - Chapter 24

Forum

Zeteo 3:16 with Alf and Alesia Cengia

THE END THE BOOK THE SERIES: J.L. Robb

The End The Book Part 6

Bible Prophecy News Christian Current Events

Daily Brief Commentary Contributed Help Forums

Omega Letter - Commentary Discussion

Celebrating the Original Overcomer
Posted By: WayneHoffman201743
12/13/2017 9:33:07 AM

Reverse

Original Commentary Link
Shout AMEN!Amen ~ PrayingPraying

Member Comments:
You may worship Christ at Christmas, but what about Mark 7:7?
Reply # 1 - ReplyTo ID: 14751

Posted By: RichardMann2016520 -
Date: 12/14/2017 7:14:13 PM
1 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ PrayingPraying

Comments: If a person celebrates a day, to God they do celebrate it. If they do not celebrate a day, to God they do not celebrate the day. If you are born again, all you do is done to God, for His glory and praise, even if you don't fully understand it. Christmas is what you make of it. Like all of life. And the only thing that matters is being born again by faith through Christ Jesus. Nothing else has eternal significance. Merry Christmas. Happy New Year. Happy Holidays. Blessings on all.
Reply # 2 - ReplyTo ID: 14749

Posted By: VickyBaze -
Date: 12/13/2017 11:49:18 PM

Comments:

Thanks Wendy for your wonderful article! Have a wonderful and blessed Christmas 🎄 cheers, Vicky 

Reply # 3 - ReplyTo ID: 14748

Posted By: KevinJackson -
Date: 12/13/2017 9:53:53 PM

Comments: For all who are interested... find William J. Federer's book: There Really Is A Santa Claus - The History of Saint Nicholas & Christmas Holiday Traditions (It's on Amazon)

This 300 page, type 14 font, paperback book is a truly great historical reference of all of the stuff we do for our holiday (Holy Day) traditions.

Go online and sign up for The American Minute. William J. Federer sends a unique email everyday detailing the lost history of this country and the world. It is free reference and the stories you will read will blow you away.
Reply # 4 - ReplyTo ID: 14747

Posted By: DonaldPalmer -
Date: 12/13/2017 11:44:46 AM
3 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ PrayingPraying

Comments:

Gracemer, I agree with everything you said. Merry Christmas to all who want to participate.  I always enjoy Wendy's articles.

Reply # 5 - ReplyTo ID: 14746

Posted By: Gracemer -
Date: 12/13/2017 10:54:46 AM
6 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 1 PrayingPraying

Comments: Col 2:16 Let no man therefore judge you in meat, or in drink, or in respect of an holyday, or of the new moon, or of the sabbath days: . . .

Any and every day is a proper day to honor Christ and every aspect of His life. If a person's conscience bothers him because of the pagan connection to Christmas, then that person shouldn't be criticized for not observing. Likewise, neither should people who observe be criticized or lectured. They are glorifying Christ after all is said and done.

Wendy, you and your friends are doing a really nice thing for people and I will pray for you.