Home | Forums | Bible | +Width | Subscribe | Member Login

Thursday, November 23, 2017   8:27:24 PM  

Welcome to The Omega Letter   Daily Briefings Commentary News Room   Contact OL Site Map How Do I?
Testimonials Prophecy Israel Globalism Terror In Defense Around the World War News Witnessing Perspective Commentary

Omega Letter Member Log In

Revelation  22 : 13
I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end, the first and the last.
Read Today's Proverb - Chapter 23

Why Subscribe?
Subscribe Online   Online
Subscribe By Mail   By mail
Contribute
Public Registration

Forum

Zeteo 3:16 with Alf and Alesia Cengia

THE END THE BOOK THE SERIES: J.L. Robb

Ready Reasons - Wendy Wippel

The End The Book Part 6

Faith Soaps and Love

Bible Prophecy News Christian Current Events

Daily Brief Commentary Contributed Help Forums

Omega Letter - Commentary Discussion

Church on Fire
Posted By: StevenFries
10/25/2017 9:21:37 AM

Reverse

Original Commentary Link
1 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ PrayingPraying

Member Comments:
Great article! I attend an Assembly of God church in Fort Myers (www.famfm.com) where our music lifts us into the presence of God and draws us closer to Him in song. When moved by the Holy Spirit, people will stand and raise their arms toward Heaven. It is compelling to say the least. I've often wondered if in the spiritual realm prayers and songs of praise and worship don't have substance that is somehow received by God. It truly becomes a very personal and intimate connection with the Lord and a powerful element of our service. I only wish that I could sing better! Thanks again, Wendy!

Reply # 1 - ReplyTo ID: 14644

Posted By: ShelleyMessenger -
Date: 10/25/2017 9:34:02 AM
2 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ PrayingPraying

Comments:

Thanks Wendy. I enjoyed reading this commentary. When we really sing and give praises to the Lord, have you noticed that we are blessed as well?  I am always much more free and happy.

Here is a link to a good praise song on Psalm:150.  (the video goes along with being free in praise, as well)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3PcLar9Sl0I

Reply # 2 - ReplyTo ID: 14645

Posted By: Kari -
Date: 10/25/2017 10:21:04 AM
4 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ PrayingPraying

Comments:

I love it when I am pondering something and then BOOM God uses Wendy to answer it for me.  Love ya, girl!

Reply # 3 - ReplyTo ID: 14646

Posted By: MichaelMerola -
Date: 10/25/2017 8:58:17 PM
Shout AMEN!Amen ~ PrayingPraying

Comments: This is one of the things I miss about not being able to
Find a church home for us. The last one we went to was an Assembly of God, but a lot of things were way off there.....except when the song "Revelation Song" by Jesus Culture started up. I can't listen to it without weeping, every,single time. Hillsong and Jesus Culture might have issues, but that song doesn't. By the way, please keep praying. We are hanging on by fingernails, but we haven't fallen yet. The prayers are working.

Reply # 4 - ReplyTo ID: 14647

Posted By: Greg S/CG -
Date: 10/26/2017 11:02:28 AM

Comments:

Very good Wendy 

"When we sing praise to God, we should expect His presence. He inhabits the praise of His people."

The absolute truth!

Greg S.

Reply # 5 - ReplyTo ID: 14650

Posted By: WendyWippel -
Date: 10/27/2017 3:50:53 PM

Comments:

Thanks, Stephen! I don't know why it took me all these years to put that together-- that if God inhabits our praise, it gives the worship time at churdh whole new meaning.  \

Sing loud, sing proud, All the scripture says is make it joyful.. 

and Shelly, I completely agree with that-- I was lucky to have have grown up spiritually in a church that sang songs that were all directly from scripture, and it has been such a huge blessing to my life. When I am stressed I drive around in my car and sing scripture to myself and it works wonders! Thanks Greg and Kari-- I love you too- and Michael-- I will keep praying. I would love to see you in my congregation!

Reply # 6 - ReplyTo ID: 14651

Posted By: StevenFries -
Date: 10/28/2017 1:34:53 PM

Comments:

Mike, try the Assembly of God service online at www.famfm.com at 11:00 Sunday morning.  We have a great pastor who is "old school" and the choir is fantastic!  I'll save you a seat! 

Reply # 7 - ReplyTo ID: 14652

Posted By: MichaelMerola -
Date: 10/29/2017 8:15:35 PM

Comments: Thanks Steven!
Reply # 8 - ReplyTo ID: 14658

Posted By: PamelaSwisher -
Date: 10/30/2017 9:16:47 PM
2 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ PrayingPraying

Comments:

I will tell you a story. I was the organist at a Presbyterian church/ Yes Presbyterian. But it was a church that loved to sing and I, as a new Christian, loved to play. We had lost our last pastor and were "between pastors". Attendance had gone down and there was some sadness. We were singing a praise the Lord song when the sound swelled louder. I looked up briefly and saw singing glowing angels surrounding the congregation. It was a brief vision but one I often think of when singing or playing to the Lord.

Even in our weakest praises God and His heavenly hosts are there.