Home | Forums | Bible | +Width | Subscribe | Member Login

Saturday, September 23, 2017   1:32:48 AM  

Welcome to The Omega Letter   Daily Briefings Commentary News Room   Contact OL Site Map How Do I?
Testimonials Prophecy Israel Globalism Terror In Defense Around the World War News Witnessing Perspective Commentary

Omega Letter Member Log In

1 Peter  5 : 8
Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour:
Read Today's Proverb - Chapter 23

Why Subscribe?
Subscribe Online   Online
Subscribe By Mail   By mail
Contribute
Public Registration

Forum

Zeteo 3:16 with Alf and Alesia Cengia

THE END THE BOOK THE SERIES: J.L. Robb

Ready Reasons - Wendy Wippel

The End The Book Part 6

Faith Soaps and Love

Bible Prophecy News Christian Current Events

Daily Brief Commentary Contributed Help Forums

Omega Letter - Commentary Discussion

Firm Convictions
Posted By: Gracemer
7/19/2017 10:48:18 AM

Reverse

Original Commentary Link
1 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ PrayingPraying

Member Comments:
What about the waters above the firmament? What does that mean?
Reply # 1 - ReplyTo ID: 14439

Posted By: KaraB -
Date: 7/19/2017 10:58:25 AM
2 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ PrayingPraying

Comments:

Wendy, I respectfully disagree that Bible lines up at all with what modern theoretical scientists tell us.
Genesis 1 says that there was light and plants before the sun was created. Modern science disagrees with that. 1 Chronicles 16:10, Psalms 93:1 and 96:10 all say that the earth is fixed and immovable, science tells us we are spinning (of course the Michelson Morley experiment showed no movement). Mark 13:24-25 tells us the sun and moon will no longer give their light and that the stars will fall from Heaven. Will we continue to orbit the sun once this happens and why? If the stars are giant balls of burning gas light years away, how exactly will they fall to earth? Astrophysicists say that we live in a 10 dimensional holographic universe (a Babylonian/Kabbalistic concept) and that we originated from star dust.
There is a very good documentary on modern so-called science (1 Timothy 6:20-21) called "Scientism Exposed". You can view it for free on Youtube or buy the DVD. There is no denying that modern theoretical science has been used as a weapon against God and has turned so many away from the truth that is in the Bible.
At the very least, we should be teaching people to "Prove all things..." 1 Thessalonians 5:21 and to "let God be true and every man a liar." Romans 3:5

Reply # 2 - ReplyTo ID: 14441

Date: 7/19/2017 11:03:35 AM
3 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ PrayingPraying

Comments:

"Praise Him ye Heaven of Heavens and ye Waters that be above the Heavens." Psalm 148:4

Reply # 3 - ReplyTo ID: 14442

Posted By: NathanE -
Date: 7/19/2017 2:24:54 PM
Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 3 PrayingPraying

Comments:

Expanding on KaraB's comments:  According to Genesis the origin nature of the universe is water, being around us (seas), under us (springs of the great deep), and above us (above the expanse of the firmament).  Current theoretical science tells us something very different.  Also, the Michelson-Morley, Sagnac, and Airy's Failure experiments all show the earth to be unmoving, agreeing with the biblical texts that state likewise, while current theoretical science tells us that the earth is rotating at 1000mph, revolving around the sun at 66,000mph, moving with our solar system through the Milky Way at 400,000+mph, and then moving through the universe at a million plus mph.

Reply # 4 - ReplyTo ID: 14443

Posted By: WendyWippel -
Date: 7/19/2017 8:37:40 PM
Shout AMEN!Amen ~ PrayingPraying

Comments: hi Gracmer. Some where it says that God called the waters above the firmament heaven, so I guess I would go with that, but I don't completely know how to parse that, to be honest. I would have to do some more research on that. Thanks for checking in.
Reply # 5 - ReplyTo ID: 14444

Posted By: WendyWippel -
Date: 7/19/2017 8:50:18 PM

Comments:

Hi Kara.  I really appreciate your comments, and let me just say that my greatest fear when I submit something like this is that my readers will think than I am putting the science ahead of what the scriptures say.  That is not my viewpoint at all. My perspecictive is that , if God's word is true, --and I ABSOLUTELY BELIEVE THAT THAT IS TRUE-- THEN SCOENCE HAS TO, INEVITABLY, FALL COMPLETELY IN LINE WITH wHAT sCRIPTURE hAS ALREADY TOLD US!

And as a scientist myself, I have that truth proven over and over and over ober the 30 years since my salvation.

I havce studied those first few verses of Genesis, in depth, and I see them go hand in hand with what science is saying. But the firmament  is nuebulously described in Scripture, so I went to the root words, and found, to my utter amazement, that  the root words mean to expand and stretch out, which was exactly what was happening, from the scientific perspective at the time that the first few verses of Genesis are describing.  Personally, I had goosebumps becauise the word of God is confirmed by by science every time.  We Every time.  just have to wait for science to catch up.

BTW, there are orthodox jewish astrophysicists that see the same things from the original Hebrew texts.  Again, thanks very much for your feedback. 

Reply # 6 - ReplyTo ID: 14445

Date: 7/19/2017 10:09:51 PM

Comments:

Thank you Wendy. I am not disagreeing that He stretched out the Heaven. But I read no where in the scripture where the Heaven includes an ever expanding universe full of other planets, galaxies, and giant suns. On the contrary, in Exekiel 1 we are told that the firmament is right above the creatures heads and that it had the appearance of a terrible glass. 

You have to understand that 2 months ago I was with you about science. I am a Star Wars fan from way back.  But you can not make any case that the Bible teaches a heliocentric model of the Universe. No matter how much you try and twist the scripture to fit it.

I also understand that you are very qualified in yor field. You should know then that the "science" is not settled. The Big Bang is a theory, heliocentricism is a theory, and gravity (that magical force needed to hold everything to a spinning ball) is also a theory. 

Fluid mechanics demand that water always seeks its level. We never see a body of water conform to the exterior of a shape in real life. In the same manner, we understand that two opposing pressure systems, such as our atmosphere and the vacuum of space would require a solid barrier to prevent their reaching equilibrium.

It certainly makes more sense to me that we are on a fixed, immovable earth with a solid dome (or tent if you like) shaped firmamnet above separating the waters from the waters. 

Modern day astrophysicists are teaching people that we can ascend to the Heavens thereby transcending our humanity. There is something very famuliar about that...Isaiah 14:12-13. God gave us dominion over the earth and said that Heaven is His. I had never really thought about what that meant but I don't think He changed His mind with the advent of NASA.

Reply # 7 - ReplyTo ID: 14446

Posted By: BobbyeKay -
Date: 7/20/2017 1:20:06 AM

Comments:

Very interesting discussion, my scholarly and wise Christian sisters.  I can certainly tell you two have "studied to show yourselves approved"!   Much love and admiration, In Christ, BKK

Reply # 8 - ReplyTo ID: 14447

Posted By: NathanE -
Date: 7/20/2017 9:42:05 AM

Comments:

Wow, awesome job KaraB, well done!