Home | Forums | Bible | +Width | Subscribe | Member Login

Sunday, October 22, 2017   6:19:42 PM  

Welcome to The Omega Letter   Daily Briefings Commentary News Room   Contact OL Site Map How Do I?
Testimonials Prophecy Israel Globalism Terror In Defense Around the World War News Witnessing Perspective Commentary

Omega Letter Member Log In

Revelation  17 : 9
And here is the mind which hath wisdom. The seven heads are seven mountains, on which the woman sitteth.
Read Today's Proverb - Chapter 22

Why Subscribe?
Subscribe Online   Online
Subscribe By Mail   By mail
Contribute
Public Registration

Forum

Zeteo 3:16 with Alf and Alesia Cengia

THE END THE BOOK THE SERIES: J.L. Robb

Ready Reasons - Wendy Wippel

The End The Book Part 6

Faith Soaps and Love

Bible Prophecy News Christian Current Events

Daily Brief Commentary Contributed Help Forums

Omega Letter - Commentary Discussion

On the Road with Lewis and Tolkien
Posted By: Mark Thompson
6/30/2017 9:45:13 AM

Reverse

Original Commentary Link
4 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ PrayingPraying

Member Comments:
Thanks for the subject you picked. I have long enjoyed the Chronicles of Narnia and the Lord of the Rings books. It was not until I was 19 (a long time ago) that I discovered C.S. Lewis and through him Tolkien. There is truly something special about their books. At times I have to admit I was a bit embarrassed to let anyone know I so admired "children's books" but it is true. Looking forward to that final chapter that is really the beginning. Thanks again Mr. Alf, you made my morning.

Reply # 1 - ReplyTo ID: 14400

Posted By: Gracemer -
Date: 6/30/2017 12:10:47 PM
1 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ PrayingPraying

Comments: I finished reading "The Magician's Nephew" again just 2 days ago. "Dawn Treader" is my favorite, and "Perelandra" my fave of the sci-fi trilogy. To think we're headed for a place better than that and He'll be there. Lovely article. The books are fun to read regardless of one's age.
Reply # 2 - ReplyTo ID: 14401

Posted By: Gracemer -
Date: 6/30/2017 12:19:43 PM
Shout AMEN!Amen ~ PrayingPraying

Comments: BTW, when I clicked on your link, several other short talks by MacArthur on other topics came up on the page. Specifically, he gives a great response in regard to transgenderism. Going back again to hear him on some more topics.
Reply # 3 - ReplyTo ID: 14402

Posted By: Corin Keiler-Lloyd -
Date: 7/1/2017 5:58:10 PM
1 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ PrayingPraying

Comments: I could really identify with much of what you have written. I also found the third of their friends, Charles Williams. His novels are something else, but very instructive on how we choose to do good or evil.It is remarkable how Lewis, Tolkien and Williams produce so much good work, in every sense. The have many imitators, some detractors and no equals.