Home | Forums | Bible | +Width | Subscribe | Member Login

Saturday, November 18, 2017   4:43:11 AM  

Welcome to The Omega Letter   Daily Briefings Commentary News Room   Contact OL Site Map How Do I?
Testimonials Prophecy Israel Globalism Terror In Defense Around the World War News Witnessing Perspective Commentary

Omega Letter Member Log In

Deuteronomy  33 : 24
And of Asher he said, Let Asher be blessed with children; let him be acceptable to his brethren, and let him dip his foot in oil.
Read Today's Proverb - Chapter 18

Why Subscribe?
Subscribe Online   Online
Subscribe By Mail   By mail
Contribute
Public Registration

Forum

Zeteo 3:16 with Alf and Alesia Cengia

THE END THE BOOK THE SERIES: J.L. Robb

Ready Reasons - Wendy Wippel

The End The Book Part 6

Faith Soaps and Love

Bible Prophecy News Christian Current Events

Daily Brief Commentary Contributed Help Forums

Omega Letter - Commentary Discussion

September 23, 2017- Doomsday
Posted By: Mark Thompson
6/15/2017 9:39:23 AM

Reverse

Original Commentary Link
40 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 32 PrayingPraying

Member Comments:
Mr. Robb, you have made some very good points. Possibly that only link I could see to watching the stars in the Bible was regarding the wise men from Babylon who came to worship Jesus and present gifts to him. It certainly seemed no one in Israel was watching for a special star, which lines up with your statements. Thanks you for writing. I have enjoyed your articles for years. You are a blessing to many people.
Reply # 1 - ReplyTo ID: 14487

Posted By: WayneKing201789 -
Date: 8/9/2017 2:03:55 PM
Shout AMEN!Amen ~ PrayingPraying

Comments: The practice of astrology by humans was forbidden to men. It was one of the enlightenment(s) taught to men by the "Fallen Angels", the "Watchers", etc. One of the practices taught to us to defile us. God said, "He has set his signs in the heavens". I would imagine that even the form of astrology taught us was a mere perversion of power and majesty used by God to set the heavens in motion. Wonder at His Glory, Rejoice at His Coming.
Reply # 2 - ReplyTo ID: 14486

Posted By: WayneKing201789 -
Date: 8/9/2017 1:33:26 PM

Comments: The practice of astrology by humans was forbidden to men. It was one of the enlightenment(s) taught to men by the "Fallen Angels", the "Watchers", etc. One of the practices taught to us to defile us. God said, "He has set his signs in the heavens". I would imagine that even the form of astrology taught us was a mere perversion of power and majesty used by God to set the heavens in motion. Wonder at His Glory, Rejoice at His Coming.
Reply # 3 - ReplyTo ID: 14378

Posted By: Anton -
Date: 6/20/2017 1:43:33 PM
1 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ PrayingPraying

Comments:

God Bless you Jerry.Time is running out!See you all soon I pray.

Anton.

Reply # 4 - ReplyTo ID: 14373

Posted By: JLRobb -
Date: 6/20/2017 8:32:24 AM

Comments:

Thanks Anton and I think the world of you. You were the first person to respond to my first Omega Letter article!

Reply # 5 - ReplyTo ID: 14372

Date: 6/20/2017 8:28:55 AM

Comments:

I have no problem and encourage discourse on opinions I share, because they are only my opinions. I am so glad to see all these comments. Hope you had a great Father's Day.

Reply # 6 - ReplyTo ID: 14370

Posted By: Greg -
Date: 6/20/2017 3:13:44 AM

Comments: Mr. Robb, I apologize if I was a little rough on you in what I said. We're on the same team, and perhaps I could have shown a bit more decorum. Forgive me for that. Unity in Christ trumps unity in doctrine.

Or in opinion.

Your brother in Christ,
Greg L.

Reply # 7 - ReplyTo ID: 14367

Date: 6/19/2017 3:22:01 PM
3 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ PrayingPraying

Comments:

No, Harry I am not a Democrat.I am a South African.I am a medical doctor and anything but stupid.

Anton.

Reply # 8 - ReplyTo ID: 14366

Posted By: HarryPaul -
Date: 6/19/2017 1:21:29 PM
8 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 2 PrayingPraying

Comments:

Hey Anton,

Are you a democrat?

To imply that Jerry was sowing discord is pretty stupid, just saying.

Harry

P.S. Anton, I'm not calling you stupid.

Harry

Reply # 9 - ReplyTo ID: 14364

Date: 6/19/2017 7:51:17 AM

Comments:

God hates sowing discord amongst the brethren.

Anton.

Reply # 10 - ReplyTo ID: 14363

Date: 6/18/2017 4:22:56 PM
9 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ PrayingPraying

Comments:

Thanks Harry- I did stir the nest a bit. Glad I did. Great to have so many discussing it so civilly.

Reply # 11 - ReplyTo ID: 14362

Date: 6/18/2017 12:33:32 PM
2 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ PrayingPraying

Comments:

Thank you Alf.God is Love and gave his Son for us.Happy Fathersday to ALL fathers at OL.

Anton.

Reply # 12 - ReplyTo ID: 14361

Posted By: Alf -
Date: 6/18/2017 10:29:47 AM
19 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ PrayingPraying

Comments: Amen, Anton. Some of us may disagree with the theory but let's not divide over it. Personally, I won't complain if it happens. And I doubt anyone else will either.
Reply # 13 - ReplyTo ID: 14360

Date: 6/18/2017 5:20:08 AM
8 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 2 PrayingPraying

Comments:

Let's stop this fighting.God is in control.Nobody knows everything.Keep looking UP!

Anton.

Reply # 14 - ReplyTo ID: 14359

Date: 6/18/2017 1:04:59 AM
3 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 1 PrayingPraying

Comments: I know I "bowed out," but I can't leave without sharing this link:

https://rev12daily.blogspot.tw/2017/06/its-not-astrology-omega-letter.html

Enjoy.

In Christ,
Greg L.

Reply # 15 - ReplyTo ID: 14358

Posted By: HarryPaul -
Date: 6/17/2017 10:24:32 AM
15 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ PrayingPraying

Comments:

Yo Jerry,

Great article. I haven't seen the comments light up like this in years. It's about time. Keep up the good work. By the way, I agree with your article.

Harry

Reply # 16 - ReplyTo ID: 14357

Date: 6/17/2017 7:17:18 AM
12 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ PrayingPraying

Comments:

Every Jubilee year has been significent for Israel.The 10th Jubilee ends 23 Sept 2017,but just before that is the feast of Trumpets(Rosh Hashanah).We have had a tetrad of blood moons and the Bethlehem star-what more must God do to get our focus on the Blessed Hope?Rapture imminent!As a founding member of the OL I implore you to take heed.

Anton.

Reply # 17 - ReplyTo ID: 14356

Date: 6/17/2017 5:46:34 AM
4 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 3 PrayingPraying

Comments:

To all: While I don't apologize for the gist of what I said, I do apologize, and sincerely, if I came across too harshly. Mea culpa. It's just that I have grown sick and weary of people who won't take the time to understand something, but will take all the time they need to scoff at it and mock all those who study it.

Since it seems many would defend Mr. Robb's right to do just that, I will take that as a cue to politely bow out.

Now, if there was a nice, spiritual way to say that, I would.

In Christ,

Greg L.

Reply # 18 - ReplyTo ID: 14355

Posted By: Gracemer -
Date: 6/16/2017 10:09:26 PM
7 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ PrayingPraying

Comments: There is a right way and a wrong way to express your opinion.

Gal 6:1

Brethren, if a man be overtaken in a fault, ye which are spiritual, restore such an one in the spirit of meekness; considering thyself, lest thou also be tempted.

There are difference between faults, errors and differences opinion. Jer didn't deserve any of the snotty remarks. He's entitled to his opinion just as much as anyone else here. If you think he's wrong, point it out with scripture, facts, your experience or whatever you have...like a Christian. We're becoming waaay too much like the world in our speech and behavior.
Reply # 19 - ReplyTo ID: 14352

Posted By: Greg S/CG -
Date: 6/16/2017 11:52:10 AM
8 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ PrayingPraying

Comments:

We all have an opinion on these matters. My opinion on these so called Blood moons are they are not supported by scripture. Only one Blood moon is even mentioned in the Bible and that's in Revelations. These so called blood moons are part of an eclipse and happen all the time, they will continue to happen all the time. When the real Blood moon shows up folks wont be saying that's an orange moon or a brownish moon there going to freak out because it will look like its soaked in blood. It will be so impressive I think folks will have trouble controlling there bladders. I was really into the blood moon craze until I studied up on them and then I realized it was just a way to make money.   

As for the 23rd, In my opinion it is not the date of the Rapture, Only the Lord knows that day no living soul does or ever will until the First Trump. I will not say nothing will happen on that date, If it does it will happen to Israel.(my opinion) But Ill bet we are still here on the 24th. Oh how I would love for that to be the day of the rapture, Id like it to be today as well,  So dont get me wrong.

We are all Christians here, we all have certain opinions, When it comes to deciphering what we believe are signs we must be more understanding of different opinions.Not so quick to insult others over there opinion.     

Greg Spears

Reply # 20 - ReplyTo ID: 14351

Date: 6/16/2017 11:29:34 AM
8 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ PrayingPraying

Comments: Whoa! I read some pretty mean spirited responses to this article. People, let's recall that Jerry is a brother in Christ and is a valuable contributor to this site. None of the OL contributors are professional eschatologists (if there even is such a thing). let's save the outrage for heretics.
Reply # 21 - ReplyTo ID: 14348

Date: 6/16/2017 1:25:27 AM
8 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 1 PrayingPraying

Comments:

Mr. Robb, you also mentioned the "false sign" of the orange Blood Moons. "Orange" Blood Moons...that's cute. Do you not know (and evidently you do not) that it was common throughout the history of Israel for astronomical signs portending wars and other cataclysmic events to precede the actual events by up to four years? And why do you suppose that might be, Mr. Robb? Because God is merciful, and not willing that any should perish. He's not playing a game of "Gotcha!" He wants to warn His people Israel, the apple of His eye.

So as you and all the other scoffers like you casually mock and dismiss an astronomical super sign like the Blood Moons, a sign for Israel that they will soon be plunged into their final period of purging, you would all do well to remember one thing, and it's something that you may be saddened to learn:

God doesn't operate according to your schedule--He operates according to His.

Of course, people like you have the advantage of being able to pillory profiteering hucksters like John Hagee, who scrap and scuffle for the marketing rights to God's revelation for fame and fortune...and in the process do nothing but dishonor a holy God and His inerrant Word, and bring reproach on the precious name of Jesus, the name that is above every name.

I see no scriptural reason to think the REV12 sign is any different. I am personally convinced that the only thing that will happen on September 23, 2017 is that the mocking and scoffing will be ratcheted up to biblical levels, and there will be a sound as of a mighty rushing wind--and that will be the sound of thousands of marginally informed wannabe prophecy watchers, dilettantes, and closet date-setters rushing for the exit.

One thing mystifies me, and it is this. The season of Christ's First Advent was heralded by stunning astronomical signs in the heavens (the Star of Bethlehem), and yet people like you mock and scoff at the idea that the Second Advent just might be following suit.

Because it is, and all of man's scoffing and mocking cannot stop it.

In Christ,
Greg L.

Reply # 22 - ReplyTo ID: 14347

Posted By: MichaelMerola -
Date: 6/15/2017 10:11:50 PM
5 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ PrayingPraying

Comments: I have had a belly full of supposed dates and signs regarding the Rapture, and most of them have been a load of bovine excrement. I just earnestly want the event to happen, and the sooner the better. There is NOTHING here worth staying for compared to that, and I DEFY anyone to offer up an example of what would be worth it. Go ahead, no one can.
Reply # 23 - ReplyTo ID: 14346

Date: 6/15/2017 5:09:00 PM

Comments:

I think we as a group qualify as ones who are activly searching. So even though I dont feel the 23rd of sept will be anything more then the 23rd of Sept. I absolutely will not be ignoring that day. Because its there and the sign does align with the prophecy if the prophecy is being  interpeted correctly.  We should not ignore it. We should keep an open mind and of course watch Israel because it will be Israel this sign would be a warning too would it not?

Greg

Reply # 24 - ReplyTo ID: 14345

Posted By: BillWroblewski -
Date: 6/15/2017 4:24:02 PM
4 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ PrayingPraying

Comments:

Hi Kerry - I agree with you! I also know that we are to be actively watching, looking for ALL signs, and we for sure should be able to recognize the season we are in.

Proverbs 25:2 says, "It is the glory of God to conceal a thing: but the honour of kings is to search out a matter."

Blessings!

Dennis

Reply # 25 - ReplyTo ID: 14344

Posted By: Kerry -
Date: 6/15/2017 4:06:01 PM
6 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ PrayingPraying

Comments:

Simply put, Jesus said "Be ye therefore ready also: for the Son of man cometh at an hour when ye think not. Luke 12:40 and also Matthew 24:44"

So my guess is that any date is going to be wrong unless every day you think it will be tomorrow. So, yes, I'm extremely skeptical regarding September 23. Now, when our very own OL Pete wrote an article saying he believed there was a good chance the rapture could happen in the next year, that's different - that's not date setting.

Anyway, great article J.L. Marantha!

Reply # 26 - ReplyTo ID: 14343

Date: 6/15/2017 4:05:39 PM
6 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ PrayingPraying

Comments:

Not many recognized the signs of his first coming either, did they? I don't think it was that easy to see. Maybe that's why just a few wise men from the East figured it out. They were wise.

Keep Looking!

Dennis

Reply # 27 - ReplyTo ID: 14342

Date: 6/15/2017 3:58:39 PM

Comments: I incorrectly listed the date of the rebirth of the nation of Israel as June 7, 1948. It was actually on May 14, 1948. However, according to some, for it to be a real sign everyone must see it. If that's true, the rebirth of Israel in 1948 wasn't a real sign. I, for one, didn't see it. Hmmm.

Still not sure about what may or may not happen on Sept 23rd. I just don't want to be caught "sleeping through it" like the religious authorities at the birth of the Messiah.

Dennis
Reply # 28 - ReplyTo ID: 14341

Date: 6/15/2017 3:28:16 PM
3 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ PrayingPraying

Comments:

The problem with those tetrads were none of them were visible from Israel. The one in 1948 came after the war. Was not visible from Israel. In 1967 it was visible but only from there highest elevation. Plus no one in those days ever saw it or commented on these blood moons.  So how is it a warning if no one saw it, I dont believe the Lords Signs will be so hard to see or decipher. 

Greg

Reply # 29 - ReplyTo ID: 14340

Date: 6/15/2017 2:55:33 PM
10 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ PrayingPraying

Comments:

We are supposed to be looking at the Stars, Moon and sun for a sign, Astrology is something altogether different. Its more in line with witchcraft and pagan worship. As for this sign on the 23 of September Im a skeptic as well. Im a skeptic because of all the crap that has come at us before. This sign is a complicated sign, looking at its description in the bible its not something easily understood. There is no simple way for it to be known by Joe citizen on the street. No one is going to just look up and see this and say My gosh a sign from God.  If this sign found in Revelation is a true sign and this alignment of stars in the sky matches it then because of the complication involved its meant for those who studied there bibles and are looking for it. No one else,  Im not sure how I feel about that. End time signs should be for the world to see.  But as for the 23rd of September, Ill take it a day at a time.

Greg 

Reply # 30 - ReplyTo ID: 14339

Date: 6/15/2017 2:52:05 PM
16 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ PrayingPraying

Comments: Rob, Rob, Rob!! I've read your TETB series. I loved them, so I thought you were more of a thinker!

I agree with Greg. I'm not saying that 9/23/17 is the date of the Rapture. I just don't know. I do know we are told there will be signs in the sky. I think it's worth watching.

Greg is right - astrology does not equal astronomy. Not even in the same ball park. Maybe you can do some research on the word Mazzaroth. Make sure you read Job 38:31-32. God and Job had some dialog about constellations, and I don't think they were discussing what is now called Astrology. You can start by going back and reading:

The Heavens Declare The Glory of God
Monday, September 01, 2008
Jack Kinsella - Omega Letter Editor

There may very well be a connection between the most recent Blood Moon Tetrad and the upcoming solar eclipse and the Rev 12 sign. Please don't look at them as stand-alone singular events. Like, "Oh, nothing happened because from where I was the moons didn't look blood red, so it must have been another false alarm." The website Space.com defines them this way, "A series of four total lunar eclipses in a row is called a tetrad, or four Blood Moons". That's whether or not they appear to be RED.

Heavenly signs may be more like a collection of astronomical (not astrological!) events, or a sequence of events. And yes, you are right - the Tetrad of Blood Moons on Feast Days has happened before. The previous three were in 1492, 1948 and 1967 - all significant for Jews. I think you recognize those years.

As far as being able to see the sign, my question is "Who says everyone needs to be able to see it?" I mean, the rebirth of Israel was a MAJOR sign, wouldn't you agree? But, I didn't get to see it. Did you? I wasn't born yet, so I missed that one. And anyone that died before June 7, 1948 didn't get to see it either. Does that in some way invalidate it?

I could go on with rebuttals to some of your other statements, but it's not necessary.

My recommendation would be to keep looking for signs (we are commanded to do that!). Keep expecting the Rapture at any time (also instructed to do that). And study just a bit more before agreeing or disagreeing with any position.

It is much safer to predict the Rapture will NOT happen on a certain day. If you're right, you can proudly claim to be discerning correctly and Biblically. But, if you're wrong - and we ARE raptured on that day - you are off the hook! You'll never be called out for it! We'll be out of here....and hopefully, you will be too. Predicting it "won't" happen is a safe bet - If you're wrong, you'll never have to answer to those that disagreed with you.

God Bless! Be sure to keep the Bible AND your mind both open!)

Dennis
Reply # 31 - ReplyTo ID: 14338

Posted By: RichardMann2016520 -
Date: 6/15/2017 12:57:32 PM
3 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 3 PrayingPraying

Comments: Yep. More money to be made with books and such. And it does make us Christians look very foolish. Now, when it comes to earthquakes and such.....
Reply # 32 - ReplyTo ID: 14337

Date: 6/15/2017 12:37:24 PM
25 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 3 PrayingPraying

Comments:

You checked 150 years with no luck?

Try 6,000.

Mr. Robb, studying the fulfillment of the REV12 sign is not astrology.

Astrology: The study of the movements and relative positions of celestial bodies for the purpose of interpreting their supposed influence on the course of human affairs and the lives of individuals, and predicting future events on earth.

So when people simply observe the scientific fact that the sun, moon, and certain stars and planets will align in precisely the manner described in Scripture for the first and last time in human history, no one (at least no one I would admit to knowing) is attempting to interpret its supposed influence on the course of human affairs or the lives of individuals, or to predict future events on earth.

People who study the REV12 sign are simply marveling at God's revelation of the fulfillment of a prophetic sign given in His Word—a sign that we believe a careful study of Scripture clearly reveals as being a depiction of the catching away of the body of Christ prior to the coming Tribulation, and a sign that, while not necessarily pinpointing the exact dates of these events, almost certainly heralds their general time frame. As a result, we seek only to inform and edify the body of Christ concerning what God has revealed.

Now, I can understand if you simply reject the fulfillment of the sign of Revelation 12:1-2 for whatever other reasons you may have, but do not grievously insult thousands of believers who are merely marveling at God's revelation of the fulfillment of His Word by accusing them of practicing astrology.

I couldn't help but notice that there is nothing in your article that convinces me you even understand exactly what elements make up the sign of Revelation 12:1-2. In other words, it appears you haven't done your homework...which, sadly, I have found to be the norm among most Christians. It's too "out there," so it's far easier (and safer) to just follow the crowd and crack wise.

If by chance you actually want to know something about the REV12 sign and its fulfillment (instead of being content to sit back and hurl what amount to ignorant, uninformed insults at other born-again believers), here are a couple places to start:

http://www.alittlestrength.com/articles/2016/1607-redux.htm

http://www.alittlestrength.com/articles/2017/1703-sky-dont-lie.htm

http://www.alittlestrength.com/articles/2017/1705-exit-sign.htm

In Christ,
Greg L.

Reply # 33 - ReplyTo ID: 14336

Date: 6/15/2017 10:37:35 AM
2 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 1 PrayingPraying

Comments: I always thought the sign of the woman was in the spiritual realm, but then, who would the sign be for? The names of the constellations today are primarily astronomical designations, not astrological. Somebody wrote a book about the gospel in the stars, but I didn't read it. It's too much like trying to make things have biblical relevance. Guess we'll just have to wait and see if we're watching this planetary lineup from above or below.