Home | Forums | Bible | +Width | Subscribe | Member Login

Monday, November 20, 2017   10:20:08 AM  

Welcome to The Omega Letter   Daily Briefings Commentary News Room   Contact OL Site Map How Do I?
Testimonials Prophecy Israel Globalism Terror In Defense Around the World War News Witnessing Perspective Commentary

Omega Letter Member Log In

Zechariah  14 : 12
And this shall be the plague wherewith the LORD will smite all the people that have fought against Jerusalem; Their flesh shall consume away while they stand upon their feet, and their eyes shall consume away in their holes, and their tongue shall consume away in their mouth.
Read Today's Proverb - Chapter 20

Why Subscribe?
Subscribe Online   Online
Subscribe By Mail   By mail
Contribute
Public Registration

Forum

Zeteo 3:16 with Alf and Alesia Cengia

THE END THE BOOK THE SERIES: J.L. Robb

Ready Reasons - Wendy Wippel

The End The Book Part 6

Faith Soaps and Love

Bible Prophecy News Christian Current Events

Daily Brief Commentary Contributed Help Forums

Omega Letter - Commentary Discussion

Call Me the Wanderer
Posted By: Kerry
6/7/2017 10:08:02 AM

Reverse

Original Commentary Link
40 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ PrayingPraying

Member Comments:
Godspeed Wendy! Obey is one thing, but trusting is a whole different level. Imagine the fleeing Israelites in the desert as the Egyptian Chariots roar in the distance as it appears inevitable they will be trampled and killed. Only Moses had the faith that God would see them through it!

I find myself in the same situation many times. It's one thing to believe God's truth in the Bible, it's another thing to believe it in your own life. Good luck Wendy and bundle up when you get to Michigan. You probably have that thin blood living in Mississippi all those years
Reply # 1 - ReplyTo ID: 14316

Posted By: Michael -
Date: 6/7/2017 9:37:54 PM
4 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ PrayingPraying

Comments:

"What am I going to do, in Michigan, with my two dozen Buckeye sweatshirts? And Buckeye Crocs?"

From THE Ohio State University???

Two words: e Bay

But seriously, it's only recently that I've come to realize that I should be less concerned with getting comfortable in this world. The good news is that God's already where you're going. And He's got it handled. I just hope I can display that same level of confidence when He taps me and says:

"Hey, go over there."

You're in our prayers.

Reply # 2 - ReplyTo ID: 14315

Posted By: SusanAnders -
Date: 6/7/2017 7:05:57 PM
3 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ PrayingPraying

Comments: It was not until I decided to take the positive view of our many moves with my husband's job that I could see new learning experiences in each move and growth that I would not otherwise have known. Go gracefully and God will give you so much more than you expect.(Yeah, this Southern girl cannot imagine Michigan.)
Reply # 3 - ReplyTo ID: 14314

Posted By: LizGillum -
Date: 6/7/2017 2:18:54 PM
5 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ PrayingPraying

Comments: I sympathize with you, change has never been my favorite thing. It seems as though our God likes to "shake" us up from time to time. From my birth in Tacoma, Washington to where I now live in Ohio I have moved 22 times, that includes four states. I was blessed to live in a "holler" for thirty years, I loved it and fully intended to live out my life there but God had other plans. Looking back on my life, even though I hate change, I am glad for all those changes he put me through. They enriched my life, allowed Him to teach me many things of which the most important is to trust Him in all things. I know He has and will do the same for you.
Reply # 4 - ReplyTo ID: 14313

Posted By: Geir -
Date: 6/7/2017 12:46:28 PM
5 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ PrayingPraying

Comments: Wendy,

Thank you for sharing your story today. It has let me know that my wife and I aren't the only ones God has called to move to Michigan.

I think I know a little of your pain. My wife and I moved from the populous suburbs of Chicago to very, very rural small-town Michigan. In Chicago, we belonged to a wonderful church, the shopping was plentiful, there was all kinds of attractions and things to do, and our two grown sons still live there. So, the thought of moving to rural Michigan was very difficult in many ways. But, we knew that God was calling us to make this move. He kept telling us, "Honor your mother and father." And so, we moved to Michigan to take care of my wife's four parents (her parents divorced and both remarried, so four). God has been faithful to us (as He always is) here in Michigan. My wife has been able to take care of her parents, and due to the kind of job I have I can work from anywhere there is a decent internet connection. We found a new church, and I have become involved with the local sheriff department's victim services unit.

We simply trusted God and followed his call on our lives, as I am sure you are doing. I am also sure that He will be faithful to you and you will find your place in your new home.

God bless you in your move to and new life in Michigan.

Geir