Home | Forums | Bible | +Width | Subscribe | Member Login

Thursday, November 23, 2017   10:39:25 PM  

Welcome to The Omega Letter   Daily Briefings Commentary News Room   Contact OL Site Map How Do I?
Testimonials Prophecy Israel Globalism Terror In Defense Around the World War News Witnessing Perspective Commentary

Omega Letter Member Log In

Revelation  22 : 13
I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end, the first and the last.
Read Today's Proverb - Chapter 23

Why Subscribe?
Subscribe Online   Online
Subscribe By Mail   By mail
Contribute
Public Registration

Forum

Zeteo 3:16 with Alf and Alesia Cengia

THE END THE BOOK THE SERIES: J.L. Robb

Ready Reasons - Wendy Wippel

The End The Book Part 6

Faith Soaps and Love

Bible Prophecy News Christian Current Events

Daily Brief Commentary Contributed Help Forums

Omega Letter - Commentary Discussion

Eye for an Eye
Posted By: Gracemer
5/25/2017 10:04:13 AM

Reverse

Original Commentary Link
3 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 3 PrayingPraying

Member Comments:
I just looked up some gun statistics. In the UK private gun ownership per 100 people is 3.7. In the US, private gun ownership per 100 people is 101.05. High gun ownership is a strong deterrent to crime. No wonder the lefties are so desperate to disarm America. Everybody should have one or more (criminals excepted), but gun laws don't work on criminals, only on law abiding citizens. History proves that an unarmed citizenry is a sitting duck for criminal/terrorist takeover. I wish I had a more religious answer to the atrocity committed at that arena, but God did not deny us self defense. And get rid of ISIS sympathizers who hold public office. In the end, America will go down too, according to scripture. Guns 'n Bibles. It could be the name of a rock band. The end is so near, let us pray for Christ's return, but expect a terrorist attack near you in the not too distant future. This nightmare can't be undone.
Reply # 1 - ReplyTo ID: 14284

Posted By: JLRobb -
Date: 5/25/2017 10:34:41 AM
2 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ PrayingPraying

Comments:

Terrorists don't seem to worry much about gun laws. They do well with bombs, trucks and machetes.

Reply # 2 - ReplyTo ID: 14285

Posted By: DonaldPalmer -
Date: 5/25/2017 12:37:48 PM
1 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ PrayingPraying

Comments:

I agree with Gracemer that God did not deny us self defense. But our citizens are more and more being molded into followers of the left's ideology and an entitlement mentality. 

I don't think there are enough people left in most areas to vote the Islamic sympathisers out of office. There are too many people that have been "given over to a reprobate mind" as the Bible says. 

What is a reprobate mind?  It is one that does not pass the test. Who's test" God, our Father's test.

I am sure amazed at how those that oppose Christianity can have turned so far from basic moral principles, but they are "augering in". 

Come Lord Jesus

Reply # 3 - ReplyTo ID: 14286

Posted By: Gracemer -
Date: 5/25/2017 2:56:10 PM
Shout AMEN!Amen ~ PrayingPraying

Comments: Jerry, that's true. Some Brits like to twit Americans about gun violence, but they're stabbing and bludgeoning each other at nearly an equal rate. Terrorists will use whatever they can get, but I was thinking about personal defense. That made me think about jury duty in criminal cases. Before anyone serves, they should familiarize themselves with their rights as jurors at the fija.org website (Fully Informed Jury Association). We don't have to consider judges' instructions or prosecutors' instructions. We need only consult our consciences and nullify if we deem fit. The legal system definitely does not want you to know your rights. No more punishing the victims of violent crimes. I don't know why I just posted that. Wait, yes I do, because I'm not going to convict a person who violates a law in defense of his life or the lives of his family.
Reply # 4 - ReplyTo ID: 14287

Posted By: Gracemer -
Date: 5/25/2017 3:03:44 PM
3 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ PrayingPraying

Comments: DonaldPalmer, your post made me think the rapture is nearer than ever. Our country is about equally divided. I pray that those who stand for God, goodness and our republic will never give an inch. They'll have to be taken out of the way. I think there are more liberals waking up than there are conservatives falling asleep. At least I hope so. The mystery of iniquity...is very mysterious indeed.
Reply # 5 - ReplyTo ID: 14288

Posted By: LizGillum -
Date: 5/25/2017 8:58:18 PM
1 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ PrayingPraying

Comments: I always wondered how the European governments justified allowing this mass migration of Muslims into their countries. I came across this book, Eurabia by Bat Ye'or that does a very good job of explaining it. France was the point man so to speak for this unholy alliance with the Muslims but the leaders of the other European countries by and large have joined right in. Greed, fear of the oil being cut off, and just plain delusional thinking, and mutual hatred of Israel has lead to what we unfolding in Europe now. It seems the "common" folks were not so on board with this whole mass immigration idea that their leaders loved so much. As stated in this article the European leaders have chosen the wron path.
Reply # 6 - ReplyTo ID: 14289

Posted By: JLRobb -
Date: 5/26/2017 8:51:44 AM
2 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ PrayingPraying

Comments:

I agree totally. Even churches today seem to be molding Jesus into their own image.