Home | Forums | Bible | +Width | Subscribe | Member Login

Monday, May 29, 2017   6:33:31 PM  

Welcome to The Omega Letter   Daily Briefings Commentary News Room   Contact OL Site Map How Do I?
Testimonials Prophecy Israel Globalism Terror In Defense Around the World War News Witnessing Perspective Commentary

Omega Letter Member Log In

Galatians  2 : 21
I do not frustrate the grace of God: for if righteousness come by the law, then Christ is dead in vain.
Read Today's Proverb - Chapter 29

Why Subscribe?
Subscribe Online   Online
Subscribe By Mail   By mail
Contribute
Public Registration

Forum

Zeteo 3:16 with Alf and Alesia Cengia

The Third Woe Part 6: J.L. Robb

Revelation: Dawn of Global Government

Ready Reasons - Wendy Wippel

Place an advanced order to recieve your signed copy of THE END THE BOOK: Part Four

Faith Soaps and Love

Bible Prophecy News Christian Current Events

Daily Brief Commentary Contributed Help Forums

Omega Letter - Commentary Discussion

A Prodigal People
Posted By: Michael
5/17/2017 10:17:59 AM

Reverse

Original Commentary Link
3 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ PrayingPraying

Member Comments:
And am I ever glad He's the God of second chances!

Glad to hear that your friend is now couseling women. Every morning when I open my eyes, I realize God's got something for me to do.
Reply # 1 - ReplyTo ID: 14263

Posted By: DonaldPalmer -
Date: 5/17/2017 12:33:40 PM
4 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ PrayingPraying

Comments: Thanks Wendy,
I must admit, I had a wrong understanding of the word "prodigal" as well. In my weak mind, I always thought it had something to do with "returning". Thanks for pointing out that it means "wasting resources". Oh, that I not waste His Word! Psalm 19:7 The law of the Lord is perfect , converting the soul: the testimony of the Lord is sure, making wise the simple. The statutes of the Lord are right, rejoicing the heart: the commandment of the Lord is pure,enlightening the eyes, The fear of the Lord is clean, enduring forever: the judgements of the Lord are true and righteous altogether... With His Word, I am able to avoid anxiety as I daily look up and lift up my head looking for his call. Come Lord Jesus!
Reply # 2 - ReplyTo ID: 14269

Posted By: WayneHoffman201743 -
Date: 5/18/2017 4:57:01 PM
Shout AMEN!Amen ~ PrayingPraying

Comments: Thanks again for another great article! I DO have a question that I hope you can expound on in your down-to-earth, easy to understand manner. You stated that parables teach through analogies, which is what I used to think until someone pointed out Luke 8:9-10 to me; parables are used to prevent you from understanding unless you were one of His disciples. In other words, I thought I understood the analogies, but that was not what they really meant. Very confusing! Could you write an article about that?
Reply # 3 - ReplyTo ID: 14275

Posted By: Geir -
Date: 5/21/2017 3:06:49 PM
2 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ PrayingPraying

Comments: Thank you for this article, Wendy. I really needed to hear it today. I love the story of the prodigal son, but I always felt that it has been titled incorrectly. It's true that the story depicts the deplorable way the son treats his father and how he squanders his inheritance, only to have his humble return home to be celebrated by his father. But, to me, the story is really about the love, compassion, and grace of the father. We are all prodigal people, but it is only by the grace of our Father that we have been restored to Him and all that He wants to give us. He is a loving, doting Father to all of us who have accepted His ultimate gift of the sacrifice of His Son on the cross to ransom us from our sin. I'm just sayin', I think the story should be called, "The Parable of the Gracious Father."