Home | Forums | Bible | +Width | Subscribe | Member Login

Tuesday, August 22, 2017   9:58:58 PM  

Welcome to The Omega Letter   Daily Briefings Commentary News Room   Contact OL Site Map How Do I?
Testimonials Prophecy Israel Globalism Terror In Defense Around the World War News Witnessing Perspective Commentary

Omega Letter Member Log In

1 Thessalonians  4 : 16
For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first:
Read Today's Proverb - Chapter 22

Why Subscribe?
Subscribe Online   Online
Subscribe By Mail   By mail
Contribute
Public Registration

Forum

Zeteo 3:16 with Alf and Alesia Cengia

THE END THE BOOK THE SERIES: J.L. Robb

Ready Reasons - Wendy Wippel

The End The Book Part 6

Faith Soaps and Love

Bible Prophecy News Christian Current Events

Daily Brief Commentary Contributed Help Forums

Omega Letter - Commentary Discussion

Only a Matter of Time
Posted By: Carolee
4/19/2017 10:15:50 AM

Reverse

Original Commentary Link
7 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ PrayingPraying

Member Comments:

Because I am brought face to face with the magnitude of what Jesus did for me on the cross.
And His love for me. And how very, very little I deserve it.

The joy of the Christian is the joy of his salvation.

It’s not about rote prayers, or rigid doctrine. It's about a relationship with the living God.

Amen!!!

Reply # 1 - ReplyTo ID: 14187

Posted By: TerryReed -
Date: 4/19/2017 10:39:04 AM
6 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ PrayingPraying

Comments: I used to listen to the Bible Answer Man while working out on a Nordic Track. I found that the frustration Hank's answers generated gave me energy for my workout. I listened to Hank as he slid away from a historico-grammatical view of Genesis, and as he pushed his preterism (though he denies being preterist). I have told people over the years, "If one doesn't take the first book of the Bible or the last book of the Bible literally, then it will only be a matter of time till they don't take the middle seriously either since everything in the middle either points back to the early chapters of Genesis, or forward to our future hope outlined in Revelation." May this decision of Hank's work to bring him around to a fuller and better understanding of God's glorious words. Until then, I'm glad that Hank likes to use such high-faluting language on his radio show. I find he does less harm that way because most of the time people don't really know what he's talking about .
Reply # 2 - ReplyTo ID: 14188

Posted By: DavidSchmidt -
Date: 4/19/2017 11:00:08 AM
1 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ PrayingPraying

Comments: Wendy, another typo? Palm Sunday 2016 was March 20. Palm Sunday 2017 was April 9.

Regardless a good and interesting article. I have listened to Hank on a few occasions but found myself irritated so I stopped listening or following. Nice to see that others also had differences with him and I shall pray for Hank.

David Schmidt
Reply # 3 - ReplyTo ID: 14189

Posted By: Alf -
Date: 4/19/2017 11:07:35 AM
2 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ PrayingPraying

Comments: Excellent article, Wendy.

I don't want to bash Hank or judge his salvation. But he doesn't have a great record in discernment. His views on Israel are more than wrong, he's actually participated in anti-Israel activism. And his treatment of Martin's family, D James Kennedy and Tim LaHaye were also questionable.
Reply # 4 - ReplyTo ID: 14190

Posted By: DonaldPalmer -
Date: 4/19/2017 1:09:14 PM

Comments: Regarding a certain radio ministry, I recall years ago when he attacked Chuck Missler.
I had listened to every commentary of every book of the Bible that Chuck had done over the years and also virtually every topical study. As a result, I feel that I know Chuckís heart. I love the man and his ministry. His fruit is very good.I feel he rightly divides the Word of God, and he is a man of humility. On the other hand, I listened occasionally to a certain oneís ministry and I have an opposite estimation of him.
I will never forget when Chuck was being attacked, how he handled it. I donít think he mentioned his attacker by name, but it was obvious to me who he was speaking of.
What Chuck did, was go to Psalms 41: 9-13. You will have to read it from your bible as I am out of space here.
Reply # 5 - ReplyTo ID: 14191

Posted By: RichardMann2016520 -
Date: 4/19/2017 1:21:33 PM

Comments: The spirit of the Antichrist is already here, since the beginning. Sooner or later, they revel themselves. They seem to be coming out in droves these days. Another sign.
Reply # 6 - ReplyTo ID: 14195

Posted By: PamelaSwisher -
Date: 4/19/2017 3:18:15 PM
3 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ PrayingPraying

Comments:

I had an opportunity to listen to Walter Martin live. I was very impressed with him and subscribed to his Christian Reasearch Institute magazine and bought books and tapes of his. When Walter Martin died, Hank Haandegraf took the helm. I was led by the Holy Spirit to drop the subscription although I did not really see why I needed to. With time, Hank has moved more and more away from orthodox positions. I think God was protecting me from his influence.

Reply # 7 - ReplyTo ID: 14197

Posted By: Gracemer -
Date: 4/19/2017 5:42:58 PM
Shout AMEN!Amen ~ PrayingPraying

Comments: I liked the way you handled this article and I really liked that rapture joke. Sounds like Hanegraaff had some real doctrinal issues. I tuned out when I learned he was a preterist and also because I didn't like way he took over after Walter Martin's death. Wasn't it Ron Rhodes that Martin (or his family) wanted to take his place? Anyhow, don't knock Presbyterian Calvinistic 3-point sermons. Some of us get the same charge out of that as you do from your worship service. I loved my church til the pastor retired and they went gay--starting with the new woman preacher.
Reply # 8 - ReplyTo ID: 14200

Posted By: WendyWippel -
Date: 4/20/2017 4:43:28 PM

Comments:

Thanks a bunch for all the great comments!  I also had a pretty good impression of  Walter Martin, although  I can't claim to have followed his ministry closely. 

Persoanlly I just think if you discount Israel upu've missed the entire point. as from Hank's view on eschatology he clearly has.

Thanks very much for readg AND reponding!  BTW-I'll just enter a guilty plea on typos here.  I am more of a big idea then a detail person. Unfortunately. And all of my editors would be glad to commiserate with you! 

Reply # 9 - ReplyTo ID: 14202

Posted By: DavidSchmidt -
Date: 4/20/2017 9:53:32 PM

Comments:

I am just the opposite.  I work to make other people's ideas better!!Cool

David

Reply # 10 - ReplyTo ID: 14209

Posted By: Gracemer -
Date: 4/24/2017 11:05:22 AM
Shout AMEN!Amen ~ PrayingPraying

Comments: Walter Martin has an audio library online. He's famous for his debates with Madeline Murray O'Hare and his appearances on the Long John Neville show can be found on YouTube.