Home | Forums | Bible | +Width | Subscribe | Member Login

Monday, May 29, 2017   6:25:52 PM  

Welcome to The Omega Letter   Daily Briefings Commentary News Room   Contact OL Site Map How Do I?
Testimonials Prophecy Israel Globalism Terror In Defense Around the World War News Witnessing Perspective Commentary

Omega Letter Member Log In

Luke  21 : 28
And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.
Read Today's Proverb - Chapter 29

Why Subscribe?
Subscribe Online   Online
Subscribe By Mail   By mail
Contribute
Public Registration

Forum

Zeteo 3:16 with Alf and Alesia Cengia

The Third Woe Part 6: J.L. Robb

Revelation: Dawn of Global Government

Ready Reasons - Wendy Wippel

Place an advanced order to recieve your signed copy of THE END THE BOOK: Part Four

Faith Soaps and Love

Bible Prophecy News Christian Current Events

Daily Brief Commentary Contributed Help Forums

Omega Letter - Commentary Discussion

Lost in Translation
Posted By: TerryReed
4/12/2017 12:41:59 PM

Reverse

Original Commentary Link
2 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ PrayingPraying

Member Comments:
As a Bible Translator with one of the major Bible Translation Agencies, I enjoyed this briefing. Despite the onset of the Internet, TV, Radio and cell phones, today over 2,000 languages (out of nearly 7,000) still have no Scripture in their language, though that represents only about 180,000,000 people out of over 7,000,000,000. I'm thankful for men like Tyndale and missionaries around the world that make the sacrifices necessary to see the Word of God in the language of every man, woman and child on the planet.
On another thought, I have wondered about Exodus 31:17 that says that God rested on the seventh day and was refreshed. It certainly gives the impression that God was resting after exerting Himself though the testimony of Scripture tells us that God is not a man that gets tired. Interesting to ponder!
Reply # 1 - ReplyTo ID: 14173

Posted By: BrittneyGunter -
Date: 4/15/2017 7:53:43 AM
1 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ PrayingPraying

Comments:

I cannot give this article enough Amens!  Particulary, your explanation of time.

God exists outside the boundaries of time, as the Everlasting One.  He chooses to work within the framework of time, however, He is not constrained by our 24 hour days. Instead, God counts His days according to evenings and mornings.  Once man is placed in the garden of Eden, a reference point for time is created and the evenings and mornings are now defined for mankind.  He can look to the sun, moon, and stars to understand the counting of God's predetermined days, times, and seasons. 

For God, One evening + one morning = one day 

It makes me wonder if this has some significance to the prophecy in Danial Chapter 8:

"And he said to me, "For 2,300 evenings and mornings.  Then the sanctuary shall be restored to its rightful state...The vision of the evenings and the mornings that has been told is true, but seal up the vision, for it refers to many days from now." Dan 8:14;26

Reply # 2 - ReplyTo ID: 14174

Posted By: Carolee -
Date: 4/15/2017 12:14:40 PM
1 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ PrayingPraying

Comments:

"What this means is that when those six days were done, the entire universe was contained within them. All the natural laws of creation had been and were in force. They were in force because they were created by Jehovah, the Creator God, who was finished creating!"

This also ties in with and explains Ecclesiastes 1:9 . . .

The thing that hath been, it is that which shall be; and that which is done is that which shall be done:
and there is no new thing under the sun.

Reply # 3 - ReplyTo ID: 14177

Posted By: Linda Ihinger -
Date: 4/17/2017 6:12:01 PM
Shout AMEN!Amen ~ PrayingPraying

Comments: Excellent! Enlightening and enjoyed it very much!