Home | Forums | Bible | +Width | Subscribe | Member Login

Friday, October 20, 2017   11:53:06 AM  

Welcome to The Omega Letter   Daily Briefings Commentary News Room   Contact OL Site Map How Do I?
Testimonials Prophecy Israel Globalism Terror In Defense Around the World War News Witnessing Perspective Commentary

Omega Letter Member Log In

2 Timothy  3 : 5
Having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof: from such turn away.
Read Today's Proverb - Chapter 20

Why Subscribe?
Subscribe Online   Online
Subscribe By Mail   By mail
Contribute
Public Registration

Forum

Zeteo 3:16 with Alf and Alesia Cengia

THE END THE BOOK THE SERIES: J.L. Robb

Ready Reasons - Wendy Wippel

The End The Book Part 6

Faith Soaps and Love

Bible Prophecy News Christian Current Events

Daily Brief Commentary Contributed Help Forums

Omega Letter - Commentary Discussion

EASTER: Fact or Fiction?
Posted By: ElizabethM
4/11/2017 9:06:53 AM

Reverse

Original Commentary Link
7 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ PrayingPraying

Member Comments:
Welcome Brittney! Your article was a blessing for me. I hope this is the first of many.
Reply # 1 - ReplyTo ID: 14156

Posted By: Gracemer -
Date: 4/11/2017 12:27:10 PM
3 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ PrayingPraying

Comments: Welcome Brittney. You put a lot of work into this article and I appreciate that. However, your reckoning is off. Jesus died (during the day) and was buried (before sundown) on Passover (a Thursday), the 14th, in keeping with God's set times (and that fulfilled the first night and it counts even though it was not a full 24 hours). He rose after sundown on Saturday which began Firstfruits and all the gospels will tell you the tomb was empty Sunday. I'm not telling anyone what day to celebrate, but when we stick to scripture, no matter where it leads us, it makes sense. Here's an easy to understand article by Jack Kelley that should resolve confusion on this issue. https://gracethrufaith.com/topical-studies/holidays-and-holy-days/solving-the-three-day-three-night-mystery/
Reply # 2 - ReplyTo ID: 14157

Posted By: BrittneyGunter -
Date: 4/11/2017 1:40:29 PM
1 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ PrayingPraying

Comments:

Hi!  Thank you for your kind words.  I did put alot of time into this article.  Three years, actually.  I understand all the various accounts to reckon the days and I fully understand that mainstream thought agrees that Jesus died on the day the passover lambs were slaughtered...some even suggest at the exact time the passover lambs were slaughtered.

However, my thorough examination of the scriptures don't line up with that explanation.  Both Mark 14:12 and Luke 22:7 indicate Jesus is alive on the day the Passover lambs were sacrificed and that he also had the last supper with his disciples that same evening, being arrested and crucified the following day.  He cannot both be alive and dead on the day the Passover lambs are slaughtered.  I am sure you would agree with that statement.

So the question to answer, were the lambs slaughtered on Nisan 13th to allow Jesus to die on the 14th of Nisan?  Or were the lambs slaughtered on Nisan the 14th like the law of Moses required and Jesus die on Nisan 15? My conclusion is the latter.  

I have a study that I wrote that will walk you through my reasoning very thoroughly. It's not terribly tedious, but its about 50 pages.  It will walk you through my entire thought process and the scripture references I feel back it up. I am happy to make that available to anyone who is willing to go behind me and check my work.  Just shoot me a request to brittney.lee94@yahoo.com  (Actually, that is what I am hoping to glean by posting this article on your community site.  The people here are brilliant and have the interest it takes to look at this with a critical eye for understanding.)

Thanks again for this opportunity!

Reply # 3 - ReplyTo ID: 14158

Posted By: GaleWare -
Date: 4/11/2017 3:02:36 PM

Comments: She is basing her theory on the present secular calendar which is incorrect. You have to look at the Jewish calendar and you will find the three days and three nights are correct.
Gale
Reply # 4 - ReplyTo ID: 14159

Date: 4/11/2017 3:50:15 PM
Shout AMEN!Amen ~ PrayingPraying

Comments:

Thank you for your reply!

However, I wanted to clarify that I am not basing my theory on the secular, or the Julian, calendar. 

Jewish calendar days actually overlap on Julian calendar days since they begin and end with sunset.  In contrast, Julian calendar days end and begin at midnight.  This can cause great confusion for most people trying to assemble an Easter timeline.

To follow with the two scriptures I had previously mentioned (Mark 14:12; Luke 22:7), let me also add Matthew 26:17: Now on the first day of Unleavened Bread the disciples came to Jesus, saying, 'Where would you have us prepare for you to eat the Passover?' These 3 scriptures all occur on the same Julian calendar day.  But as we know, Jewish days would overlap, meaning two different Jewish calendar days would have to occur on this one Julian calendar day.

This day would be a Thursday on the Julian calendar, but by Jewish calendar it would be the days of N14/15.  According to Jewish law the lamb had to be slaughtered on N14 and eaten that same evening with unleavened bread. The first day of unleavened bread began at sunset on N14 (which is actually the beginning of N15). These two Jewish days occur on one calendar day which is the day Jesus celebrated the last supper with his disciples.

I have a more thorough explanation in my study with diagrams that speak to the difference between the two calendars and have a visual that is quite helpful.  It is not a published work or anything I am trying to pan off on anyone, but I do believe you will find it worth your time and I would appreciate the feedback.

ETA: And I also agree with you wholeheartedly that the 3 days and 3 nights are accurate, as stated in my original article.

Reply # 5 - ReplyTo ID: 14160

Posted By: Gracemer -
Date: 4/11/2017 4:28:13 PM

Comments: Brittney, yes I do think that Jesus ate the Pesach, and was crucified and buried all on the 14th. But I am interested in seeing your research. I'll send you an email.
Reply # 6 - ReplyTo ID: 14161

Date: 4/11/2017 5:31:54 PM

Comments:

Just sent!  Thank you so much!  I really do appreciate the conversation and any feedback, even if we don't agree.

As a side note, I just wanted to point out today is actually Nisan 15 according to the Jewish calendar.  I think it's interesting we are discussing this very time frame at the moment.  That was not planned either.

Reply # 7 - ReplyTo ID: 14162

Posted By: Corin Keiler-Lloyd -
Date: 4/11/2017 5:50:36 PM

Comments: It's simpler than this. The belly of the earth and the belly of the great fish signify the Powers of the time. Nineveh worshipped a fish goddess. Jesus told those who arrested him that this was their hour. Luke 22:53. Thursday evening, Friday morning, Friday evening, Saturday morning, Saturday evening, Sunday morning , Three days, Three nights. Crucified on Friday, rose on the third day, Sunday. No contradiction when you let scripture interpret scripture.
Reply # 8 - ReplyTo ID: 14163

Posted By: pete -
Date: 4/12/2017 12:08:06 AM
2 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ PrayingPraying

Comments: Welcome Brittney!
Reply # 9 - ReplyTo ID: 14164

Date: 4/12/2017 6:59:25 AM

Comments:

A Thursday cruxifixion allows for too many days.  There would be 4 days and nights instead of 3.  

Picture the earth from God's view point.  If you were looking down on the Earth with the sun and the moon in view, you would notice that half the earth is illuminated and half is not.  This day and evening pattern makes one complete day from God's view point.  

As the earth rotates, any one point on the earth will move out of this illuminated area, into darkness, and back into the illuminated area.  A new calendar day will begin at sunset in Israel.  As the location of Israel moves from the illuminated side of the earth to the darkened side of the earth, a new Jewish calendar day is experienced for the entire earth.

That means that on Friday, when Jesus was crucified during the sacred assembly, the entire earth experienced the Jewish calendar of Nisan 15.  On Saturday, the weekly saturday sabbath and the high holy day of Chol Ha-moed Pesach, the entire earth experienced the Jewish calendar day of Nisan 16.  And on Sunday, the morning of the resurrection, the entire earth experienced God's calendar day of Nisan 17.

Remember, the Jewish calendar is God's calendar designed from the creation of the world.  One evening, one morning...one calendar day.  Evening occurs before morning.

It is also interesting to note that an earthquake occurs at both the time Jesus dies and the time he is resurrected. 

I have created a visual illustration tool.  

http://www.omegaletter.com/forums/memberfiles/16042/signofjonah.png

Reply # 10 - ReplyTo ID: 14166

Posted By: Bernieol -
Date: 4/13/2017 6:20:43 PM

Comments:

Weclome Brittaney and thank you for an insightful article! I have read quite a bit about the timing and you nailed it according to my understanding.

The timing is interesting and it is an engaging story. The good news is that despite all conjecture on the timing...we still win via Jesus' death and resurrection.

Looking forward to more interesting articles.

He is risen! Bernie

Reply # 11 - ReplyTo ID: 14169

Posted By: ShelleyB -
Date: 4/14/2017 12:23:12 PM
2 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ PrayingPraying

Comments: Your explanation rings true with me. The diagram helped a lot. As they say, "A picture is worth a thousand words." No disrespect intended to your article of (perhaps) a thousand words. :o)
Welcome and God Bless! Looking forward to more articles from you! He is Risen and Maranatha!!!
Reply # 12 - ReplyTo ID: 14171

Date: 4/15/2017 7:18:46 AM

Comments:

Thank you and Amen!

Reply # 13 - ReplyTo ID: 14172

Date: 4/15/2017 7:20:59 AM

Comments:

No offense taken at all!