Home | Forums | Bible | +Width | Subscribe | Member Login

Monday, November 20, 2017   10:30:02 AM  

Welcome to The Omega Letter   Daily Briefings Commentary News Room   Contact OL Site Map How Do I?
Testimonials Prophecy Israel Globalism Terror In Defense Around the World War News Witnessing Perspective Commentary

Omega Letter Member Log In

Matthew  25 : 13
Watch therefore, for ye know neither the day nor the hour wherein the Son of man cometh.
Read Today's Proverb - Chapter 20

Why Subscribe?
Subscribe Online   Online
Subscribe By Mail   By mail
Contribute
Public Registration

Forum

Zeteo 3:16 with Alf and Alesia Cengia

THE END THE BOOK THE SERIES: J.L. Robb

Ready Reasons - Wendy Wippel

The End The Book Part 6

Faith Soaps and Love

Bible Prophecy News Christian Current Events

Daily Brief Commentary Contributed Help Forums

Omega Letter - Commentary Discussion

England Swings
Posted By: Corin Keiler-Lloyd
11/16/2016 10:11:07 AM

Reverse

Original Commentary Link
Shout AMEN!Amen ~ PrayingPraying

Member Comments:
Dear Wendy, you have completely misunderstood the structure of the Church of England. I write as the Lay Chair of one of the many Deaneries of the Church. A deanery is one stage up from a Parish and two stage down from a diocese. The monarch is, and alsways has been from Henry VIII's time, the Supreme Governor of the Church of England. This is not a priestly function. The Queen is NOT a high priest and neither is anybody else. The reilgious governance of the C of E is done by the deanery, diocesan and General Synods. There are two Houses at all levels (Laity and Clergy). The Archbishops are not mini-popes. The Pope is a monarch, none of the Anglican Clergy are monarchs as that role belongs to the Queen.

You saw a lot of the South, but not much of the Midlands and the North. It is there where the spiritual roots of Christianity are to be found. In the North, Iona, Durham and Lindisfarne stand out. It the Midlands it is Lichfield and St. Chad.

Reply # 1 - ReplyTo ID: 13909

Posted By: Gracemer -
Date: 11/17/2016 10:46:35 AM
4 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ PrayingPraying

Comments: The history of Lattimer and Ridley never fails to bring me to tears. Some of the very best preachers of the Word came from England, Scotland and Wales. I read their works often. If England won't hear its own evangelists, I can't imagine they're going to listen to Americans, just as I can't imagine America repenting because some Brits came to New York preaching the Word. Couldn't hurt, but just sayin...I wouldn't get my hopes up too high. We've got enough unsaved right here in the U.S. to keep us busy until He comes. Maybe we would do better evangelizing a place that has never heard the gospel.
Reply # 2 - ReplyTo ID: 13908

Posted By: DonaldPalmer -
Date: 11/16/2016 1:10:09 PM
2 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ PrayingPraying

Comments: Hi Wendy,
As the tour of the British Museum/Biblical Apologetics was encouraging and confirmed the historical Biblical veracity, so too does the unfortunate falling away that you can so easily see confirm the prophetic veracity of the Bible. It is sad to see London becoming Londonistan, but The Bible is TRUE and it is encouraging to see prophecy that shows we are getting closer.... and yes, if you want to head a mission trip to the UK, sign me and my wife up!
Reply # 3 - ReplyTo ID: 13907

Posted By: ShelleyMessenger -
Date: 11/16/2016 11:46:27 AM
2 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ PrayingPraying

Comments:

Sounds like you had a very interesting and exciting time in England, Wendy.  I was thinking as I read, that America is right behind England in so much of what you wrote about.  Both sad.  And even more so, because the Lord is undoubtedly coming back soon and there are so many that are asleep or don't know Him.

Glad you had a safe and very special trip.

Reply # 4 - ReplyTo ID: 13906

Posted By: Corin Keiler-Lloyd -
Date: 11/16/2016 10:15:08 AM
1 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ PrayingPraying

Comments: This is our heritage and our calling, to preserve and promote the gospel. Our story is not over. You will hear from Britain again and marvel at what the Lord has done.

Reply # 5 - ReplyTo ID: 13905

Date: 11/16/2016 10:13:04 AM

Comments: On the 16th of October 1555 he and Ridley were led to the stake at Oxford. Never was man more free than Latimer from the taint of fanaticism or less dominated by "vainglory," but the motives which now inspired his courage not only placed him beyond the influence of fear, but enabled him to taste in dying an ineffable thrill of victorious achievement. Ridley he greeted with the words, "Be of good comfort, Master Ridley, and play the man; we shall this day light such a candle by God's grace in England as (I trust) shall never be put out."
He "received the flame as it were embracing it. After he had stroked his face with his hands, and (as it were) bathed them a little in the fire, he soon died (as it appeared) with very little pain or none."

Reply # 6 - ReplyTo ID: 13904

Date: 11/16/2016 10:12:42 AM

Comments: I recently attended a conference/retreat of Christians from all over the Midlands to pray about and discern what God is doing. Our God is a God of resurrection. His work in Britain is by no means finished. The light that was lit by the Celtic saints and kings (sometims one and the same) and fueld by the blood of the reformatioon martyrs (Ridley, Latimer and others) is one that will never be put out.