Home | Forums | Bible | +Width | Subscribe | Member Login

Friday, November 24, 2017   7:09:32 PM  

Welcome to The Omega Letter   Daily Briefings Commentary News Room   Contact OL Site Map How Do I?
Testimonials Prophecy Israel Globalism Terror In Defense Around the World War News Witnessing Perspective Commentary

Omega Letter Member Log In

Zephaniah  3 : 9
For then will I turn to the people a pure language, that they may all call upon the name of the LORD, to serve him with one consent.
Read Today's Proverb - Chapter 24

Why Subscribe?
Subscribe Online   Online
Subscribe By Mail   By mail
Contribute
Public Registration

Forum

Zeteo 3:16 with Alf and Alesia Cengia

THE END THE BOOK THE SERIES: J.L. Robb

Ready Reasons - Wendy Wippel

The End The Book Part 6

Faith Soaps and Love

Bible Prophecy News Christian Current Events

Daily Brief Commentary Contributed Help Forums

Omega Letter - Commentary Discussion

The Devil as a Roaring Lion
Posted By: Gracemer
10/14/2016 10:29:07 AM

Reverse

Original Commentary Link
1 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ PrayingPraying

Member Comments:
Alf, I'm so sorry to hear that! Lloyd John Ogilvie once related a 3 am experience where a crushing weight descended on his chest, suffocating him. He couldn't even speak, but thought "Jesus!" and it stopped. I believe everything you related to be true, but you left one out. Curses. We witness, sometimes unwittingly, to enemies who are servants of Satan who pray against us. I have some personal experience with oppression, but won't relate it here. Hal Lindsey marks passages in his Bible and when he is overwhelmed even to the point of being unable to pray, he opens his Bible to those and points at them and looks to heaven. I, too, do this. My enemy is fear of losing loved ones.
Reply # 1 - ReplyTo ID: 13841

Posted By: Carolee -
Date: 10/17/2016 3:21:29 PM

Comments:

Back in the 60's or 70's I read Invisible War by Donald Grey Barnhouse (wow . . . just realized that was around 50 years ago).  It's still readily available http://christianbook.com/invisible-war-the-donald-barnhouse/9780310204817/pd/020481X#customer_reviews among other places and it was a blockbuster long before the term was being widely used!!!

Reply # 2 - ReplyTo ID: 13840

Posted By: DonnaRussell -
Date: 10/17/2016 2:45:00 PM
1 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 2 PrayingPraying

Comments: Thank you Alf, for a great article. My husand sometimes goes through bouts of deep depression - I've even referred to them as "funks"! A very sobering reminder to pray for him when they hit!
Reply # 3 - ReplyTo ID: 13835

Posted By: Corin Keiler-Lloyd -
Date: 10/16/2016 8:11:52 PM
1 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 2 PrayingPraying

Comments: "We should also seek to join with our brothers and sisters in weekly prayer meetings. It is better to do battle as a team than alone, especially during these challenging times."

Amen, brother, amen.

Reply # 4 - ReplyTo ID: 13832

Posted By: Anton -
Date: 10/15/2016 4:37:31 AM
3 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ PrayingPraying

Comments:

Thanks Michael,I do most of my spiritual warfare at night.Stronger is He who in me than he that is of the world.I don't watch ANY movies anymore,rather listen to good music.Thanks for the support!

Anton.

Reply # 5 - ReplyTo ID: 13831

Posted By: Michael -
Date: 10/14/2016 9:07:45 PM
1 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 3 PrayingPraying

Comments:

Anton - 

I too, suffer from depression.  I can recall my first nightmare at around age 3, and I believe that generational curses are quite real.  I've been troubled with nightmares and dreams of vicious and violent content all of my life.  

A few months ago, my daughter gave me an iPad.  As an experiment, I began using "ear-buds" and the iPad when I go to bed.  I either have Christian radio (Bible Broadcasting Network) or an audible Bible program reading to me while I sleep.  Having the Word piped into my head has given me a release.  The dreams have stopped for the first time in my adult life.  God's Word gives me peace.  Even as I sleep.

Reply # 6 - ReplyTo ID: 13830

Posted By: Greg S/CG -
Date: 10/14/2016 5:17:03 PM
1 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 1 PrayingPraying

Comments:

I have had the visitation at three in the morning, Nothing I could see but I could sense I wasnt alone and praying ended it like flipping a switch. Its only happened once like that. There are a few instances that I cant for sure say was demonic. Still prayer always straightens these things out.    I have had several others im close to ask me if I have experienced this. Enough that I believe this is happening more and more these days. 

Praying to Jesus is the key, 

Greg

Reply # 7 - ReplyTo ID: 13829

Posted By: Anton -
Date: 10/14/2016 10:32:46 AM
Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 5 PrayingPraying

Comments:

Thanks Alf!I suffer from depression so I can relate. Scary though. I get bad and vivid dreams every night.
Anton.

Reply # 8 - ReplyTo ID: 13828

Posted By: Gracemer -
Date: 10/14/2016 10:32:18 AM

Comments: As for turning the lights out on Halloween, you miss the opportunity of passing out tracts with candy. I loaded up on them...and the trick or treaters stopped coming by as if by magic. Never got to pass out a one, but I'm ready every year nevertheless.