Home | Forums | Bible | +Width | Subscribe | Member Login

Monday, November 20, 2017   7:14:28 PM  

Welcome to The Omega Letter   Daily Briefings Commentary News Room   Contact OL Site Map How Do I?
Testimonials Prophecy Israel Globalism Terror In Defense Around the World War News Witnessing Perspective Commentary

Omega Letter Member Log In

Luke  21 : 17
And ye shall be hated of all men for my name's sake.
Read Today's Proverb - Chapter 20

Why Subscribe?
Subscribe Online   Online
Subscribe By Mail   By mail
Contribute
Public Registration

Forum

Zeteo 3:16 with Alf and Alesia Cengia

THE END THE BOOK THE SERIES: J.L. Robb

Ready Reasons - Wendy Wippel

The End The Book Part 6

Faith Soaps and Love

Bible Prophecy News Christian Current Events

Daily Brief Commentary Contributed Help Forums

Omega Letter - Commentary Discussion

MegaPastors and MegaChurches
Posted By: TrudyBooker
8/11/2016 9:38:51 AM

Reverse

Original Commentary Link
3 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ PrayingPraying

Member Comments:
I have wondered about the mega rich preachers! I don't think God likes this at all. We live in a rural area, and attend a small church ( around 125 people) 12 miles from home.Our preacher does not receive a large salary. I truly belief he is a man of Gods calling.
Thanks Jerry for the article!!!
Reply # 1 - ReplyTo ID: 13671

Posted By: Anton -
Date: 8/11/2016 11:47:41 AM
4 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ PrayingPraying

Comments:

My sentiments exactly,Jerry.Even so,Come,Lord Jesus.

Anton.

Reply # 2 - ReplyTo ID: 13673

Posted By: Gracemer -
Date: 8/11/2016 1:44:21 PM
3 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ PrayingPraying

Comments: A good start, Jerry, but we should all look further into the issue of Christian tithing. You won't find it in the NT as a command to the followers of Christ--not once. In the OT only landowners owed a tithe, it had to be a product of the land (cattle, produce), and could only be received by the Levites (who didn't get a land grant). Wage earners did not tithe and Jesus didn't tithe and neither did the apostles, because they didn't derive their livelihoods from the land. Osteen should receive $0 for his lame watered down preaching. Frank Viola in "Pagan Christianity" does a good job in explaining how this practice entered the church. But L. Ray Smith is even better: http://www.bible-truths.com/tithing.html. I hope everyone will take time to read that article. It's all based on scripture.
Reply # 3 - ReplyTo ID: 13674

Posted By: MichaelMerola -
Date: 8/11/2016 9:35:45 PM
4 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ PrayingPraying

Comments: In regards to Gracemer, I agree 100% on the tithing issue. I am absolutely 100% in favor of giving from the heart, but it seems extremely legalistic to absolutely INSIST on the old 10% or you ain't a real Christian. Face it...we are not Jews(no offense meant at all...we just are not, or I would have to start attending temple, abstaining from shellfish and pork, etc.) In regards to my old buddy Joel, Mr. Jerry, do you have the same problem I have whenever I see this guy? Namely, profuse nausea and an almost uncontrollable urge to smash my tv. This guy disgusts me to no end, but the lemmings continue to follow his lead and jump off the cliff. Go figure.
Reply # 4 - ReplyTo ID: 13675

Posted By: Carolee -
Date: 8/12/2016 8:31:05 AM
2 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ PrayingPraying

Comments:

Couldn't agree more with "The church was not intended to be Entertainment Tonight or TMZ."!!!  However only agree with "It was intended to be a place where people that had little time for home study could learn about the Word of God." up to a rather small point!!!  To me . . . church (like OL) should be a loving "family" place where like minded believers can gather together, support and fellowship together!!!

In other words . . . church (preferably a small one where everyone knows who everyone else is) should be the place to go for what isn't available anywhere else i.e. Holy Spirit inspired teaching and preaching of God's Word and genuine Christian comradeship!!!

Reply # 5 - ReplyTo ID: 13679

Posted By: Martha E -
Date: 8/12/2016 1:52:34 PM
1 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ PrayingPraying

Comments:

they are fleecing the flock and will answer for it. the lord meets our need not our greed.