Home | Forums | Bible | +Width | Subscribe | Member Login

Monday, November 20, 2017   10:28:24 AM  

Welcome to The Omega Letter   Daily Briefings Commentary News Room   Contact OL Site Map How Do I?
Testimonials Prophecy Israel Globalism Terror In Defense Around the World War News Witnessing Perspective Commentary

Omega Letter Member Log In

Ephesians  2 : 8
For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:
Read Today's Proverb - Chapter 20

Why Subscribe?
Subscribe Online   Online
Subscribe By Mail   By mail
Contribute
Public Registration

Forum

Zeteo 3:16 with Alf and Alesia Cengia

THE END THE BOOK THE SERIES: J.L. Robb

Ready Reasons - Wendy Wippel

The End The Book Part 6

Faith Soaps and Love

Bible Prophecy News Christian Current Events

Daily Brief Commentary Contributed Help Forums

Omega Letter - Commentary Discussion

Flawless and Lawless
Posted By: Gracemer
4/7/2016 9:54:41 AM

Reverse

Original Commentary Link
4 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ PrayingPraying

Member Comments:
Loved it!
Reply # 1 - ReplyTo ID: 13432

Posted By: JudithShell -
Date: 4/7/2016 10:17:15 AM
5 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ PrayingPraying

Comments: Great article Jerry. I told a friend once that thought they weren't saved anymore because they failed in their behavior, 'before you were saved you didn't care, now after your saved you do'.
Reply # 2 - ReplyTo ID: 13433

Posted By: Kerry -
Date: 4/7/2016 1:05:47 PM
4 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ PrayingPraying

Comments:

Great article Jerry! I, too, was flawless and brilliant at twenty years of age! I was even a Christian at that time and read my Bible daily. However, I wasn't as flawed as the next guy so I was fine. God grades on the curve, right? Doesn't he just overlook some sins that aren't that big of deal? Ooops. That and those dumb Jews. Why did Moses have to keep reminding them how God saved them time and time again? Did they forget? Then I examined my own life and found I was dumber than the dumb Jews Frown

So, like all of us here on the OL, I'm now not so flawless and decidely less brilliant. *Sigh*

Reply # 3 - ReplyTo ID: 13434

Posted By: MichaelMerola -
Date: 4/7/2016 9:15:49 PM
5 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 1 PrayingPraying

Comments: Seriously...can we go home now? There ain't NO WAY this world is going to be saved or even remotely WANTS to be saved. I know, I know...we are supposed to occupy until He arrives, but occupying until He arrives is starting to be similar to trying to sell ice cubes to Eskimos...whats the point?
Reply # 4 - ReplyTo ID: 13435

Posted By: JLRobb -
Date: 4/9/2016 9:51:57 AM
Shout AMEN!Amen ~ PrayingPraying

Comments:

Thanks Grace.

Reply # 5 - ReplyTo ID: 13436

Date: 4/9/2016 9:53:10 AM
2 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ PrayingPraying

Comments:

It is interesting that so many unbelievers think that Christians believer we are flawless. Quite the opposite. We ow recognize them. Thanks Judith.

Reply # 6 - ReplyTo ID: 13437

Date: 4/9/2016 9:55:41 AM
Shout AMEN!Amen ~ PrayingPraying

Comments:

Wow! Maybe we are twins! Your comment is interesting. When I first read the Bible from front to back, I was amazed at the Jews, that the more God did for them, the more they backslid. Over the years I have discovered that I do the same, and I think any group would. It is especially difficult to be chosen I think and held to a higher standard. Thanks for commenting.

Reply # 7 - ReplyTo ID: 13438

Date: 4/9/2016 9:58:30 AM
Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 3 PrayingPraying

Comments:

Sometimes I do feel helpless as I watch the changes, not in America but the whole world. Russia is putting Bibles in the schools while the West is beginning to persecute Bible believers. Everything is topsy-turvy, like the Bible said it would be. I think mankind has been topsy-turvy since the Garden of Eden expulsion. 

Reply # 8 - ReplyTo ID: 13439

Posted By: Paula -
Date: 4/9/2016 5:42:05 PM
5 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ PrayingPraying

Comments:

Great article Jerry!

I remember how shocked I was when I found out that abortions are legal and happen in Israel.  I just assumed they wouldn't do such a thing.  But they are fallen human beings like the rest of us.  I think if Vets aborted unwanted puppies and kittens the way "doctors" abort little babies, there would be riots in the streets.  Then people would recognize the cruelty of it.  It is just the worst sin of all I think.  But forgiven by the Blood of Jesus Christ.  It is hard to remember that sometimes, you just want to go shake people and make them stop it.

I so agree, once we are saved we realize our flaws are a lot worse than we thought!  Which just makes our Saviour that much more wonderful!

Reply # 9 - ReplyTo ID: 13441

Date: 4/11/2016 8:29:40 AM
2 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ PrayingPraying

Comments:

Thank you Paula. I believe that God's patience is wearing thin and probably abortion and the push for all things "gay" has a lot to do with it. The story does have a happy ending though, thankfully.