Home | Forums | Bible | +Width | Subscribe | Member Login

Monday, November 20, 2017   10:31:19 AM  

Welcome to The Omega Letter   Daily Briefings Commentary News Room   Contact OL Site Map How Do I?
Testimonials Prophecy Israel Globalism Terror In Defense Around the World War News Witnessing Perspective Commentary

Omega Letter Member Log In

1 Thessalonians  4 : 16
For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first:
Read Today's Proverb - Chapter 20

Why Subscribe?
Subscribe Online   Online
Subscribe By Mail   By mail
Contribute
Public Registration

Forum

Zeteo 3:16 with Alf and Alesia Cengia

THE END THE BOOK THE SERIES: J.L. Robb

Ready Reasons - Wendy Wippel

The End The Book Part 6

Faith Soaps and Love

Bible Prophecy News Christian Current Events

Daily Brief Commentary Contributed Help Forums

Omega Letter - Commentary Discussion

Watching and Waiting
Posted By: JudithShell
1/11/2016 10:18:47 AM

Reverse

Original Commentary Link
8 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 1 PrayingPraying

Member Comments:
Thanks Pete for your encouraging words, and I have been discouraged lately as I have personally been dealing with these naysayers and false eschatology teachings. Keep it coming for us who believe.

Reply # 1 - ReplyTo ID: 13279

Posted By: ShelleyB -
Date: 1/12/2016 3:43:01 PM
3 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 1 PrayingPraying

Comments:

What a great article, Pete. I just read Todd's Nearing Midnight article at Rapture Ready and he said the traffic on the prophetic sites is really down - that it hasn't been this down since 2008 and is surprising considering all that is going on.

I can sort of understand it. Sometimes, watching the news has been hard since it is so dark out there and I expected to be out of here by now. I had a very real dream not quite a week ago. I was packing my bags, like to go on a trip when it starting getting dark in the house. I was done, so I grabbed my bags and had to feel my way to the door since everything was pitch black. I thought it would be light outside, but I could not see my hand in front of my face. When I described the dream to a friend she asked if I was scared. I said no, that I thought to myself, "I can't see, but He can see me and He promised He would come. So, I will just stand still and wait here for Him."
I pray when He comes He finds me waiting faithfully, as well as doing all the other things you mentioned in your last paragraph. Still it can be so hard waiting. Even so…
Thanks again, Pete! Praying for you!

Reply # 2 - ReplyTo ID: 13276

Posted By: MichaelMerola -
Date: 1/11/2016 9:33:25 PM
1 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ PrayingPraying

Comments: Pete, in a nutshell you are dead-on...the VAST majority of "believers" DON'T want to see Jesus come back now, regardless how much they drone on and on in 4-5 word "songs" every Sunday about how much they love God and Jesus and the Holy Spirit and coffeetime after service is over. Gimmee a break...they want Jesus coming back now about as much as they want a root-canal. That would mess up their "ministries" and their "opportunities" of winning souls for their eternal brownie-point notebooks. Do they REALLY believe The Lord is actually fooled by their self-righteousness and phoney piety? He can't come back soon enough...in spite of most of the Continental U.S. convinced they will win the 1.5billion Lottery. After all, think how much good they can do with that.
Reply # 3 - ReplyTo ID: 13275

Posted By: KathyPrice -
Date: 1/11/2016 4:48:59 PM
6 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ PrayingPraying

Comments: Thanks, Pete! Your articles are an encouragement. Since I don't have anyone around me who likes to talk about prophecy and end times, I rely on on trusted teachers such as you and up others for my fellowship in this area. Funny, just last week, in response to a comment I stated about end times, that person made the same type of comment you stated about 100 years ago, people thought it was the end times.
Reply # 4 - ReplyTo ID: 13274

Posted By: Greg S/CG -
Date: 1/11/2016 1:43:13 PM
6 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 2 PrayingPraying

Comments:

Thanks Pete for this post it strengthens our resolve. For 50 years I have been aware of Christs eminent return. Today Im tired of waiting, But my belief he is coming has not waned. It looks if my health holds up I could see his return. I could be wrong of course but it seems impossible based on things on the ground that it could take another 20 years, But  20 years ago we thought the same thing so 20 more years is possible. I sure hope not, The good news is Jesus coming today is just as possible. It really is. The Jews are actively looking for there messiah they believe he is alive in the world. For all my 50 years of speculating on Christ return the Jews actively looking for there Messiah was never on the table. The Jews opinion on there messiah has always been he will come someday. But not today.  Now its completely different. Those who are looking believe he is out there today they just have to find him. Who they find wont be Jesus. So this gives us another hint of the times we are living. We just need to hang in there Jesus will be here soon.