Home | Forums | Bible | +Width | Subscribe | Member Login

Thursday, November 23, 2017   10:38:34 PM  

Welcome to The Omega Letter   Daily Briefings Commentary News Room   Contact OL Site Map How Do I?
Testimonials Prophecy Israel Globalism Terror In Defense Around the World War News Witnessing Perspective Commentary

Omega Letter Member Log In

Revelation  1 : 8
I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the ending, saith the Lord, which is, and which was, and which is to come, the Almighty.
Read Today's Proverb - Chapter 23

Why Subscribe?
Subscribe Online   Online
Subscribe By Mail   By mail
Contribute
Public Registration

Forum

Zeteo 3:16 with Alf and Alesia Cengia

THE END THE BOOK THE SERIES: J.L. Robb

Ready Reasons - Wendy Wippel

The End The Book Part 6

Faith Soaps and Love

Bible Prophecy News Christian Current Events

Daily Brief Commentary Contributed Help Forums

Omega Letter - Commentary Discussion

The First Francis (And the Second)
Posted By: Kerry
4/14/2015 11:19:16 AM

Reverse

Original Commentary Link
54 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 46 PrayingPraying

Member Comments:
Excellent Wendy! The simplicity of how we get to heaven is just too much for some people. Ok, most (or at least too many) people:

Matthew 7:14 Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.
Reply # 1 - ReplyTo ID: 12520

Posted By: MichaelMerola -
Date: 4/14/2015 8:46:27 PM
46 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 44 PrayingPraying

Comments: Yet ANOTHER example of why the Catholic church lost me a LLLLLOOOOOOONNNNNNGGGGGG time ago.
Reply # 2 - ReplyTo ID: 12523

Posted By: WendyWippel -
Date: 4/15/2015 9:22:47 AM
17 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 16 PrayingPraying

Comments:

Thanks guys.  Italy was so incredible--art, history, amazing gelato, and beautiful but it was oppressive spiritually in a way i would have a hard time explaining.  And what's in the  Vatican museum could pay off our national debt.  thanks for checking in!

Reply # 3 - ReplyTo ID: 12525

Posted By: LindaM -
Date: 4/15/2015 6:07:15 PM
15 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 13 PrayingPraying

Comments:

Hi Wendy!

My sister and I (half Italian, on Mom's side) have spoken of how we would like to visit our heritage country, checking out where Grandma was from...sorry about the grammar structure.  You see how my mind thinks quickly;)  It's interesting that you brought up the spiritual atmosphere there, sad as it was to hear.  But then, look what religion is ensconced there.  My feelings go along with Michael's for sure.  (Though I praise and thank The LORD for all of the Scripure that I learned from hearing it in the Mass 6 of the 7 days a week we attended Mass.  I LOVE Romans 8:28 at work in our lives!)

During Pope Francis' being presented upon being appointed the next Pope, I was drawn to his facial expression.  It startled me.  He looked scary, dark, pensive.  Who else noticed that I wonder?  The folks down below in St.Peter's Square might have been too far away to notice, but television got a "close-up".  I felt fore-warned.

Thank you so much, Wendy, for the comparison between the two "Francis'".  Works is definitely the devil's "trick"...from the Garden until "it's over". 

Shalom!

Reply # 4 - ReplyTo ID: 12529

Posted By: WendyWippel -
Date: 4/17/2015 9:42:37 AM
15 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 14 PrayingPraying

Comments:

Thanks, Llinda.  The thing that keeps amazing me is that Satan is such a one-trick pony.  Like Jack used to say, history doesn't repeat itself but it sure stutters. And that's not accident.

Reply # 5 - ReplyTo ID: 12531

Posted By: WarrenBowdoin -
Date: 4/17/2015 2:49:40 PM
15 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 14 PrayingPraying

Comments:

I tried to scroll down with the scroll wheel and it said I rated the article a 1, I just want you to know that is not true.

Thanks Wendy, i love reading your articles.  God Bless!!!

Reply # 6 - ReplyTo ID: 12544

Posted By: Greg S/CG -
Date: 4/21/2015 1:29:16 PM
17 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 13 PrayingPraying

Comments:

Very good Wendy I really liked it. This is an interesting Pope thats for sure, All the rest of the Popes in my lifetime Ive never given a 2nd thought But this Guy, I kinda like him, because of that I am cautious with him, He might just be dangerous. We will see.

Thank you for your hard work and wonderful articles. I always loof forward to them. That goes for all the writers though. Every single one brings something different, We are truly blessed in what y'all write for us to read and study.

Greg