Home | Forums | Bible | +Width | Subscribe | Member Login

Tuesday, November 21, 2017   6:46:50 AM  

Welcome to The Omega Letter   Daily Briefings Commentary News Room   Contact OL Site Map How Do I?
Testimonials Prophecy Israel Globalism Terror In Defense Around the World War News Witnessing Perspective Commentary

Omega Letter Member Log In

Matthew  25 : 13
Watch therefore, for ye know neither the day nor the hour wherein the Son of man cometh.
Read Today's Proverb - Chapter 21

Why Subscribe?
Subscribe Online   Online
Subscribe By Mail   By mail
Contribute
Public Registration

Forum

Zeteo 3:16 with Alf and Alesia Cengia

THE END THE BOOK THE SERIES: J.L. Robb

Ready Reasons - Wendy Wippel

The End The Book Part 6

Faith Soaps and Love

Bible Prophecy News Christian Current Events

Daily Brief Commentary Contributed Help Forums

Omega Letter - Commentary Discussion

Blood on the Doorposts
Posted By: PattiKline
4/1/2015 12:14:08 PM

Reverse

Original Commentary Link
18 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 11 PrayingPraying

Member Comments:

Bravo that history is finally told in truth ....satan has been perverting and preventing the truth of how he ( satan ) has been sitting in the churches from time memoriam.
I praise the Lord that He forgives our lack of knowledge and doesn't hold it against us ; for our Salvation is in the accepting in who and what his Shed blood did for those who believe in Him and repent .....but that Now when the eyes have been opened we can respond in a transformed active .Amen !

Reply # 1 - ReplyTo ID: 12469

Posted By: Corin Keiler-Lloyd -
Date: 4/2/2015 5:11:19 AM
12 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 14 PrayingPraying

Comments: The word Easter is in the King James Version. Ot is a mistranslation of the Greek 'Pascha'. This is teh same as 'Pesach' which is Hebrew for Passover. Peter is set free from his cell by an angel,guarded by Romans, on the anniversary of the Resurrection.

You also seem to suggest that the doctrine of the Trinity is a pagan invention. This is extremely serious - for your salvation.

As for the Hot Cross Bun read here:http://www.telegraph.co.uk/topics/easter/11504670/Luxury-hot-cross-buns-are-the-devils-work.html

The earliest mention of the Hot Cross Bun is April 9 1773.

Finally when the Lenten fast was over and the Feast began all that most household had left preserved from the winter would be a ham. Why a ham? Poor people kept pigs because they could be fed on our scraps.

Do some homework before you start teaching rot.
Reply # 2 - ReplyTo ID: 12470

Posted By: PaulLaymon -
Date: 4/2/2015 10:00:41 AM
10 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 12 PrayingPraying

Comments: I've been struggling alone in this fight for years. It seems no one in the church wants this information. I'm sure that even some here at OL bristled up at the truths you've presented, formulating to themselves and the Spirit within them an argument that goes something like: "My favorite time of worship each year is Easter. I love the services at church and it brings so many who normally wouldn't attend, in the door."

I think what I've come to is that the modern easter season is a part of the "vain conversation received by tradition from your fathers" and as such, does not remove those practicing it from the faith. But it does prevent them from having the level of faith and closeness with our Father and Savior that they could experience if they would only turn their backs to these abominable practices that have crept into our love feasts.

But the Watchmen here at the OL are different than your average church attender; set apart to search out, see, measure against the Word, acknowledge and consider, and then proclaim to all who would hear. And when they discover that the church has been "teaching as doctrines the precepts of men." and "neglecting the commandment of God, hold(ing) to the tradition of men. The people of the OL will go to study and prayer, so that in this glorious season that is upon us they will be able to present the Jesus, the Passover lamb, as the light of men.

Thank you for this post, Lea.
Reply # 3 - ReplyTo ID: 12471

Posted By: ReedRobertson -
Date: 4/2/2015 3:34:46 PM
14 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 12 PrayingPraying

Comments: Truth.
Reply # 4 - ReplyTo ID: 12475

Posted By: ShelleyB -
Date: 4/4/2015 3:14:43 PM
12 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 11 PrayingPraying

Comments:

"Worshippers were to meditate upon the sacred mysteries of Baal and Tammuz, and to make the sign of the "T" in front of their hearts as they worshipped.

They also ate sacred cakes with the marking of a "T" or cross on the top."

So, the first letter of the word/ name "Tammuz" in this ancient language was shaped like a "T?" Really?

I think we need to be aware of where this comes from, but honestly. Every women knows a baked ham is easier to serve at a "love feast" than a bunch of chickens or a side of beef. Easter egg hunts, ok, they are pretty stupid. What are you suggesting? Should we get an alter and slay a lamb? Should we try and get a law passed to change the name from Easter to Resurrection Sunday? Many churches call it that now. 

Yes, the Roman Catholic Church has brought in many pagan ideas, but it is a cult and recognized as such by genuine Christians. I am missing your point. Many churches celebrate Resurrection Sunday/Easter and they hope lots of unsaved come so they can hear the gospel. Pretty much, to all of us who are genuinely saved, it is a glorious day when we celebrate the fact that, "He is Risen." He is risen, indeed. 

Happy Resurrection Sunday!

Reply # 5 - ReplyTo ID: 12476

Posted By: LeaSylvester -
Date: 4/5/2015 12:00:07 AM
12 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 8 PrayingPraying

Comments:

Let us understand that the New Testament was written originally in Aramaic, a dialect of Hebrew. The facts about Easter and it's paganism are history.

I believe anyone who has read my writing for any length of time knows that I am serious, I love the Lord with all of my heart and soul, and I serve Him only and gladly.

It is never my intention to cause discord. However, readers always should read scripture in context and study anything any writer writes for themselves. Pray for wisdom and discernment. Never just take my word for anything. Be as the Bereans were.

Blessings to all my beloved brethren.

Shalom,

Lea