Home | Forums | Bible | +Width | Subscribe | Member Login

Thursday, November 23, 2017   10:27:57 PM  

Welcome to The Omega Letter   Daily Briefings Commentary News Room   Contact OL Site Map How Do I?
Testimonials Prophecy Israel Globalism Terror In Defense Around the World War News Witnessing Perspective Commentary

Omega Letter Member Log In

Matthew  24 : 7
For nation shall rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom: and there shall be famines, and pestilences, and earthquakes, in divers places.
Read Today's Proverb - Chapter 23

Why Subscribe?
Subscribe Online   Online
Subscribe By Mail   By mail
Contribute
Public Registration

Forum

Zeteo 3:16 with Alf and Alesia Cengia

THE END THE BOOK THE SERIES: J.L. Robb

Ready Reasons - Wendy Wippel

The End The Book Part 6

Faith Soaps and Love

Bible Prophecy News Christian Current Events

Daily Brief Commentary Contributed Help Forums

Omega Letter - Commentary Discussion

This Steadily Growing Darkness
Posted By: BeckyD
3/20/2015 8:56:40 AM

Reverse

Original Commentary Link
30 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 20 PrayingPraying

Member Comments:
Absolutely, 100% right, Alf!
Reply # 1 - ReplyTo ID: 12425

Posted By: TerryReed -
Date: 3/20/2015 11:48:52 AM
26 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 12 PrayingPraying

Comments: Alf, this was an excellent and insightful letter. Thanks for taking the time to put down in words many of the thoughts that have been rolling around in my own head. May we all be found faithful to the Lord and His message, and may we continue to serve as watchmen on the wall.
Reply # 2 - ReplyTo ID: 12426

Posted By: Martha E -
Date: 3/20/2015 4:05:24 PM
15 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 18 PrayingPraying

Comments: so true alf - sad but so true. so many churches going the wrong way. i wonder where richard bach is ascending to?? i would rather see him ascend in the rapture.

Reply # 3 - ReplyTo ID: 12427

Posted By: SusanJacobs -
Date: 3/20/2015 7:37:41 PM
22 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 17 PrayingPraying

Comments: Thirty years ago as relatively new believers my husband and I moved to that town in Parreti's book. It was a very religious town of about 9,000.
It was about 70% Catholic and and we were
told however that "anybody who is anybody goes to the "Grace Luthern Church". One could talk all day to folks about "god", but as soon as you mentioned Christ and His shed blood, the subject was immediately changed. I see that same refusal of many in the church today to actually speak of the "shed blood" for my sins.Thank you for a great article Alf.
Reply # 4 - ReplyTo ID: 12428

Posted By: Corin Keiler-Lloyd -
Date: 3/20/2015 8:29:59 PM
17 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 15 PrayingPraying

Comments: I have seen people turn and run at the mention of the Blood of Jesus; quite literally.
Reply # 5 - ReplyTo ID: 12429

Posted By: DanDapper -
Date: 3/20/2015 9:39:13 PM
18 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 12 PrayingPraying

Comments:

Funny Alf, Frank Peretti and his book "This Present Darkness" came up in our study this week.  Robin read it when it came out, I have it on audio, got through some of it but dragged on too much for me.(I prefer C S Lewis on the subject, Clive Staples will make your mind bend, soul and spirit too) Strange things going on! PRAY, PRAY, PRAY for the Harpazo! It's our only hope! Intense "stuff" coming down Alfie! LOL

PS

"We may not have outright Satanists running around disguised as ministers"

We do have them Alf; they are in many pulpits across America!  I'm not talking about those just deceived, but flat out Luciferian’s who know what they are doing! Us Christians need to wake up on all of this! Myself included!

Reply # 6 - ReplyTo ID: 12430

Posted By: TomLaMendola -
Date: 3/21/2015 10:07:52 AM
19 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 14 PrayingPraying

Comments:

I have found out lately that it is getting a little lonely up on that wall.  However, it only proves to me just how close we are getting to His return.  I wouldn't have it any other way.  Maranatha

Reply # 7 - ReplyTo ID: 12433

Posted By: LindaM -
Date: 3/21/2015 5:55:08 PM
20 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 17 PrayingPraying

Comments:

Great piece, Alf, acknowledging what's really going on down here.  I read "This Present Darkness" a few years ago...Wow!  Talk about an eye-opener!  Frank Peretti has a way of putting things down in print...thank The Lord!

Yes, I've seen how people prefer talking about "God" but name Jesus, and the atmosphere changes, Like Susan pointed out.  Praise God that the Christian networks I listen to up here don't shun Jesus and His work (one network I have seen ABSOLUTELY preaches/teaches about the shed blood of The Lord Jesus Christ is the Sonlife Broadcasting Network - SBN - out of Baton Rouge, LA.  I'm am very grateful that they focus on Him, with great worship in song much of the time.)

As we have just seen Israel being returned of their great PM, Benjamin Netanyahu, may we continue to trust/hope in The Lord's continual care of this country from old, the place of Jesus' birth/life ministry.  We have read The Word, knowing what is ahead for Israel, but at the end of that 7-year period of testing (to say the least), Israel will see Jesus for Who He really is...HalleluYAH!

Thank you so much for the encouraging message, Alf.  Shalom to you, all of us "seated in Christ Jesus"!