Home | Forums | Bible | +Width | Subscribe | Member Login

Saturday, November 18, 2017   4:48:34 AM  

Welcome to The Omega Letter   Daily Briefings Commentary News Room   Contact OL Site Map How Do I?
Testimonials Prophecy Israel Globalism Terror In Defense Around the World War News Witnessing Perspective Commentary

Omega Letter Member Log In

Revelation  13 : 1
And I stood upon the sand of the sea, and saw a beast rise up out of the sea, having seven heads and ten horns, and upon his horns ten crowns, and upon his heads the name of blasphemy.
Read Today's Proverb - Chapter 18

Why Subscribe?
Subscribe Online   Online
Subscribe By Mail   By mail
Contribute
Public Registration

Forum

Zeteo 3:16 with Alf and Alesia Cengia

THE END THE BOOK THE SERIES: J.L. Robb

Ready Reasons - Wendy Wippel

The End The Book Part 6

Faith Soaps and Love

Bible Prophecy News Christian Current Events

Daily Brief Commentary Contributed Help Forums

Omega Letter - Commentary Discussion

A Coke and a Smile
Posted By: Carolee
4/2/2013 8:52:07 AM

Reverse

Original Commentary Link
11 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 12 PrayingPraying

Member Comments:

This . . . your testimony has left me with tears streaming down my cheeks!!!  It was remindful of Malachi 3:10

". . . and prove me now herewith, saith the LORD of hosts, if I will not open you the windows of heaven, and pour you out a blessing, that there shall not be room enough to receive it."

Reply # 1 - ReplyTo ID: 9448

Posted By: PaulLaymon -
Date: 4/2/2013 9:49:19 AM
6 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 10 PrayingPraying

Comments: I don't think a goody two-shoes can say "butt crack"!
Reply # 2 - ReplyTo ID: 9449

Posted By: GeneAksland -
Date: 4/2/2013 10:08:04 AM
10 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 10 PrayingPraying

Comments: What great tribute to God's determination to capture your heart.
Thanks Wendy!
Reply # 3 - ReplyTo ID: 9450

Posted By: Ken -
Date: 4/2/2013 10:17:36 AM
12 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 8 PrayingPraying

Comments:

Awesome Wendy! You made me tear up at my desk, Architecture does that sometimes! =D

Reply # 4 - ReplyTo ID: 9451

Posted By: ElizabethM -
Date: 4/2/2013 10:59:22 AM
7 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 13 PrayingPraying

Comments:

Wendy, this was absolutely wonderful!  I have laughed out loud (having an older sister), identified with being in college and low on money, craving coke (mine was regular), and laughed with joy at how the Lord answered your prayer.  What a wonderful sense of humor He has.  Awesome testimony!

Reply # 5 - ReplyTo ID: 9452

Posted By: EllenDudley -
Date: 4/2/2013 11:01:50 AM
9 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 10 PrayingPraying

Comments: Wendy...This is a great testimony for you and Diet Coke! BUT.."the Fall of 19" stopped me.??? Is this a testimony of God's preservation also?
Reply # 6 - ReplyTo ID: 9453

Posted By: EdmundLordjr. -
Date: 4/2/2013 11:27:14 AM
13 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 10 PrayingPraying

Comments: Good testimony Wendy, The decade of the freaky 70's is when a local call cost a dime. Earth shoe's, polyester shirts and" the real thing"...coke and JESUS
Reply # 7 - ReplyTo ID: 9454

Posted By: Kerry -
Date: 4/2/2013 11:54:55 AM
13 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 10 PrayingPraying

Comments: Very nice Wendy! It's amazing how God interacts with us, isn't it?
Reply # 8 - ReplyTo ID: 9455

Posted By: BethJohnson -
Date: 4/2/2013 12:42:17 PM
11 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 13 PrayingPraying

Comments: Wendy, as always, a brilliantly written article! What a beautiful testimony. Thanks for sharing!
Blessings,
Beth Johnson
Reply # 9 - ReplyTo ID: 9457

Posted By: WarrenBowdoin -
Date: 4/2/2013 1:06:22 PM
9 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 8 PrayingPraying

Comments:

Thanks Wendy for the tears in the corners of my eyes... Smile

My Testimony is still being played out and seems messy by comparison.  Perhaps one day i can share it as cleanly as you do with yours.

What is it about knowing how someone came to faith is so... moving.  Every story is different and yet all are moving in some way.  I do so like to know the "why" of things.  I'm not much different than my children in that.

God Bless!!!

Reply # 10 - ReplyTo ID: 9460

Posted By: Greg S/CG -
Date: 4/2/2013 2:38:13 PM
11 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 9 PrayingPraying

Comments: Very VERY good Wendy!!!

Before I was saved in 05 I too believed in Evolution, I was pro Choice, I believed in all roads lead to heaven and the Bible was just a Guide, A month After I was saved a friend of mine said to me in a conversation about abortion that I had stumbled into, Greg, Your Pro Choice right, and Me stopping for a second as I suddenly realized, No I was Pro Life! Salvation changes us, in ways we don't always see at first. Pretty dog gone amazing!!
Reply # 11 - ReplyTo ID: 9461

Posted By: LindaM -
Date: 4/2/2013 4:29:48 PM
10 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 10 PrayingPraying

Comments: SO sweet, Wendy! Brought tears to my eyes, also, as I've read others' comments. I am SO VERY GLAD Our Wonderfully, Glorius God revealed Himself to you, saving you for "us" here at the OL, and for all that He brings into your path. Praise and Bless/Thank Him for your two faithful servant/girlfriends, too!

Thank you for sharing your testimony - and so well articulated per your usual. We thoroughly appreciate the fine mind The LORD has bestowed upon you, that He so graciously shares with all your life touches. Halleluyah!

Shalom!
Reply # 12 - ReplyTo ID: 9462

Posted By: NastasiaWalden -
Date: 4/2/2013 5:49:53 PM
11 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 42 PrayingPraying

Comments:

I absolutely loved your testimony thank you for sharing it. I laughed and cried at the same time. Isn't it so like Him to provide that way? From experience I understand that afterward, after those fleshly tantrums you feel so guilty for behaving thst way. Thank you again. I loved reading it.

Reply # 13 - ReplyTo ID: 9463

Posted By: Greg -
Date: 4/2/2013 6:17:20 PM
7 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 9 PrayingPraying

Comments:

Keesler AFB, Biloxi, Ms Aug 1978. Sunbathing between the dorms, about 100 degrees. No air stirring, the buildings are blocking it. A young man is witnessing to me. Has been for a couple months. He wants to be a preacher and he practices on me. I'm willing and don't mind helping him. Unfortunately I haven't really taken much of what he's said to heart. He's determined though. So he says to me, Greg think of something simple you would like right now. Then he said lets pray to God and ask him for it.  Well I asked that a cloud would come over and block the sun, (not a cloud in the sky), that a light drizzle would fall and that a nice breeze would dry us off. He no sooner got In Jesus Name out of his mouth and here comes the cloud, then the light shower and then the breeze. Fervent prayers of a righteous man...whoa!

Thanks Wendy for sharing!

We serve an AWESOME God!!!! And I love Him very much too!!!!!

Reply # 14 - ReplyTo ID: 9464

Posted By: CherylKeller -
Date: 4/2/2013 6:48:57 PM
12 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 10 PrayingPraying

Comments: I loved this.God seems to give new believers an extra dose of grace.Wendy's growing up was a lot like mine.I "belived it",but didn't get it until I was almost 24.This is a laugher and crier one!
Reply # 15 - ReplyTo ID: 9465

Posted By: GeorgiaMiller -
Date: 4/2/2013 7:55:53 PM
9 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 10 PrayingPraying

Comments:

Wendy, thanks for sharing.  Wow!  I loved this - another great article.

Reply # 16 - ReplyTo ID: 9466

Posted By: Danielle Patton -
Date: 4/2/2013 9:47:05 PM
12 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 7 PrayingPraying

Comments: Jesus give me 30$.00 last year in a bathroom I thanked Him.
Reply # 17 - ReplyTo ID: 9467

Posted By: Linda Ihinger -
Date: 4/2/2013 10:09:36 PM
15 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 9 PrayingPraying

Comments: Absolutely beautiful Wendy!! Thank you for sharing! (It's amazing how God works huh?)
Reply # 18 - ReplyTo ID: 9468

Posted By: Paula -
Date: 4/2/2013 10:35:31 PM
10 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 12 PrayingPraying

Comments:

Wendy, I loved every word, and was just amazed at what the Lord did for you!  That's the best 35 cents He ever spent!  I am going to share your testimony with my sister. I think she will be duly impressed, as I was!  Thank you, Wendy! You did a great job!  So well-written!  And thanks to Greg and Charles for those great stories, and everyone else's comments, too!

Reply # 19 - ReplyTo ID: 9469

Posted By: JohnMcf2 -
Date: 4/3/2013 5:07:03 AM
9 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 9 PrayingPraying

Comments: A great testimony; but....
I grew up in Pierre, whether I like it or not it has shaped me in some way. Actually it was a quiet town as I knew it. Lived their until I was 18 then have lived elswhere ever since. Needless to say my testimonie only involved Pierre when I went back to tell them about the Christ I found. They were not very impressed! Your testimony some how brings to mind the breaking my dependence on coffee. I found to be free, the strings of addictions have to be cut. It is always nice to hear how others got to know Jesus Christ.
Reply # 20 - ReplyTo ID: 9470

Posted By: Martha E -
Date: 4/3/2013 7:49:07 AM
11 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 11 PrayingPraying

Comments:

thanks for sharing your testimony - isn't the lord awesome! don't you just love the little things he does that just make you stop in awe of him.

Reply # 21 - ReplyTo ID: 9471

Posted By: David_Psalm91 -
Date: 4/3/2013 11:18:13 AM
6 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 11 PrayingPraying

Comments: Marvelous testimony Wendy!
Praise the Lord!!! Jesus!!!
Reply # 22 - ReplyTo ID: 9475

Posted By: BeckyD -
Date: 4/3/2013 12:50:32 PM
14 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 8 PrayingPraying

Comments:

Wow, I'm amazed at how many others had the exact same reaction as I did, laughing and crying at the same time.  How wonderful!

Thank you for sharing, Wendy.

It's peculiar how the Holy Spirit changes you over time, and instantly in some instances.  I know it's different for others and happens at different times.  I used to be pro-choice (except where I was concerned, I know I couldn't do it).  I used to not really pick up the Bible much.  I never wanted to go to Israel.  All has changed, and I have a desire for LIFE; for the Word, and for God's chosen to experience Him.

Others who are not at the same place in their spiritual journey can't understand and won't until they turn their face towards Jesus.

1 Corinthians  2:14  But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.

Reply # 23 - ReplyTo ID: 9479

Posted By: SusanJohnson -
Date: 4/3/2013 4:45:13 PM
14 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 43 PrayingPraying

Comments: I've heard this all before, but loved reading it. You are a wonder, Wendy! Love you.
Reply # 24 - ReplyTo ID: 9486

Posted By: DanForeman -
Date: 4/4/2013 2:02:56 PM
9 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 11 PrayingPraying

Comments: Thanks Wendy. I guess God really does care about us personally. I loved your testimony.
Reply # 25 - ReplyTo ID: 9491

Posted By: JayMiller -
Date: 4/5/2013 1:17:37 PM
13 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 8 PrayingPraying

Comments: That was awesome Wendy! I had a similar experience years ago. After many surgeries and feeling somewhat isolated and alone because of them I called out in desperation, "Lord how do you love me?" Immediately in my head I hear "I would leave 99 behind to find you." I knew this was scripture but hadn't been thinking about scripture at all. I felt the Lord had been listening to me and I was in awe and grateful. The psych and education major in me might be able to explain that away with a kind of internal conditioned response. The next part however couldn't be. The next morning when I woke up to my radio(my radio plays music at a set time to wake me up)the exact words coming from it were "I'd leave 99 leave them all behind to find you." These lyrics are from a song called Leaving 99 by Audio Adrenaline. Needless to say the tears began flowing at hearing that....One last thing Wendy...I was born in Pierre South Dakota...lol I love my omega letter family! God Bless!
Reply # 26 - ReplyTo ID: 9509

Posted By: Dianna -
Date: 4/8/2013 2:55:04 AM
10 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 44 PrayingPraying

Comments: Ah! And now He hath provided Diet Cherry Coke ZERO! Thank you, Lord,
Reply # 27 - ReplyTo ID: 9514

Posted By: WendyWippel -
Date: 4/8/2013 9:46:46 PM
10 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 11 PrayingPraying

Comments:

Hey everybody! I have been checking in but was out of town and couldn't remember my password so I couldn't post. (I know. It's sad.)

Thanks for everything-- you are all so encouraging. And you were cracking me up!  I was kind of afraid the "butt crack of dawn) may offend somebody...

Also, thanks for checking in from Pierre!  I have been to Bismarck. And Rapid City. But not Pierre : (

I love you guys. Thanks for your support.  We seriously need to start organizing som OL get togethers.   Anybody close to Mississippi?