Home | Forums | Bible | +Width | Subscribe | Member Login

Monday, November 20, 2017   12:58:00 AM  

Welcome to The Omega Letter   Daily Briefings Commentary News Room   Contact OL Site Map How Do I?
Testimonials Prophecy Israel Globalism Terror In Defense Around the World War News Witnessing Perspective Commentary

Omega Letter Member Log In

Luke  21 : 25
And there shall be signs in the sun, and in the moon, and in the stars; and upon the earth distress of nations, with perplexity; the sea and the waves roaring;
Read Today's Proverb - Chapter 20

Why Subscribe?
Subscribe Online   Online
Subscribe By Mail   By mail
Contribute
Public Registration

Forum

Zeteo 3:16 with Alf and Alesia Cengia

THE END THE BOOK THE SERIES: J.L. Robb

Ready Reasons - Wendy Wippel

The End The Book Part 6

Faith Soaps and Love

Bible Prophecy News Christian Current Events

Daily Brief Commentary Contributed Help Forums

Omega Letter - Commentary Discussion

Blue State Blues
Posted By: pete
11/7/2012 10:22:48 AM

Reverse

Original Commentary Link
17 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 17 PrayingPraying

Member Comments:
Amen. Very comforting words Wendy!
Reply # 1 - ReplyTo ID: 8884

Posted By: WendyWippel -
Date: 11/10/2012 8:25:44 AM
12 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 13 PrayingPraying

Comments:

Oh, and thanks for the get well wishes!  I am feeling much better, but after 12 years working from home in my sweats, started a job at a large corporation Monday so that has been a big change!  (One that is going to take a while to get used to!) But it is all good-- I have one daughter away at college and the other will be leaving this summer. Not perfect timing, but this job absolutely fell in my lap and seems like what the Lord planned for me.

But I so appreciate you all.. Thanks again.

Reply # 2 - ReplyTo ID: 8883

Posted By: WendyWippel -
Date: 11/10/2012 8:22:37 AM
10 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 16 PrayingPraying

Comments:

Thanks, everybody for all your feedback!  I agree, it has saddened my heart tremendously to see the US put a man who rejects truth on so many levels back in control. It is like seeing reality unravel in front of my eyes! I feel like either I am crazy or everybody else is.    And I know you all feel the same way.  I have been thinking about Psalm 11 : 

In the Lord I take refuge. How then can you say to me:“Flee like a bird to your mountain.2 For look, the wicked bend their bows;they set their arrows against the stringsto shoot from the shadows at the upright in heart. 3 When the foundations are being destroyed,what can the righteous do?”

4 The Lord is in his holy temple;the Lord is on his heavenly throne. He observes everyone on earth;his eyes examine them.5 The Lord examines the righteous,but the wicked, those who love violence, he hates with a passion. On the wicked he will rainfiery coals and burning sulfur;a scorching wind will be their lot.7 For the Lord is righteous,he loves justice; he upright will see his face.

What can the righteous do? Remember that their end will be what their actions deserve, and in the meantime we have the privilelge of carrying out the ministry of reconciliation.

But it is so hard to watch the foundations being destroyed. Cry

Reply # 3 - ReplyTo ID: 8873

Posted By: Greg S/CG -
Date: 11/8/2012 11:37:33 AM
12 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 14 PrayingPraying

Comments:

Very Good Wendy, Amen,

My mother immigrated from Germany in 1955, She told me she was 5 years old in 1934 when Hitler was proclaimed Furur. My mother said her father cried at the news! He was from Poland and was filled with foreboding. My grandfather was a veterinarian and later was drafted by the Third Reich, The Germany army still used Horses to move freight back then. So he wasn't on the front lines,It didnt save him though. He was killed in France by a Sniper in 1941. Looking back at Hitler we see a monster, as horrible as that man was what he did Changed the world, and helped make Israel possible. 6.5 million Jews Killed set a fire in the Jews that still burns today. So many things that have to do with prophecy can trace a line back to WW2. The Lord Chose Hitler, he did it for a reason that is still a little vague to us but we can see what became of that choice over time. How it changed the world. SO Obama is part of the plan.
Well, what can I say, From this watchers perspective, A Romney win would have been a pause in the worlds headlong rush towards prophecy, An Obama win tells me the world will continue un-abated in its rush to fulfill prophecy!I dont think we will have the time to hash over what Obama's presidency meant to the world I think things will happen to fast for that.
Im in a funk still today over this, But I know the Lord is in control.

CG

Reply # 4 - ReplyTo ID: 8872

Posted By: AnneK -
Date: 11/8/2012 11:27:29 AM
10 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 17 PrayingPraying

Comments:

Thank you Wendy!  This is what I needed to hear....so uplifting. 

Reply # 5 - ReplyTo ID: 8871

Posted By: EdmundLordjr. -
Date: 11/8/2012 8:46:34 AM
16 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 16 PrayingPraying

Comments: Good article Wendy!
Reply # 6 - ReplyTo ID: 8870

Posted By: Stressedbob & Sherri -
Date: 11/7/2012 10:34:01 PM
17 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 10 PrayingPraying

Comments:

Thank you Wendy!  So happy to see that you are feeling better!

Reply # 7 - ReplyTo ID: 8869

Posted By: Barbara Petersen -
Date: 11/7/2012 8:49:20 PM
12 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 15 PrayingPraying

Comments:

Thank You Wendy for all the scriptures and your inspirational insight!!

“I will lift up my eyes to the hills—From whence comes my help? My help comes from the Lord Who made heaven and earth. He will not allow your foot to be moved;He who keeps you will not slumber. Behold, He who keeps Israel Shall neither slumber nor sleep The Lord is your keeper; The Lord is your shade at your right hand. The sun shall not strike you by day, Nor the moon by night. The Lord shall preserve you from all evil He shall preserve your soul. The Lord shall preserve your going out and your coming in From this time forth, and even forevermore." (Psalms 21)

I just love this one....NO I love them all as do all of our brothers and sisters of omega letter

Reply # 8 - ReplyTo ID: 8867

Posted By: Greg -
Date: 11/7/2012 6:47:22 PM
16 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 14 PrayingPraying

Comments:

We need a constant reminder. My pastor talks pretty fast and excentuates all the time. He  is fond of saying "right up here" as way way of waking us up and drawing attention to things he doesn't want us to miss. I think He said right up here last night loud and clear. Time to focus...and on whats important. Thanks Wendy so much! You are a blessing to all of us and a good and faithful servant!

Reply # 9 - ReplyTo ID: 8866

Posted By: ShelleyMessenger -
Date: 11/7/2012 5:06:48 PM
18 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 12 PrayingPraying

Comments:

Wonderful commentary, Wendy!!!!!

AMEN AND AMEN.

God Bless,
Shelley

Reply # 10 - ReplyTo ID: 8865

Posted By: David_Psalm91 -
Date: 11/7/2012 3:45:54 PM
15 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 12 PrayingPraying

Comments: Another winner Wendy...after all YOU are a winner in Christ Jesus...Be well in His Name.
Praise the Lord!!! Jesus!!!
Reply # 11 - ReplyTo ID: 8864

Posted By: GeorgiaMiller -
Date: 11/7/2012 2:44:37 PM
14 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 12 PrayingPraying

Comments:

Wendy, thanks for a great article!  I can't deny the sadness and feeling of being let down, but I too, know that God is still on His throne and we can trust Him.  He says He will never leave us or forsake us.  I'm glad you are feeling better, by the way.

Reply # 12 - ReplyTo ID: 8863

Posted By: EllenDudley -
Date: 11/7/2012 2:24:45 PM
15 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 17 PrayingPraying

Comments: Wendy...I am so glad you write for us. We need your steadying influence in these dark times. Thank you and praise His name always.
Reply # 13 - ReplyTo ID: 8862

Posted By: WarrenBowdoin -
Date: 11/7/2012 12:37:20 PM
16 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 15 PrayingPraying

Comments:

Amen Wendy, that's what i woke up to this morning.  and i feel so free.

God is so good!!!

Reply # 14 - ReplyTo ID: 8861

Posted By: Anton -
Date: 11/7/2012 12:26:48 PM
16 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 13 PrayingPraying

Comments:

Amen!Wendy.

Anton.

Reply # 15 - ReplyTo ID: 8860

Posted By: Kerry -
Date: 11/7/2012 12:24:49 PM
12 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 12 PrayingPraying

Comments:

Amen Wendy! That about sums it up. I had an uncle who was fond of saying "My dad always taught me to work hard, but he never did teach me how to like it". And there you have it. With that gulp in our throat...

Reply # 16 - ReplyTo ID: 8859

Posted By: Martha E -
Date: 11/7/2012 10:58:19 AM
13 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 12 PrayingPraying

Comments:

thank you - it is not easy but you are right - we serve the king of kings and he is still on the throne. thank you for the encouraging and comforting words . so glad you are better and writing your articles here again.

Reply # 17 - ReplyTo ID: 8858

Posted By: Michael -
Date: 11/7/2012 10:32:45 AM
14 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 13 PrayingPraying

Comments: Thank you Wendy. As usual, your column is a great help. As my wife - and J .Vernon McGee - like to remind me, I'm only one heart-beat from Eternity. I need to keep reminding myself that this situation did not come about by chance, but is rather part of a larger plan. Maybe it's my pride that says I really don't deserve what I fear is coming. It's just that watching this country sink into corruption is like watching a beloved relative pass away. There's nothing to do but grieve. But then, perhaps I'm being too pessimistic. Let's hope so.