Home | Forums | Bible | +Width | Subscribe | Member Login

Monday, November 20, 2017   12:56:00 AM  

Welcome to The Omega Letter   Daily Briefings Commentary News Room   Contact OL Site Map How Do I?
Testimonials Prophecy Israel Globalism Terror In Defense Around the World War News Witnessing Perspective Commentary

Omega Letter Member Log In

2 Chronicles  7 : 14
If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.
Read Today's Proverb - Chapter 20

Why Subscribe?
Subscribe Online   Online
Subscribe By Mail   By mail
Contribute
Public Registration

Forum

Zeteo 3:16 with Alf and Alesia Cengia

THE END THE BOOK THE SERIES: J.L. Robb

Ready Reasons - Wendy Wippel

The End The Book Part 6

Faith Soaps and Love

Bible Prophecy News Christian Current Events

Daily Brief Commentary Contributed Help Forums

Omega Letter - Commentary Discussion

Food Fights
Posted By: Noreene
1/18/2011 10:16:37 AM

Reverse

Original Commentary Link
11 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 12 PrayingPraying

Member Comments:
Thanks Ed D...but, we see the answer to this problem when one of the horsemen of the apocalypse rides and millions die. Not an answer that I would want to see but we can all hear the hoofbeats. Some people think I am crazy to stockpile all the food I get, but if we don't use it, someone after the rapture will need it.
Reply # 1 - ReplyTo ID: 6490

Posted By: DanDapper -
Date: 1/23/2011 3:39:00 PM
11 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 12 PrayingPraying

Comments:

Federal policies failing the California’s Central Valley. What else is new? This is a huge problem here in California, save the inedible smelt fish but kill the people.

Reply # 2 - ReplyTo ID: 6487

Posted By: Ed D. -
Date: 1/22/2011 8:45:10 PM
14 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 15 PrayingPraying

Comments:

Great question. 

I see it as less a case of politics and more about the simple case that our earth is just getting used up faster.  Obama, or anyone else, can't stop it. 

By 2050 the U.S. breadbasket states will have more than a 20% loss of irrigated lands while the need for them will soar.   That's why food prices are going to go up.  We're just on the front-end of this issue. 

Same for all other commodities. 

Reply # 3 - ReplyTo ID: 6486

Posted By: nitrodog -
Date: 1/22/2011 6:35:47 PM
12 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 12 PrayingPraying

Comments: I would really like to know how stable & or unstable much of our Domestic gross national product of US farming is currently in. What states are being hit with extreme drought? is the president giving US farmers short shrift in using US farmed crops vs. overseas crops with the Free trade or nafta's potentially destructive laws limiting our US farms? There is a tv program on sat or early in the mornings about the US farm report but I haven't tuned in or found the program as of late. JUst like obama's job killing policies I wonder if many farmers are being squeezed out of their crops by beaurocrat traitors
Reply # 4 - ReplyTo ID: 6485

Posted By: DanDapper -
Date: 1/22/2011 4:10:58 PM
12 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 11 PrayingPraying

Comments:

And here I thought 8 to 9 percent inflation was bad enough. It just goes to show how much our government is lying to us. They claim it's 1 to 2 percent. It averages out to more than 57 percent on the things we need most to live. Thanks again for keeping us well informed Ed, things are worse than I thought.

Reply # 5 - ReplyTo ID: 6480

Posted By: Martha E -
Date: 1/21/2011 1:35:56 PM
18 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 9 PrayingPraying

Comments:

Boy - talk about a measure of wheat for a penny!!!!

Reply # 6 - ReplyTo ID: 6475

Posted By: Gloria -
Date: 1/18/2011 2:05:55 PM
16 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 11 PrayingPraying

Comments:

Good briefing Ed.  The sound of the hoof beats are getting louder.

Betsy you`ve brought up a point that has long annoyed me.  The next time you go to the supermarket try to find canned fruit or veg. from US or Canada.  Especially the large co. like DeMonte all come mostly from China.

Last month I bought a NookColor tablet in Wa.  and was concerned about the duty at Can. customs.  B&N told me not to worry.  All the parts were made in the US and assembled in China.  Oh that`s OK then  -  just like our canned goods.  I know this has to do with trade but it`s getting rediculous.

Regarding the stocking of food I`ve been reading a lot about quinoa lately and it`s a very amazing food.  It is a perfect  protein and contains abundant nutrients.  It comes from S.Amer. but my daughter says she is growing it in her back yard.  This seems to me to be  a better food to stock than flour or rice.

Maranatha!

Reply # 7 - ReplyTo ID: 6474

Posted By: BetsyW -
Date: 1/18/2011 11:45:20 AM
14 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 16 PrayingPraying

Comments:

Ed, great briefing.  Had a little experience in food security and it would shock everyone if they knew how vulnerable our food and water supplies are.  Also, we need to quit making it hard to produce here in the US--as production is shipped overseas, we lose control of it--it's amazing the amount that we now import.  We remain strong in grains, but truck crops and fruits are increasingly imported and processing is fast going overseas because of labor and environmental costs.  When will we wake up??  Betsy