Home | Forums | Bible | +Width | Subscribe | Member Login

Monday, November 20, 2017   12:56:38 AM  

Welcome to The Omega Letter   Daily Briefings Commentary News Room   Contact OL Site Map How Do I?
Testimonials Prophecy Israel Globalism Terror In Defense Around the World War News Witnessing Perspective Commentary

Omega Letter Member Log In

Matthew  25 : 13
Watch therefore, for ye know neither the day nor the hour wherein the Son of man cometh.
Read Today's Proverb - Chapter 20

Why Subscribe?
Subscribe Online   Online
Subscribe By Mail   By mail
Contribute
Public Registration

Forum

Zeteo 3:16 with Alf and Alesia Cengia

THE END THE BOOK THE SERIES: J.L. Robb

Ready Reasons - Wendy Wippel

The End The Book Part 6

Faith Soaps and Love

Bible Prophecy News Christian Current Events

Daily Brief Commentary Contributed Help Forums

Omega Letter - Commentary Discussion

The Forgotten War
Posted By: WallaceBob
12/8/2010 3:44:23 PM

Reverse

Original Commentary Link
15 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 10 PrayingPraying

Member Comments:
Semper Fi Rebecca. Bill told you like it was, I too was there. Praise the Lord, he spared some of us to come home. Mr Truman called it a"Police Action", but we Marines still think of it as the "Forgotten War" Bod Bless Bob Wallace.
Reply # 1 - ReplyTo ID: 6381

Posted By: ShelleyMessenger -
Date: 12/8/2010 5:38:26 PM
17 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 14 PrayingPraying

Comments:

Excellent article, Becky. Thanks for adding a "personal touch".  And I agree, we take for granted what our soldiers have, and are doing for us.  Ron's Dad was in Pelileu and Okinawa, during WWII.  Now deceased, he had some stories to tell, as well. 

I was checking out some pages (about Pearl Harbor) yesterday.  But; you are right, so many people kind of forget the Korean War.  And those young men were just as brave, and deserve our thanks.

It shouldn't be "The Forgotten War", and we should remember, always.

Thank you Bob, and all who fought for us.

God Bless,
Shelley

Reply # 2 - ReplyTo ID: 6382

Posted By: BeckyD -
Date: 12/8/2010 9:05:06 PM
11 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 11 PrayingPraying

Comments:

Bob, thank you so much for your service.  It's an honor to have you comment.

Shelley, I love hearing from you.  I pray that you are well.  Please give Ron my love.  Much love to you.

Your Sister in Christ!

Becky

Reply # 3 - ReplyTo ID: 6383

Posted By: DanDapper -
Date: 12/8/2010 9:40:20 PM
13 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 14 PrayingPraying

Comments:

I had a Grandpa Bill that was in World War I. He lived with us when I was growing up. Grandpa Bill had some nasty scares (I should have said scars, but "scares" actually my be more fitting) on his legs and always told us they were from a dog that had attacked him, but we all knew it was from the war. I could sit here and type for hours and tell many of stories about Grandpa Bill, as could Mick. But we know our memories belong to us. Thank you, Becky, for sharing your time with Mick's Grandpa Bill. God bless our Grandpa Bill's !

Reply # 4 - ReplyTo ID: 6387

Posted By: JayMiller -
Date: 12/9/2010 12:56:59 PM
16 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 10 PrayingPraying

Comments:

Becky- Thankyou for sharing this...I teach history and try to share stories like this with my students...this one touched my heart...Thankyou to all those that have served and suffered for the freedoms we have.

Reply # 5 - ReplyTo ID: 6388

Posted By: David_Psalm91 -
Date: 12/9/2010 2:34:12 PM
13 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 14 PrayingPraying

Comments:

Thank you Becky...and thanks very much to your husband’s grandfather, Bill, for his service. It brought tears to my eyes.

US Navy, 1966-1968...another "not" war...

David...

Praise the Lord!!! Jesus!!!

Reply # 6 - ReplyTo ID: 6389

Posted By: BeckyD -
Date: 12/9/2010 8:46:59 PM
16 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 13 PrayingPraying

Comments:

Oh, thank you so much, my Blessed OL family.  I'm thankful I could share such a touching story with all of you.  You are dear to me, and I love you all!

Dan, I think you're right, "scares" seem to be a more appropriate word.

Becky

PS - I had tears writing it, David.  Oh how the Lord blesses us with such great service-man!