Home | Forums | Bible | +Width | Subscribe | Member Login

Saturday, November 18, 2017   2:26:01 PM  

Welcome to The Omega Letter   Daily Briefings Commentary News Room   Contact OL Site Map How Do I?
Testimonials Prophecy Israel Globalism Terror In Defense Around the World War News Witnessing Perspective Commentary

Omega Letter Member Log In

2 Chronicles  7 : 14
If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.
Read Today's Proverb - Chapter 18

Why Subscribe?
Subscribe Online   Online
Subscribe By Mail   By mail
Contribute
Public Registration

Forum

Zeteo 3:16 with Alf and Alesia Cengia

THE END THE BOOK THE SERIES: J.L. Robb

Ready Reasons - Wendy Wippel

The End The Book Part 6

Faith Soaps and Love

Bible Prophecy News Christian Current Events

Daily Brief Commentary Contributed Help Forums

Omega Letter - Daily Intelligence Briefing Discussion

Vol: 26 Issue: 24 - Saturday, September 24, 2016
Posted By: amyhallhello
9/24/2016 1:11:25 PM

Reverse

Original Daily Intelligence Briefing
Shout AMEN!Amen ~ PrayingPraying

Member Comments:

I appreciate your writings and always look forward to new posts. In this writing you say:

In the first place, a Jew is a person of a particular faith but of no particular ethnic background, as well as being a person of a particular background with no particular religious faith.

(I politely disagree.)

As Arnold Fruchtenbaum writes in "Jews, Gentiles, and Christians"

"From the Abrahamic Covenant a simple definition of Jewishness can be deduced. It lies in the repeated statement that a nation will come from the (blood) line of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob, and thus defines Jewishness in terms of Nationality. It is a Nationality based on descent.  A Chinese person who turns to Judiasm is still Chinese. A Gentile who turns to Judiasm is still a Gentile. There are many references in the Scriptures to prove. And, last, even Jesus calls Non-Jews "Proselytes". Matthew 23:15  "Woe unto you, Scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! For ye compass sea and land to make one Proselyte; and when he is become so, you make him twofold more of a son of hell than yourselves. "    So, I'm just saying that a Jew is a Jew by blood.  Might be a good idea to read Fruchtenbaums writing.  Thank you, God Bless. 

Reply # 1 - ReplyTo ID: 19607

Posted By: Carolee -
Date: 9/24/2016 1:42:26 PM
Shout AMEN!Amen ~ PrayingPraying

Comments:

Unfortunately . . . near as I can gather . . . the majority of Jews think that being a Jew is totally and completed related to "religion".  As far as I'm concerned . . . a Jew (aka Hebrew) is a blood descendant of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob no matter what their beliefs (or lack of them)!!!

However . . . ALL others are Gentiles and remain so no matter what "religion" or lack of it they adhere to although the popular opinion among Jews is in disagreement with that too!!!