Home | Forums | Bible | +Width | Subscribe | Member Login

Saturday, November 18, 2017   4:57:25 AM  

Welcome to The Omega Letter   Daily Briefings Commentary News Room   Contact OL Site Map How Do I?
Testimonials Prophecy Israel Globalism Terror In Defense Around the World War News Witnessing Perspective Commentary

Omega Letter Member Log In

John  10 : 29
My Father, which gave them me, is greater than all; and no man is able to pluck them out of my Father's hand.
Read Today's Proverb - Chapter 18

Why Subscribe?
Subscribe Online   Online
Subscribe By Mail   By mail
Contribute
Public Registration

Forum

Zeteo 3:16 with Alf and Alesia Cengia

THE END THE BOOK THE SERIES: J.L. Robb

Ready Reasons - Wendy Wippel

The End The Book Part 6

Faith Soaps and Love

Bible Prophecy News Christian Current Events

Daily Brief Commentary Contributed Help Forums

Omega Letter - Daily Intelligence Briefing Discussion

Vol: 23 Issue: 9 - Thursday, June 09, 2016
Posted By: EllenDudley
6/9/2016 11:38:58 PM

Reverse

Original Daily Intelligence Briefing
Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 1 PrayingPraying

Member Comments:
Thanks Kari...you do a great job bringing these up to date for us. There are still quite a few that I haven't read before. i'm not good at digging for them. I pray that our great Healer is taking care of your shoulder. Ellen
Reply # 1 - ReplyTo ID: 19598

Posted By: Kari -
Date: 6/10/2016 10:24:39 AM
1 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ PrayingPraying

Comments:

Hi Ellen,

This brief I left with Dad's note at the bottom, it was him who was speaking about his shoulder!!  But "funny" thing when I read your post I was thinking momentarily, "how did she know?" My shoulder was bugging me last night.... so thanks for praying it stretched itself out nice last night. Kiss

Reply # 2 - ReplyTo ID: 19599

Posted By: Carolee -
Date: 6/16/2016 8:21:35 AM
Shout AMEN!Amen ~ PrayingPraying

Comments:

Whenever your heart gives a plaintive cry "How long oh Lord . . . how long?" you can be comforted with . . .

I believe the reason for that is found in 2 Peter 3:9 where Peter reminds us that the Lord hasn't forgotten His Promise, but is instead waiting until the very last person has a chance to accept or reject the Gospel before coming for His Church.

"The Lord is not slack concerning His promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance."

I believe that we are in something of a "holding pattern" until the Lord has given everybody their chance -- and the fact this column is still relevant seven years after the fact supports that contention.  We're still holding now.

The Lord is not "slack" -- He isn't late.  We Christians often ask, "How long, Lord?" -- but the answer (and the solution) is right before us. 

Q.  How long, Lord?  A. Until everybody has heard the Gospel.

Whose job is that?