Home | Forums | Bible | +Width | Subscribe | Member Login

Thursday, November 23, 2017   9:38:24 AM  

Welcome to The Omega Letter   Daily Briefings Commentary News Room   Contact OL Site Map How Do I?
Testimonials Prophecy Israel Globalism Terror In Defense Around the World War News Witnessing Perspective Commentary

Omega Letter Member Log In

Deuteronomy  33 : 24
And of Asher he said, Let Asher be blessed with children; let him be acceptable to his brethren, and let him dip his foot in oil.
Read Today's Proverb - Chapter 23

Why Subscribe?
Subscribe Online   Online
Subscribe By Mail   By mail
Contribute
Public Registration

Forum

Zeteo 3:16 with Alf and Alesia Cengia

THE END THE BOOK THE SERIES: J.L. Robb

Ready Reasons - Wendy Wippel

The End The Book Part 6

Faith Soaps and Love

Bible Prophecy News Christian Current Events

Daily Brief Commentary Contributed Help Forums

Omega Letter - Member Contributed Articles

Overload
Posted By: Phrank
7/1/2013 10:31:32 AM

Reverse

Original Article Link
31 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 28 PrayingPraying

Member Comments:

What should be a happy time for many of the people of these United States is not. We are in scandal overload with several appearing to originate from the White house or pointing back to it.  To pile on, it looks like new scandals break every month or so.   When one looks at the whole picture it’s not a pretty one.

To watch the different investigations and see more delay, obfuscation and crass delivery of answers by those that are being investigated, the answers being given,  the answers are just jaw dropping.   I can’t even imagine how some of these people can look at themselves in the mirror, then again, maybe they don’t.

If a scandal is in government, it now seems perfectly acceptable for that governmental department to investigate itself.  Then, after duly waiting some period of time, to pronounce itself clean of all wrongdoing or that it is cleaning house and not to worry.   If that cannot be done, then find a single point or person of failure, and dump the whole thing on them.  But at all costs, show that whatever problem is being investigated is not systemic to the agency. 

In other words, the problem lies not with the leadership or charter of the agency, but with a couple of rogue employees within them.  

There may have been a time when that was acceptable, (Read:  Trusting those in authority to do the right thing for the right reasons, but I am finding that hard to prove) but that ship has long sailed, in part because of the speed that news is delivered over the internet and the fact that there are too many conflicting stories that just don’t reconcile.   If that doesn’t leave a bad taste in your palate, I’m not sure what will. 

We are in overload dealing with depressed economic activity and instability, all pointing to greater money woes for the governments and citizenry alike.   There are a few signs that certain parts of the economy are improving, but together they do not add up to enough confidence to believe that we are coming out of this seemingly never-ending “Recession”.

Culturally and socially, we are overloaded to the point of exhaustion in the last stages of a fight for the soul of this country and judging from the score card, we are losing.  With last weeks’ Prop 8 and DOMA (Defense of Marriage Act) decisions by the Supreme Court,  I expect that it will eventually open the flood gates of court cases to force all the states to ultimately accept gay marriage.  Since the definition of marriage is now fungible with any definition, I wouldn’t be surprised if other cases and news is reported about people wanting to marry things, it bothers me just writing about it. 

Meanwhile the president is running around Africa sight-seeing, touting the virtues of gay marriage, (interestingly in countries that outlaw homosexuality) and complaining that he doesn’t  need to get involved with simple hackers that leak sensitive NSA data and our countries secrets.  I will give the President this much, it is at least consistent.   That is, when faced with a tough decision he will always choose to go the way that hurts the US.

With the spy agency scandal, we are put in a conundrum knowing that most everything we do now is recorded;  where not my silence on a particular subject can be deemed an answer regardless of the fact that you actually said - nothing.  

We are watching our rights evaporate right before our eyes. 

As a country, spiritually, we are found very much wanting.   My wife and I were watching the news about the DOMA ruling that came down from the Supreme Court and heard that several of the churches in the DC area had rung their bells for forty-five minutes or so to celebrate it.  All we could do was look at each other and agreed that if God was still protecting this country He will not be for long and that the country is very serious trouble, if not toast.

Spiritually, we are encouraged that it is much that it is better to emphasize what we have in common than our differences.  That usually works better in politics.  When it comes to faith and the spirit, it is a perfect recipe for a disaster of biblical proportions.   If we can’t agree on the groundwork that Jesus is the Son of God, that He died and rose for our sins, and will come again in glory, how can we come to terms?   Do we agree on some very loose moral grounds and backfill the groundwork until we reach a point that we can’t?  By that time, we have been talked into so many things that we don’t recognize that we have become apostate in our original beliefs. 

This, and so much not covered here, just wants to make me cry for my country.

"This know also, that in the last days perilous times shall come. For men shall be lovers of their own selves, covetous, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy, Without natural affection, trucebreakers, false accusers, incontinent, fierce, despisers of those that are good, traitors, heady, high-minded, lovers of pleasures more than lovers of God; Having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof: from such turn away." (2nd Timothy 3:1-5)

I can get upset at the accelerating destruction of my country, the disintegration of the spiritual base,  and the moral compass spinning like a top.   I need to remind myself and remember that it is God that has it all in control.  As brothers and sisters in Christ, we belong to Him and all these problems belong to the world and as Paul wrote here, “from such turn away” and try to remember the 4th of July as it should be, that we declared independence from tyranny, not independence from God.

Maranatha! Even so, come Lord Jesus!