Home | Forums | Bible | +Width | Subscribe | Member Login

Monday, November 20, 2017   10:29:04 AM  

Welcome to The Omega Letter   Daily Briefings Commentary News Room   Contact OL Site Map How Do I?
Testimonials Prophecy Israel Globalism Terror In Defense Around the World War News Witnessing Perspective Commentary

Omega Letter Member Log In

Deuteronomy  33 : 24
And of Asher he said, Let Asher be blessed with children; let him be acceptable to his brethren, and let him dip his foot in oil.
Read Today's Proverb - Chapter 20

Why Subscribe?
Subscribe Online   Online
Subscribe By Mail   By mail
Contribute
Public Registration

Forum

Zeteo 3:16 with Alf and Alesia Cengia

THE END THE BOOK THE SERIES: J.L. Robb

Ready Reasons - Wendy Wippel

The End The Book Part 6

Faith Soaps and Love

Bible Prophecy News Christian Current Events

Daily Brief Commentary Contributed Help Forums

Omega Letter - Commentary Discussion

Special Report: The 'Defeated' Christian
Posted By: Unknown Poster
6/26/2003 9:46:00 AM

Reverse

Original Commentary Link
21 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 19 PrayingPraying

Member Comments:

Very simply...Well said!

Reply # 1 - ReplyTo ID: 1435

Posted By: Unknown Poster -
Date: 6/26/2003 9:48:07 AM
15 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 21 PrayingPraying

Comments:

Hi..Jack.....the only real sin anyone is forever living with , is...rejecting Christ..
bless you today.. Mary

Reply # 2 - ReplyTo ID: 1436

Date: 6/26/2003 9:48:22 AM
20 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 19 PrayingPraying

Comments:

Thinkyou

Reply # 3 - ReplyTo ID: 1437

Date: 6/26/2003 9:56:43 AM
18 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 13 PrayingPraying

Comments:

PRAISE GOD!!!!!THIS SHOULD BE SENT TO MANY PASTORS ACROSS THIS NATION!!!CHARLES STANLEY PREACHED THIS FOR YEARS & WAS RAKED OVER THE COALS AS WAS THE APOSTLE PAUL. I TELL OTHERS, I TELL THEM FROM EXPERIENCE, DON'T GIVE UP, ASK THE LORD TO DELIVER YOU, DON'T CONDEMN YOURSELF EVER..GOD HEARS THE PRAYERS OF HIS PEOPLE AND HE DELIVERS IN HIS OWN TIMING, NOT EVERYONE IS "ZAPPED OVERNIGHT"!!!!!!!!!JUST LOOK HOW OFTEN HE DELIVERED ISRAEL OUT OF BONDAGE!! WHEN PEOPLE TELL ME THAT THEY DON'T BELIEVE IN ONCE SAVED ALWAYS SAVED (IF DONE WITH A SINCERE HEART) I LOOK AT THEM AND ASK "SO, WHAT YOU ARE TELLING ME IS THAT YOU WILL NEVER SIN AGAIN, RIGHT?

Reply # 4 - ReplyTo ID: 1438

Date: 6/26/2003 10:10:35 AM
16 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 17 PrayingPraying

Comments:

Thanks Jack
Thank you for me and the guy i am going to give this article to. Guilt is a powerfull tool of the enemy.

P.S.
If you want to hear it, have i got a story for you.

Brent

Reply # 5 - ReplyTo ID: 1439

Date: 6/26/2003 10:48:07 AM
14 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 17 PrayingPraying

Comments:

interesting.

Reply # 6 - ReplyTo ID: 1440

Date: 6/26/2003 10:53:54 AM
20 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 17 PrayingPraying

Comments:

At least this keeps us from judging those who won't "behave"?

Reply # 7 - ReplyTo ID: 1441

Date: 6/26/2003 11:19:03 AM
19 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 18 PrayingPraying

Comments:

Thank you. This was an excellent commentary, and seemed to be in direct response to a prayer. Thank you again.

Reply # 8 - ReplyTo ID: 1442

Date: 6/26/2003 11:55:44 AM
18 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 18 PrayingPraying

Comments:

The best Omega Letter I have read in a year. I hope that there are no negitive comments. I appreciate the history lessons too. so don't go off on a rant and change much.

Reply # 9 - ReplyTo ID: 1443

Posted By: Jack -
Date: 6/26/2003 12:11:12 PM
14 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 21 PrayingPraying

Comments:

Thanks. I won't.

Jack

Reply # 10 - ReplyTo ID: 1445

Date: 6/26/2003 12:16:26 PM
16 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 18 PrayingPraying

Comments:

Hi Jack. Thank you for the artical. I have often felt like I didn't have enough faith to have my character defects removed by God. I felt there was something wrong with me. I have a question though. My sister is Gay. She is also a Christian. She doesn't see her sin. I don't think she has ever ask God to help her with this. Is she still saved, since her sin is like any other? Thanks, Lisa

Reply # 11 - ReplyTo ID: 1446

Date: 6/26/2003 12:23:33 PM
20 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 18 PrayingPraying

Comments:

Thank you, I'm back in the battle.

Reply # 12 - ReplyTo ID: 1447

Date: 6/26/2003 12:27:51 PM
14 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 16 PrayingPraying

Comments:

Thanks. Your insight came at the right time.
Ernesto

Reply # 13 - ReplyTo ID: 1448

Posted By: Jack -
Date: 6/26/2003 12:28:19 PM
20 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 16 PrayingPraying

Comments:

To 1445
Hi Lisa:

I smell a trap, but I'll bite.

"I have a question though. My sister is Gay. She is also a Christian. She doesn't see her sin. I don't think she has ever ask God to help her with this."

James 4:17 "Therefore to him that knoweth to do good, and doeth it not, to him it is sin."

Secondly, if someone is a born again, saved Christian, their sin debt was settled at the Cross. I find no provision in Scripture for partial payment.

That doesn't mean there aren't ramifications in the here and now. God has a way of pointing out to His children what He finds unacceptable.

Paul writes, "All things are lawful for me, but all things are not expedient: all things are lawful for me, but all things edify not." (1 Corinthians 10:23)

I will not fall into the trap of endorsing a particular sin as more or less sinful, nor will I fall into the other trap of saying sin is ok. It is not.

But sin, repentance and forgiveness is between the sinner and God. You can't fool God.

Jack

Reply # 14 - ReplyTo ID: 1450

Date: 6/26/2003 12:29:24 PM
15 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 19 PrayingPraying

Comments:

Jack: You got my attention with the opening about smoking. I actually started smoking after I was saved. Then as I rededicated my life to Jesus, and after stopping, then starting again, and so on, I have finally (I hope) been able to stay away from smoking. But, as you said, smoking isn't the only sin that I commit and I don't look down on others who cannot or will not quit smoking, etc. I realize that only God knows our hearts and that I certainly have nothing to boast about in whatever victory I have experienced through trusting Jesus to deliver me.

Reply # 15 - ReplyTo ID: 1451

Date: 6/26/2003 12:39:47 PM
22 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 17 PrayingPraying

Comments:

"RIGHT ON" AND THANK YOU. I FORGET SOMETIMES.

Reply # 16 - ReplyTo ID: 1452

Date: 6/26/2003 12:51:00 PM
13 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 18 PrayingPraying

Comments:

very good. Why is it that the "church" (institution) cannot handle the truth.

Reply # 17 - ReplyTo ID: 1453

Date: 6/26/2003 12:52:17 PM
19 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 22 PrayingPraying

Comments:

Wow, so brilliantly done, Mr. Kinsella.

I’ve needed to read those precise words for a long, long time now. Nothing added to them and nothing taken from them – just those precise words. Thank you. Your penmanship is a God-send.

Now if you’ll excuse me, I need to wipe these tears from my eyes, drag myself from this dark and forgotten corner, dust off all these years gone by, re-read Romans 7, have a long talk with God, and find my way back to the front lines.

Peace, Mr. Kinsella.

With sincerity;

CDMc

Reply # 18 - ReplyTo ID: 1454

Date: 6/26/2003 1:03:03 PM
23 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 13 PrayingPraying

Comments:

AMEN!!!

=The Saint= www.tribulationforces.com

Reply # 19 - ReplyTo ID: 1455

Date: 6/26/2003 1:08:10 PM

Comments:

I had to share this with others because it is so true.

Reply # 20 - ReplyTo ID: 1457

Posted By: ann -
Date: 6/26/2003 1:33:55 PM
17 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 14 PrayingPraying

Comments:

Jack I was going to bite , but I bit my lip
well said
GOD BLESS
ann

Reply # 21 - ReplyTo ID: 1458

Date: 6/26/2003 1:41:25 PM
17 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 12 PrayingPraying

Comments:

Infinite to One

The night holds infinite stars
The day Holds but one...
...Yet...
...The light of a whole world shines
By the act of the risen sun

The mind holds infinite thoughts
The heart holds but one...
...And...
...The light of a whole life shines
By the act of the risen Son

'The Lion's Cub'
c.r. June 26, 2003
(copy and distribute freely in His honor)

Reply # 22 - ReplyTo ID: 1459

Date: 6/26/2003 1:41:39 PM
17 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 14 PrayingPraying

Comments:

C'mon peoples! Man those trenches! There's a war waging that's been placed on the front burner and it's about to boil over! We are 'the generation' referred to in Matthew 24. Our Lord, thru Jack Kinsella's witfull commentary, is right. We've got to do this for each other, and for others, and in His honor! With all that's awaiting on our plate to be dealt with, there's no way there should be any time left over for sinning! True, though the fact still remains that while we are each fulfilling our own Divine chosen graces, sin seeks us out, we don't even have to look for it. Sin attacks us and, so many times, even overcomes us. Leaves us trembling in the bondage of guilt. That's the design, fellow soldiers. Thank God we're all in this together - for each other, and for others, and in His honor!

Peace Always, 'The Lion's Cub'

Reply # 23 - ReplyTo ID: 1460

Date: 6/26/2003 2:12:46 PM
17 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 18 PrayingPraying

Comments:

EXCELLENT COMMENTARY!!!! I FEEL LIKE YOU WERE TALKING JUST TO ME! I NEEDED SO BAD TO HEAR THAT!!! AS I HAVE STRUGGLE FOR YEARS WITH THE SIN OF SMOKING! AND AS YOU SAID ALWAYS FEEL DEFEATED..BUT NOT ANY MORE!!!! THANK YOU !! I TOO HAVE ALWAYS WONDER ABOUT PAUL'S AFFLICTION AND HAD EVEN HOPED IT WAS SOME SIN. THANK YOU AND MAY THE GOOD LORD CONTINUE TO BLESS YOU WITH HIS GREAT WISDOM! RESPECTFULLY YOURS, JOAN GREEN

Reply # 24 - ReplyTo ID: 1461

Date: 6/26/2003 2:23:12 PM
13 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 12 PrayingPraying

Comments:

Hi Jack,

Thanks for your insight and candid expression - the article pertains to me personally and Jesus is speaking to me through it.

I would also add the following: I have heard it said that peace is the absence of guilt so it seems to me that being consumed by sin and guilt steals your PEACE in addition to your victory!!

May the Lord continue to Bless your Ministry.

Thanks,
Nathan

Reply # 25 - ReplyTo ID: 1462

Date: 6/26/2003 2:25:12 PM
16 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 23 PrayingPraying

Comments:

god bless u,
i myself have a reacurring sin, it has nearly crippled my marriage w/ my wife i am younge and i am still looking for the meat of the bible, the commentaries like this one, are very helpful

thanx

---b

Reply # 26 - ReplyTo ID: 1463

Posted By: DanaMiller -
Date: 6/26/2003 2:31:25 PM
22 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 15 PrayingPraying

Comments:

God Bless you Jack Kinsella! "The Defeated Christian" is the most truth I have heard in a long time. There are millions of saved and unsaved that need to understand this. Bless you for having enough strength to stand up to Satan and defeat him at his little game of accusation. Even though I am a Southern Baptist,one of my favorite sayings to those who use the excuse of "churches are full of hypocrites" is: I go to this church with the rest of the sinners to worship God but my allegiance is to the one true church, and that is the body of my King Jesus Christ! When I hear my masters voice I am out of here and finally cleaned in the blood of the Lamb Of God!
Praise God!, we don'tdeserve his grace. I am forever his.
A defender of the faith; Dana Miller

Reply # 27 - ReplyTo ID: 1464

Date: 6/26/2003 2:40:51 PM
18 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 18 PrayingPraying

Comments:

Most awesome article I have ever read!! It is certainly the truth. I am a married father of four and accepted Christ 5 years ago (for real) but still struggle with things that many so called believers won't even discuss. We aren't fooling God are we? I will print this article and show it to many. Thank you

Reply # 28 - ReplyTo ID: 1465

Date: 6/26/2003 3:12:11 PM
18 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 16 PrayingPraying

Comments:

Amen! Excellent commentary!

Reply # 29 - ReplyTo ID: 1466

Date: 6/26/2003 3:42:42 PM
17 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 21 PrayingPraying

Comments:

You hit the nail on the head with this one, Jack. Keep up the great work!

Thank You,
Jeff Murphy
jbnd@mindspring.com

Reply # 30 - ReplyTo ID: 1467

Date: 6/26/2003 3:51:43 PM
16 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 21 PrayingPraying

Comments:

I would like to respond to Lisa's question.. Yes, we all have weaknesses, My weakness is not the same as yours or that of your sister. When we accepted the Grace of God, we were given new life, but we still live in the same flesh body. That body will die someday and scripture says that death is our last enemy. So,we are still sinners. However, I think we need to call sin what it is. It is possible for us to be immature and not recognize some of our sin,but when the word of God reveals truth us, such as thou shalt not lie, we need to believe that lieing is sin. We may continue to lie because it is our weakness,but when we recognnize our weakness we join forces with God against the old man. Remember, God is for us not against us.

Reply # 31 - ReplyTo ID: 1468

Date: 6/26/2003 3:54:23 PM
15 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 17 PrayingPraying

Comments:

Thank you. I needed the defeated Christian article.

Reply # 32 - ReplyTo ID: 1469

Date: 6/26/2003 4:06:04 PM

Comments:

Well, I have to say that this encouraging to me because I am one that keeps making the same mistakes over and over.

Reply # 33 - ReplyTo ID: 1470

Date: 6/26/2003 4:07:06 PM

Comments:

Thank you so much for this commentary.

Reply # 34 - ReplyTo ID: 1471

Date: 6/26/2003 4:22:57 PM

Comments:

I just want to say thank you.... This article has helped me more than you can possibly know.

Reply # 35 - ReplyTo ID: 1472

Date: 6/26/2003 4:35:48 PM
16 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 16 PrayingPraying

Comments:

Stop calling smoking a sin! It's a bad habit because it is not a healthy habit. I heard of a person who asked God to take aware the desire and to set him free from this bad habit. Then, every time he took up a cigarette he thanked the Lord for delivering him.......In a few weeks...he lost the dsire and stopped smoking. Mark 11:24 We call all use Mark ll:24 to help us get over what we don't want in our lives. We must speak the desired result. Be encouraged!

Reply # 36 - ReplyTo ID: 1473

Date: 6/26/2003 4:45:36 PM

Comments:

I am one of those persons that struggle from day to day. Being diagnosed as Manic Depressive, I do not always feel in full control of some of the things that I do. Then I beat myself up when all is said and done. I love God and I do study the word. I do not attend church regularly because of the insecurity that I do not fit. It would be so nice to be able to find a good church in my area where the Holy spirit is allowed to flow freely, as the last ones that I attended didn't and that really bothered me. I ask for your prayers that I will find where God want me to be.

Reply # 37 - ReplyTo ID: 1474

Date: 6/26/2003 4:48:16 PM

Comments:

Amen! By the way, when I go to church, I leave my cigarettes in my shirt pocket. Thanks. J.R.

Reply # 38 - ReplyTo ID: 1475

Posted By: werner -
Date: 6/26/2003 5:07:50 PM
19 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 19 PrayingPraying

Comments:

I just wanted to say Amen! and thank you for that excellent article. I believe the Lord will use it to help many of our brothers and sisters. It certainly helped me! Maranatha!

John

Reply # 39 - ReplyTo ID: 1476

Posted By: Jeshua's lil_sister -
Date: 6/26/2003 5:13:00 PM
21 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 18 PrayingPraying

Comments:

Please take time to read these words of Jesus.....Luke Chapter 18 verses 9-14. I think these words vindicate Mr Jack's action in what he wrote! By the way it would be so wonderful if all the unregistered would register and support Omega Letter with a subscription or even an offering so as to keep it going. also it can be a way of saying thanks to all those who work so hard to give us a really splendid space on the net where we can share, and learn, and grow in Grace together, as we watch and pray for the Coming King.

Reply # 40 - ReplyTo ID: 1477

Date: 6/26/2003 5:27:41 PM
14 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 20 PrayingPraying

Comments:

Thank you Jack for such a wonderful article.

Reply # 41 - ReplyTo ID: 1478

Posted By: Lou -
Date: 6/26/2003 5:46:12 PM
15 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 18 PrayingPraying

Comments:

I am one of those persons that struggle from day to day. Being diagnosed as Manic Depressive,
===========
Think I wrote the book on Manic Depression, still have problems with Post Traumatic Stress Disorder that shrinks only made worse, can read some about it here-- http://grunt.space.swri.edu/loutplei.htm

Being among large groups always triggers episodes that I got very tired of apologizing for, why it helped to be among christians who were just like me, walking through the fire togeather without feeling the heat, but when the church fails to be a hospital then folks have missed their calling, church never established for people who have all the right stuff and no need of a physician, we are what the church is about or should be about,
Mt 9:10 And it came to pass, as Jesus sat at meat in the house, behold, many publicans and sinners came and sat down with him and his disciples.
11 And when the Pharisees saw it, they said unto his disciples, Why eateth your Master with publicans and sinners?
12 But when Jesus heard that, he said unto them, They that be whole need not a physician, but they that are sick.
13 But go ye and learn what that meaneth, I will have mercy, and not sacrifice: for I am not come to call the righteous, but sinners to repentance.

Lu 14:12 Then said he also to him that bade him, When thou makest a dinner or a supper, call not thy friends, nor thy brethren, neither thy kinsmen, nor thy rich neighbours; lest they also bid thee again, and a recompence be made thee.
13 But when thou makest a feast, call the poor, the maimed, the lame, the blind:
14 And thou shalt be blessed; for they cannot recompense thee: for thou shalt be recompensed at the resurrection of the just.

I use to complain a lot about the failures of people who I had gone to for help and sometimes would be arrested instead, why God just used my own room to be a place of receiving intensive care one on one, given grace to trust the promises of God, Jer 29:13 And ye shall seek me, and find me, when ye shall search for me with all your heart. I had been conditioned to focus on the problems rather than the Physician who heals them in His own time and way. Nothing we can bring before God that is news to Him, He just wants to hear and interact with us, the spirit He has given to be a whole new person is one that can not sin, only our sin nature hangs us up and have to pack that around for as long as we are on the planet.

Amazing how God can put the ball back in our lap when we see things that need fixing, God would always start with me first and finding that this was where most of the real problems were at, I needed fixing, overhaul, finding this to be a process rather than a project, grace given to cover our mistakes along the way, never going to be sinless while on the planet, but just sin less.

Lu 22:32 But I have prayed for thee, that thy faith fail not: and when thou art converted, strengthen thy brethren.
Jesus said this to Peter but it applies to us as well, no way to lose with Jesus praying for us and never stops.

Ro 8:31 What shall we then say to these things? If God be for us, who can be against us?

Reply # 42 - ReplyTo ID: 1479

Posted By: LovemyLORD -
Date: 6/26/2003 6:04:10 PM
15 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 20 PrayingPraying

Comments:

Wow what a response! Not one single negative comment. I agree with ID#1476 - If you were touched by this article, we members would love to have you join us.

I also wanted to respond to ID#1461 "it seems to me that being consumed by sin and guilt steals your PEACE in addition to your victory" - AMEN -

What a rut we get caught in with guilt. When we feel guilty and shameful, and as if we will never be victorious, isn't it easier to continue our sins, because we feel we will never overcome? It's only when you drop the guilt, look Satan in the eye and say, "you can't make me feel bad, because I have Jesus, and with Jesus anything is possible!" And when we begin to feel good about ourselves, we begin to see that we WILL be victorious through Jesus! And THEN we can break that viscious circle of sin and guilt that satan traps us in!! Thank you, Jesus.

Reply # 43 - ReplyTo ID: 1480

Date: 6/26/2003 6:16:56 PM
14 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 17 PrayingPraying

Comments:

HOW REFRESHING!!! I'm sure you probably know several of those well intentioned people who were out in the kitchen. So little time left, and yet so many are still in the kitchen. In many churches, there is WAY to much religion and not nearly enough Christianity. But then, religion is man made - isn't it? So are country clubs. Perhaps therein lies a portion of the problem.

Reply # 44 - ReplyTo ID: 1481

Date: 6/26/2003 6:35:29 PM
15 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 22 PrayingPraying

Comments:

Thanks Brother Kinsella. We need to hear the truth no matter what. I got the victory through Christ Jesus. AMEN!AMEN!

Reply # 45 - ReplyTo ID: 1482

Date: 6/26/2003 6:44:31 PM
23 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 18 PrayingPraying

Comments:

Wonderful distinction between Law and Gospel!!! A must read for those that are pummeled every Sunday by pastors that do not have your understanding. Thanks!

Reply # 46 - ReplyTo ID: 1483

Posted By: JoeButler -
Date: 6/26/2003 6:52:31 PM
18 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 20 PrayingPraying

Comments:

I cannot remember if I thanked you for this article.., so in case I did not.., THANK YOU!!!

Joe Butler
Temecula, CA

Reply # 47 - ReplyTo ID: 1484

Date: 6/26/2003 7:03:12 PM
15 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 23 PrayingPraying

Comments:

Jack -- truly wonderfully written, and filled
with love and empathy. Well done.

Reply # 48 - ReplyTo ID: 1486

Date: 6/26/2003 7:13:16 PM
19 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 21 PrayingPraying

Comments:

Jack -- truly wonderfully written, and filled
with love and empathy. Well done.

Reply # 49 - ReplyTo ID: 1487

Date: 6/26/2003 7:59:07 PM

Comments:

Wow. I really never thought of it that way. I'll never forget that night when I asked Jesue to save me. It was like a light bulb came on in my head. It was crystal clear to me that I was lost and needed to be saved. I went down to the front of the auditorium and a friend, one of the church deacons, met me there. I told him I needed to be saved. He took me through what is called "The Roman Road" in scripture. It was like hearing these scriptures for the first time, even though I had heard them a many times before. I sincerely asked Jesus to save me and true to his Word, he did. I experienced a peace that I have not known before since. Kind of odd that I did not really have a problem with sin until I was saved, or was it that I became more aware of sin? Either way, I'll be glad to hear that trumpet!!!

Reply # 50 - ReplyTo ID: 1488

Date: 6/26/2003 8:30:01 PM
14 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 15 PrayingPraying

Comments:

i have been thinking this for some time now. i really believe you are onto a truth that is so simple we stumble over it with our 'christianity'. truly jesus did it all for us, god wants our hearts and behavior will change from the inside out. habits are not a deterent to gods love. to be in this world and not of its way of behaving. he teaches us to love and to forgive and desires fellowship with him in our everyday life.

Reply # 51 - ReplyTo ID: 1489

Date: 6/26/2003 8:37:16 PM

Comments:

Wow! Is there a sequal to this? Please?

Reply # 52 - ReplyTo ID: 1490

Date: 6/26/2003 9:27:21 PM
23 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 15 PrayingPraying

Comments:

BEAUTIFULLY WRITTEN! And I agree wholeheartedly!
We are mere mortals, and we sin. God is perfect, and he forgives. THANK GOODNESS!!!

Reply # 53 - ReplyTo ID: 1491

Date: 6/26/2003 9:40:54 PM
19 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 15 PrayingPraying

Comments:

So if I trust my salvation despite probelm sin that God will show himself as I PROVE my FAITHFULness? (Perhaps 3 days in prayer closet)?? When I initially had the filling of Spirit I no longer had the desire to walk into sin, but wanted out of it despite the difficulty & he was always there. But, I began drinking a few months later - it started with one beer, yet, I would constantly admit to God I knew what I was doing was wrong but that I wasn't intending to walk away from him (a "way" of saying yes to God- just not right now). Wow, did I ever come under conviction for that. I really would prefer to think even now in the Last days that climbing from the wreck of sin would involve more of a love relationship with the Creator than just not smoking, and you made that clear enough. But I wonder about living as a neutral Christian devoid of power and perhaps it wil mean that, and without heavenly reward- by the skin of my teeth. AM I still willing- YES!!
Sean Newhouse

Reply # 54 - ReplyTo ID: 1492

Date: 6/26/2003 9:54:24 PM
22 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 15 PrayingPraying

Comments:

Hello...

Reply # 55 - ReplyTo ID: 1493

Date: 6/26/2003 10:05:31 PM

Comments:

Hey!!

Reply # 56 - ReplyTo ID: 1494

Date: 6/26/2003 10:44:30 PM
17 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 16 PrayingPraying

Comments:

I went to those churches that raise their hands in praise, speak in tongues with an interpreter,have services where people fall on the floor slain in the spirit, have demons cast out. I even accepted the Lord "as my personal savior".That was when I was 15.I searched and wondered all my life about God after that as I went on to college married etc. At age 40 I lost my child and went to the Word of God myself and asked. That my fellow bretheren changed me and my life.I no longer listen to any preacher or teacher unless they teach God's Word line by line chapter by chapter.I know of 2 teachers like that so far. I cannot find a church to attend that teaches in this manner. How typical of these final days of this flesh age.We are in a famine for hearing the Word of God.

Reply # 57 - ReplyTo ID: 1495

Date: 6/26/2003 10:56:29 PM

Comments:

Well, you know, there are things any Christian can at least do in the meantime to work on those sins. They were talking about this today on New Life Live on AM 820 KGNW (Seattle). Whether it's going to meetings for "any" addiction- praying at those times it';s difficult- he's always there whether one truly believes it or not. I heard of one lady who just consistently kept praying that she'd be relieved of the "need to smoke"- eventually God just kicked the habit straight clean right outa her!!!!!

Reply # 58 - ReplyTo ID: 1496

Date: 6/26/2003 10:58:44 PM
22 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 18 PrayingPraying

Comments:

It's the fact that you're willing to work on it. True, our relationship with God is first, but it's still important to God that we work with him on them as God hates sin- thankfully he loves the person. We can stress overcoming sin and loving the Lord at the same time. Great article!

Reply # 59 - ReplyTo ID: 1497

Date: 6/26/2003 11:04:24 PM
21 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 16 PrayingPraying

Comments:

Amen Jack! A primo commentary on a very important topic. Satan has intoxicated the world with his evil and godlessness. Hence, most of the world is unaware as he moves into position for his final act. And that's the way he wants to keep it, unaware. Using guilt, one of his most effective weapons, he's able to keep multitudes of Christians from sounding the alarm. Imagine the difference it would make if we all reminded ourselves daily "Jesus did it ALL". Never before in the history of mankind has the phrase "The time is now!" been more true. Thank you so much Jack, and God Bless you!

Reply # 60 - ReplyTo ID: 1498

Date: 6/26/2003 11:34:18 PM
20 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 20 PrayingPraying

Comments:

Jack,

What ever happened to 1 John 1:9 "If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness (unknown sins). This is a command for the believer so that he/she may be filled with the Holy Spirit a maximum amount of the time. Meaning that he/she needs to keep short accounts on their sins then to confess them to the Father thru Jesus Christ. Wow! this is Grace all the way. When they are filled with the Spirit they are able to take in Bible Doctrine and by taking in Doctrine become mature Believers.

Gary from California

Reply # 61 - ReplyTo ID: 1499

Date: 6/26/2003 11:35:07 PM

Comments:

Jack,
this has spoken to my heart deeply and given me hope and great courage to battle on always!
Bless you,
Mark

Reply # 62 - ReplyTo ID: 1500

Date: 6/26/2003 11:50:58 PM

Comments:

I needed to hear that. By the way, what coffee is appropriate for those in denial?

Reply # 63 - ReplyTo ID: 1501

Date: 6/27/2003 12:48:30 AM
18 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 17 PrayingPraying

Comments:

I never thought of smoking as a sin, so I've never felt any guilt. Some think drinking wine is a sin, but I can only find in the Bible that intoxication is sinful. The Lord gave us the ability to enjoy so many pleasures in life, but only within limits. Things such as sex can be sinful or not depending on our keeping God's will in mind. I don't find anything in the Bible which leads me to believe My Cigarette with morning coffee is a sin. I would appreciate feedback. If I am wrong, it won't be the first or last time. Thanks, Rene

Reply # 64 - ReplyTo ID: 1502

Date: 6/27/2003 1:21:19 AM
19 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 17 PrayingPraying

Comments:

Jesus -

thank you for paying the price i could never pay. I hate sin. I will pursavere to the end even though porn has it 's painful grip on my body, it does not hold on to my soul!!! Help me from not sinning cause i want you to be happy with me. Love Dusty B.

Reply # 65 - ReplyTo ID: 1503

Date: 6/27/2003 2:44:28 AM
24 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 16 PrayingPraying

Comments:

what confused me the most was the fact he kept using me over and over again to comfort, aid, bless others in so many different ways....when so many better Christains seemed so less effective...I mean how could he keep utilizing me when I am such a failure at so much...Just know how tremendously, deeply, gratefull I am to him that he can bless me that way...thank you for providing me with answers and understanding...
I agree with you regardless of our opinion of ourselves we have to get out there and do battle for these are the last days...plus I got tired of obsessing about myself (faults)instead of others(needs)....myself I got flat out bored of it a while back...and decided that in itself was selfish(my self obsession(faults)...

Reply # 66 - ReplyTo ID: 1504

Date: 6/27/2003 4:24:27 AM
14 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 21 PrayingPraying

Comments:

amen

Reply # 67 - ReplyTo ID: 1505

Date: 6/27/2003 4:42:43 AM
23 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 18 PrayingPraying

Comments:

Bravo Jack! Bravo! When I shake your hand I will know your nose will know my cigarette sin and you will aknowledge my blessing as well, to have come to know Faith, that is not of this world but in it, as we council together in His Name.

Reply # 68 - ReplyTo ID: 1506

Date: 6/27/2003 5:02:33 AM
21 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 20 PrayingPraying

Comments:

Great commentary!! You just confirmed something that I have been learning for a couple of years now. I accepted the Lord as my saviour when I was 12 and am now 49. I am still learning the ways of the Lord. I am a smoker and I used to be really ashamed, but just could not get motivated to quit no matter how much I prayed about it. Now I know that if the Lord wants me to quit it will be in His time and His way so that He will be glorified by it. Now, when other Christians tell me that I shouldn't smoke, I tell them they need to take that up with my Father!!

Reply # 69 - ReplyTo ID: 1507

Date: 6/27/2003 7:00:37 AM

Comments:

Dear Mr. Kinsella,

The article was very insightful,and very true!
It isn't about a " license to sin",but about forgiveness. My life has been full of trials and some major tribulations, and sometimes I felt like giving up. I thought God was punishing me for some hidden sin I hadn't confessed. I was very confused...thought God wasn't listening. Or maybe the devil was targeting me specifically ( how vain of me).Then I realized it was just life. Its how you deal with it that matters. Its not a easy road, but somehow I manage to get down it, maybe with a few bumps and bruises, but I'm still able to travel.
Thank you for reminding us that we are human, with weaknesses and strengths. My prayers now include the desire to be able to get back up and start again when life decides to kick ya to the ground..and so far, My prayers have been answered.

Dolly Schmitt

Reply # 70 - ReplyTo ID: 1508

Date: 6/27/2003 7:34:45 AM

Comments:

I had to stay here when you others got coffee. I have a besetting sin, which I am (temporarily?) free from. I feel guilty even doubting my permanent deliverance from it.
But Brother Jack has nailed it here, I think (hope). The greatest doubt I ever have for my own salvation comes after I stumble again. But the Lord Jesus said on the cross "It is finished!" Did Christ not know at that moment that I would fall again in December of 2003? Did He not pay for ALL my sins?
I've come to think that the 'believe' in 'believe in the Lord and you will be saved' is one of those active verbs with the 'keep on doing it' connotation.
Thanks, Brother Jack. I needed this!

Reply # 71 - ReplyTo ID: 1509

Posted By: Peggy -
Date: 6/27/2003 8:30:41 AM

Comments:

I think I have found a home here. I have searched many Websites trying to find a place that I could get support from others. I had an unregistered post yesterday and would like to thank someone for replying to it.

Reply # 72 - ReplyTo ID: 1510

Date: 6/27/2003 8:39:14 AM

Comments:

Thanks - balm for where it hurts most. Christ did it all or I most certainly will end up in hell for some sins result in permanent (bodily)consequences for this earthly lifetime. - I am not talking about smoking-
Rachel (deputy chief among sinners)

Reply # 73 - ReplyTo ID: 1511

Posted By: Sheldon -
Date: 6/27/2003 8:47:54 AM
22 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 16 PrayingPraying

Comments:

Hi Peggy,

If you are looking for a home you have found it here. Welcome to the club.

While we still go to church, I love coming on line and chatting with the other OL members.

It has given me encouragement on some bad days. Also, has given me some great ideas for topics for a bible study that I am involved with leading weekly.

But most importantly, it is nice to know that other Christians are also human and wrestle with issues in their lives just like the rest of us.

Reply # 74 - ReplyTo ID: 1512

Date: 6/27/2003 9:53:47 AM
14 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 18 PrayingPraying

Comments:

Thank you so much for writing this. It came at the perfect time, just what I needed to hear. I once heard an Episcopal reverend say that the words above any church door should say "hospital for sinners". Ain't it the truth!

Reply # 75 - ReplyTo ID: 1514

Date: 6/27/2003 10:19:05 AM

Comments:

Excellent article, Jack! May I make just one small suggestion? In the 4th paragragh from the bottom that starts, "Take heart! Don't let the fact you are a sinner steal your victory.", wouldn't it be more accurate for it to read, "Take heart! Don't let the fact you are a SAINT WHO SINS steal your victory." I know it sounds picky but our old nature -- 'sinner' -- really is dead. It is the flesh and it's indwelling sin (old thought patterns traced and burned onto that 'meatloaf' inside our skulls) that has us sinning over and over again -- "...the BODY of this death."
For what it's worth...
---Dave. davedlugos@aol.com

Reply # 76 - ReplyTo ID: 1516

Posted By: veronica -
Date: 6/27/2003 10:34:08 AM

Comments:

My goodness Jack! I guess their was a need! PTL!

Reply # 77 - ReplyTo ID: 1517

Date: 6/27/2003 11:18:43 AM

Comments:

I am so grateful for your encouraging comments. I praise GOD that he has used you to put these sins into perspective. I have always believed that Christ died for me but this was only mental acquience (formerly catholic). I accepted the Lord about 3 years ago, and have made a commitment. I have so much passion in learning all about him and even speaking about Him brings me so much joy (sometimes my heart is just bursting with love for Him). When I was saved, the first thing He took away from me was secular music, and as months go by, other things have changed also. I am still dealing with smoking, and I do get convicted, and feel guilty; but I know deep down in my heart, eventually he will take the taste away from me. I can't do this without Him and I will wait upon my Lord for that. God Bless you always!

Reply # 78 - ReplyTo ID: 1518

Date: 6/27/2003 11:27:10 AM
39 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 19 PrayingPraying

Comments:

What a uplifting article.i saw myself thru out it.

Reply # 79 - ReplyTo ID: 1519

Date: 6/27/2003 11:29:46 AM
15 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 23 PrayingPraying

Comments:

What a uplifting article.i saw myself thru out it.

Reply # 80 - ReplyTo ID: 1520

Date: 6/27/2003 11:43:36 AM

Comments:

Good grief! A person that smokes is a sinner? Get a grip please...

Reply # 81 - ReplyTo ID: 1522

Date: 6/27/2003 12:13:47 PM
21 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 14 PrayingPraying

Comments:

"It is incumbent upon a Christian to try and live a more Christ-like life, but the dichotomy is that the Bible says it is impossible."

You say the Bible says it is impossible to live a Christ like life I disagree with you. The Bible says we are to be Christ like, but I agree we will never by as perfect as Christ until our glorification and arrival in Heaven. From my point of view as a reader it seems you should of put a little more emphasis on staying in the battle than just accepting the besetting sin and giving up. There was not much hope in your letter for those of us with a besetting sin, including me. Rick A.

Reply: If you want hope, it is that Jesus did it all. If it were possible to live a sinless life, we wouldn't need a Savior. It isn't a question of 'accepting a besetting sin', it is a recognition that for some sincere, born again Christians who KNOW how hard they try and how hard they pray, the besetting sin remains. And because of that, many leave the battlefield in defeat. According to the majority of the responses here, many are now back on the line.

Reply # 82 - ReplyTo ID: 1524

Date: 6/27/2003 12:40:59 PM
23 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 15 PrayingPraying

Comments:

Thank you.

Reply # 83 - ReplyTo ID: 1525

Date: 6/27/2003 1:30:53 PM
14 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 16 PrayingPraying

Comments:

Thank you, Mr. Kinsella, for this commentary. I did not go to the kitchen, but rather, I related very personally to the points you made. Every Christian needs to be reminded of the points you make. I definitely want to keep my appointment--with my face turned upward in obiedience and a joyful heart. Your commentaries help remind me of the importance of doing just that. May the Lord continue to bless you and the work you're doing.

Reply # 84 - ReplyTo ID: 1526

Date: 6/27/2003 2:15:06 PM
13 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 14 PrayingPraying

Comments:

Thank you for this artivle, I have been struggling with smoking for 27 years. It is an ongoing struggle for me . I have not stopped witnessing etc. as I know my best Friend still loves me and knows I am a saved sinner that looks forward to sinless perfection in the New Jerusalem. Bless you, Pat Timmon

Reply # 85 - ReplyTo ID: 1527

Date: 6/27/2003 2:22:53 PM

Comments:

Everybody is a sinner, don't need to itemize and none have any room for finding fault, why Jack left a blank for folks to fill in the space with whatever they seem to be on a guilt trip about.

Sin just means "missing the mark of perfection" but habitual sin means we are enslaved by something we can not break away from, not truly free until we can say no to things that hold us in its grip and those are the things God says we can be free of even if it is little by little.

Joh 8:36 If the Son therefore shall make you free, ye shall be free indeed.

Reply # 86 - ReplyTo ID: 1528

Date: 6/27/2003 2:46:51 PM
21 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 16 PrayingPraying

Comments:

Completely moving sir, thank you so much

Reply # 87 - ReplyTo ID: 1529

Posted By: IanYoung -
Date: 6/27/2003 3:25:53 PM
17 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 15 PrayingPraying

Comments:

Fantastic commentary. Most insightful words on the subject, yet. Jack, if you wrote a book of devotions, I'd DEFINITELY buy it. Brilliant!

Reply # 88 - ReplyTo ID: 1531

Date: 6/27/2003 3:56:48 PM

Comments:

hi had to respond: was thinking about how God changed my life and little by little I stoped those bad habbits with THE Power of the holy spirit help. but I was thinking about the grace of God it took me many years through much pain to really get it,We hear about Gods love and power but to hear things and know it in your spirit and soul seems so much different,sometimes the things I thought I new about God turned out different)after living life God showed me we dont always have all the answers and can not put God in a box---God never gives up on his children.after much pain I found its better not to judge outher people but I want to be an holy example for there eyes to see and give outhers hope that if God can change my life he can change them to(LOVE never fails) .any how thank you for your great writing gail

Reply # 89 - ReplyTo ID: 1533

Date: 6/27/2003 6:06:53 PM

Comments:

Hi Jack:

Great article. I think there are many similarities between trying to walk a holy life and "yo-yo" dieting.

The sincere Christian gets inspired to walk with God and keeps it up for a while until he or she has a bad day; gets beaten up at the office or hurt by their spouse. When that Christian starts to feel "down" and God's Spirit feels far away, then that Christian is vulnerable to reach for whatever they feel might patch up their wounds short term - and sometimes the most convenient thing is a sin.

Naturally, this leads to remorse and self-loathing and eventually a renewed attempt to start all over again.

The trick is breaking the cycle so that defeat happens less often. Granted we will never be rid of failure completely, but fighting the good fight means we don't give up and stop trying, but we persevere until the Holy Spirit has the upper hand in our lives at least most of the time.

Reply # 90 - ReplyTo ID: 1534

Date: 6/27/2003 6:27:56 PM
14 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 19 PrayingPraying

Comments:

Thank you so much for these words of confort and encouragement for those of us who "sit at the back pew" and yet will lead angels and saints for our Lord who will not forsake us.

Reply # 91 - ReplyTo ID: 1535

Date: 6/27/2003 6:56:36 PM
17 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 17 PrayingPraying

Comments:

It's too bad we have so many christians with addictions. I can see if a new believer may still have an addiction, but for the rest of us there is no excuse. What is the point of having the Holy Spirit if we can't "overcome" our sins. I have overcome all of my addictions because I asked God to deliever me. God WILL give you a way, but you have to decide if you want a way out or not. Let's see what the bible says-

Gal 5:19 Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these; Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness,
Gal 5:20 Idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance, emulations, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies,
Gal 5:21 Envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings, and such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have also told you in time past, that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God.
Gal 5:24 And they that are Christ's have crucified the flesh with the affections and lusts.

Reply # 92 - ReplyTo ID: 1536

Date: 6/27/2003 7:12:56 PM
23 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 17 PrayingPraying

Comments:

I really needed this commentary. I sound just like the smoker. Because I have been one and feeling guilty about it. I am in my second week of trying to quit---AGAIN. I plan to make it this time. I have hurt my health and cannot continue this insane habit. I know Christ can forgive me for the damage I have inflicted on my body. I just wish I had quit sooner.

Reply # 93 - ReplyTo ID: 1537

Posted By: RichardIvy -
Date: 6/27/2003 7:32:55 PM

Comments:

I am not sure most people need to be deleived from drinking. A social drinker is not commeting a sin by taking a drink and alcoholic has a disease. I am one and it is Jesus Christ's power that keeps me from having a drink which would always lead to another. The point is that He is not deleivering me from a sin but from participating in a disese that could kill me which by the way the AMA recognizes as a disease not a sin.

Reply # 94 - ReplyTo ID: 1538

Date: 6/27/2003 8:29:17 PM
21 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 14 PrayingPraying

Comments:

Thank you so much for this article. As a smoker, I can more than relate to it. I am saving it to my computer, and will be reading it regularly.
God Bless,
Heather

Reply # 95 - ReplyTo ID: 1539

Date: 6/27/2003 8:36:01 PM
12 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 18 PrayingPraying

Comments:

Sorry Jack, but smoking doesn't sent you to hell, it just makes you smell like you've already been there. "ye shall know them by the fruit they bare" not by whether they smoke or not. "everything that is not of faith is sin" The Lord saved me by grace, not of works, least any man should boast. I smoke and am proud of it. Anybody that believes that smoking is bad for you will also believe that salt is bad for you. My body is the temple of God. I also eat salt. If the Lord calls me home, before the rapture, I hope He has salt and tobacco for my glorified body. I can witness to people that you can't witness to. We both have our duties as the body of Christ. Please don't belittle me for my role in His church, and I won't belittle you for looking down your nose at me. Respectfully, in Christ, HLGrant

Since you are making the same argument I make in the column, I must assume you only read the first couple of paragraphs.

Reply # 96 - ReplyTo ID: 1540

Date: 6/27/2003 8:44:18 PM

Comments:

Jack Great article...I was not one who went to the kitchen. I have known the LORD for 28 years now and I just can't seem to stomache Church anymore. I haven't been to Church for over two years. I also find it extremely hard to pray and read the scriptures evry single day 3x a day like some say you should do.

I was releaved to hear that GOD does love me because I really do need HIM!

Yet I have an internet ministry that helps people to know what the Bible says about the days we are living.

Now I understand how this could be...GOD just loves me and knows how bothered I am about my condition and wants to set me free from my guilt!

Thank you Jack for the Pastoral Counselling session, it truly was one of the best I have encountered and needed right now!

Reply # 97 - ReplyTo ID: 1541

Date: 6/27/2003 9:48:25 PM

Comments:

Dear Jack, I read your commentary, not one of those who "went to the kitchen". When I have my nightly prayers I thank our Father, and the Lord Jesus Christ that he is sending me a "miracle" to be delivered from smoking. Please keep me in your prayers. May our Precious Savior bless and keep you, "may he cause his face to shine upon you" M. in Missouri

Reply # 98 - ReplyTo ID: 1542

Date: 6/27/2003 10:09:32 PM
23 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 12 PrayingPraying

Comments:

GOD BLESS YOU FOR THE ARTICLE ON DEFEATED CHRISTIAN,FOR IT IS I.I PRINTING OFF COPIES TO GIVE OUT

Reply # 99 - ReplyTo ID: 1543

Date: 6/27/2003 10:57:01 PM
18 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 24 PrayingPraying

Comments:

Hello all
Thank you Jack
About smoking ...
It is a sin .. Now hold on I'm a smoker been trying to quit . I'm in bondage which one day the chains will be broken. No I'm not perfect by any means .
I am a defeated christian , but that was the only way GOD could get my attention. He showed me his Grace that I maybe whole one day . He also show me that I do not have to live up to mans stander ether . For I am saved through grace by faith . And if I believe THE SON OF GOD DIED ON THE CROSS FOR MY SINS I SHALL BE SAVED .
BELIEVE IN JESUS,FOR HE IS COMING SOON
ann

Reply # 100 - ReplyTo ID: 1546

Date: 6/28/2003 12:26:53 AM
17 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 20 PrayingPraying

Comments:

THANK YOU I'M A TWENTY-FIVE YEAR SMOKER WHO GOT SAVED THIRTY-THREE YEARS AGO. THANK YOU FOR LETTING ME KNOW IT'S OKAY TO WANT TO SHOUT AND PRAISE THE LORD, EVEN IF I CAN'T SEEM TO QUIT SMOKING YET..I'LL STILL KEEP TRYING TO QUIT, BUT THANKS ...............CARRIE

Reply # 101 - ReplyTo ID: 1547

Date: 6/28/2003 12:41:24 AM
20 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 22 PrayingPraying

Comments:

As one who had a very hard time forgiving myself after I allowed myself to be unequally yoked when I was 18; and as a result was raped. I beat myself up for over 5 years because I thought that it was my fault. No one in the church I was attending seemed to want to help me. I was suicidal, angry and abandoned (I thought). All I knew is that I had broken a promise that I made to God that I would keep myself until I got married. But it took God Himself to break through, (and through a preacher) tell me that He loves me and forgives me NO MATTER WHAT. He said that He would always love and forgive me. There are times I struggle over things that I say or do; but I always remember that He PROMISED me that he would always love and forgive me. ALWAYS!Ü NOTHING CAN SEPARATE US FROM HIS LOVE!

Reply # 102 - ReplyTo ID: 1548

Date: 6/28/2003 1:05:36 AM

Comments:

Jack,
Another inspiring article. Could it be that God wants some of us to work harder at keeping the faith?

Reply # 103 - ReplyTo ID: 1549

Posted By: Dan -
Date: 6/28/2003 1:28:19 AM
19 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 16 PrayingPraying

Comments:

Wow Jack....the Lord showed me this back in 1972 and I have never met a Christian until now who knew of being dead to sin. It is such a blessing to read this article and to know there are others out there who believe the same way I do. I have just finished building a website in which I address this issue of being "dead to sin" in one of my topics. The main theme of the site is my research into the mark of the beast with extensive documentation, in which I show how the Mark will be based on a DNA Fingerprint. (barcode) www.geocities.com/bludbot_one Please pass this on to Hal as I'm sure He will be interested. Any way I think this doctrine of being "dead to sin" is going to become a topic of some debate to Christians in the near future and will be fought against by religionists who would prefer to keep the flock in line to their dogmas. Yours in Christ...Dan

Reply # 104 - ReplyTo ID: 1550

Date: 6/28/2003 1:47:00 AM

Comments:

Thank you!

Reply # 105 - ReplyTo ID: 1551

Date: 6/28/2003 3:04:16 AM

Comments:

This was the most blessed message I have received in a long time! It ranks up there with receiving Christ as your personal Saviour! I have struggled for years with the "guilt" and never knew why I felt the way I did. Thank goodness I didn't get up to get coffee!

Thanks for the Pulitzer message and God Bless!

Clay Lindley

Reply # 106 - ReplyTo ID: 1552

Date: 6/28/2003 5:59:46 AM

Comments:

I don,t know what prompted you to write this commentary but God Bless You For It! How did you know I was out here?
Keith.

Reply # 107 - ReplyTo ID: 1553

Date: 6/28/2003 6:43:36 AM
18 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 23 PrayingPraying

Comments:

Hi Jack,

Ive been finding myself here via Hal Lindseys site time and again. I wanted to say thank you for your work. Ive never considered my smoking as a sin, it came about from my dissolusionment with the Christian rock industry i was a part of in the 80's in conjunction with a bad ending to a marraige which found me attempting to destroy myself any way i could for several years starting at 24. Now im getting ready to turn 40 and just tried for a 5th time to quit smoking (unsuccessfully) i think at this point im going to go with the suggestion above and thank the Lord for delivering me from it each time i have one. I wanted to thank you for your spiritual and "tell it like it is" political commentary which i find very familiar. Im also hoping to get back into the fight soon, ive been a long time away and have become one of those people that only seems to communicate with people online (been alot of years since i stepped foot in a church).

Thanx Jack.
Mitch

Reply # 108 - ReplyTo ID: 1554

Date: 6/28/2003 7:23:03 AM
15 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 21 PrayingPraying

Comments:

Hey, ive read the article and the responces to it, and i say the truth shall set you free. Fact is, were all sinners. Doesnt matter what the sin is. Only through Jesus' are those sins nullified.
Personally, I have found that anytime "I" take over, i really screw up. And i was taught to be sucsessful, grab the bull by the horns, you can do it, ... Well, you know five "I"s got the most powerful and beutiful angel cast right out of heaven. I cant do nothin, cept the Lord work through me . Yea im pretty pitiful on my on accord, but even so , i have an easyness in my heart, and when God does use me it just humbles me more. I think God should occupy a permant space in your heart and brain, and that if at any time your not conscience of that presence, your in trouble. Jack your words and the bibles are true, and the depth you show in your understanding indicate that you are my brother in Christ. Hey brother.
mike b

Reply # 109 - ReplyTo ID: 1555

Date: 6/28/2003 8:23:27 AM
20 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 15 PrayingPraying

Comments:

This is a story that really hit home for me. It is, I think, a very well-balanced treatise on an oft-spoken issue for Christians going through this type of thought process regarding personal sin.

Reply # 110 - ReplyTo ID: 1556

Date: 6/28/2003 9:21:42 AM

Comments:

put's things in perspective,eh?
canadian eh?

Reply # 111 - ReplyTo ID: 1557

Date: 6/28/2003 10:18:24 AM

Comments:

IAM A BORN AGAIN BELIVER IN OUR LORD AND SAVIOR JESUS CHRIST, AND THE THING OR SIN I STRUGGLE WITH IS SMOKING, WHEN I CAME UP OUT OF THE WATER MY ALCHOL,AND DRUG ADDICTION WAS GONE, BEEN SOBER AND DRUG FREE 4 YEARS ,PRAISE GOD. WHY DID THE SMOKING STAY.?

Reply # 112 - ReplyTo ID: 1558

Date: 6/28/2003 10:44:30 AM

Comments:

This man KNOWS exactly what I have felt for years. I have never been able to put it into words but Thank You for helping me understand it. You have spoken to my heart in an immense way that has me in tears at the moment.
Thank You, I realize now that I am defeated only if I allow myself to be. Jesus has already paid the price and I may not be perfect, but I can still try to do better without condemning myself for my own failures. Praise God for allowing you to write so truthfully to my heart.
Bob

Reply # 113 - ReplyTo ID: 1559

Date: 6/28/2003 11:05:56 AM

Comments:

Thank You

Reply # 114 - ReplyTo ID: 1562

Date: 6/28/2003 1:15:45 PM

Comments:

I love this article, I agree with everything that you wrote, except that we are supposed to be holy as our Lord Jesus Christ is holy, if we are not holy we will not see Him. But the only way that we can be holy is through the Holy Spirit. But, as you and Paul have said we still do sin and then have guilt but, praise be to Jehova He loves us enough to send His Son Jesus who sent His Holy Spirit so that we can be Holy, set aside and sanctified unto good works which are only doable through His grace and love and Holy Spirit. You know what I mean. It is hard to do all of this and still not condemn ourselves. Anyways, God loves us all the way. Thank you Jehova, Jesus and Holy Spirit.

Reply # 115 - ReplyTo ID: 1563

Date: 6/28/2003 1:30:14 PM

Comments:

Wow! Wow! Wow! That took guts and I don't believe I've ever heard it put so well!

Thank you forever!!!!!!

Thank you!!!

Reply # 116 - ReplyTo ID: 1564

Date: 6/28/2003 1:38:18 PM

Comments:

Jack, Between my family & work I live a very busy life and only occasionally get to look at your website. I would like to let you know though, that I really thought this commentary showed great insite and understanding. More Christians need to hear this message. ( I know that it certainly apply's to me.) Again Thanks Jim

Reply # 117 - ReplyTo ID: 1565

Date: 6/28/2003 2:05:58 PM

Comments:

Thank you for this.
Just another "sinner" who loves the Lord

Reply # 118 - ReplyTo ID: 1568

Date: 6/28/2003 3:52:56 PM

Comments:

This is simply a reply to #1535, who apparently lives within the kitchen of many of today's churches. Yes I agree, we all are sinners, we all should strive to be more Christlike in our spiritual walk. One way is to be less judgemental of those around us, for only one shall judge, and neither you nor I am the one of which I speak. David asked for God to not remember the sins of his youth. He was not referring to his mortal youth or age. Instead, he referred to the time of his spiritual youth. Please read Jack's article again, and seek to understand the true meaning of the text. I pray my Daddy will loosen the proverbial scales from all who live within a church kitchen. The time is too short to be unaware of our real mission. We are not called to become stumbling blocks, we are to build bridges, and to spread the true gospel of the one who loves us. Shalom.

Reply # 119 - ReplyTo ID: 1569

Date: 6/28/2003 4:43:45 PM
20 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 13 PrayingPraying

Comments:

My husband is a christian who drinks, smokes, curses, and because of his drinking my daughter got shot in the head. I can't see him as a sincere christian and yet there are times when he reads, and prays, and goes to church and will seem sincere. Everyone has given up on him. Sometimes I feel as if he takes these scriptures as a license to sin

Reply # 120 - ReplyTo ID: 1570

Date: 6/28/2003 4:57:34 PM

Comments:

This really hit home for me and I found it at a time when I was feeling, "beaten down." I had read the passages in the book of Romans years ago about how Paul struggled with sin, but it seemed to take on a more clearer meaning this time. Thank you for sharing this.

Reply # 121 - ReplyTo ID: 1571

Date: 6/28/2003 5:10:10 PM
13 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 20 PrayingPraying

Comments:

Joh 8:15 Ye judge after the flesh; I judge no man.

John 8: 5 Do ye think that the scripture saith in vain, The spirit that dwelleth in us lusteth to envy?
6 But he giveth more grace. Wherefore he saith, God resisteth the proud, but giveth grace unto the humble.
7 Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you.
8 Draw nigh to God, and he will draw nigh to you. Cleanse your hands, ye sinners; and purify your hearts, ye double minded.

Lu 18:10 Two men went up into the temple to pray; the one a Pharisee, and the other a publican.
11 The Pharisee stood and prayed thus with himself, God, I thank thee, that I am not as other men are, extortioners, unjust, adulterers, or even as this publican.
12 I fast twice in the week, I give tithes of all that I possess.
13 And the publican, standing afar off, would not lift up so much as his eyes unto heaven, but smote upon his breast, saying, God be merciful to me a sinner.
14 I tell you, this man went down to his house justified rather than the other: for every one that exalteth himself shall be abased; and he that humbleth himself shall be exalted.

What kept me hanging out in the wilderness for so long was the modern day Pharisees in church who seem to forget that the church is not designed to be a monument for the saints but rather a hospital for the sick. It was the misrepresentation that was carried over to God as if He was preaching the same message, you're no good, beyond helping, waste of a human, etc. etc. and etc.

The way to raise a loser is to be continually reminding a child of their defects, you're no good, you're a bum, never amount to anything, hopeless, etc. and etc. when this is settled in a young mind it often remains well into the adult years, they believe it and this often shows itself in rebellion and coldness towards other people, only feeling better when doing the same kind of things that made them bitter and resentful, elevating ones self by being modern day Pharisees with all the right stuff or giving that illusion while keeping the closet locked.

God had to tare down all those walls of condemnation, false guilt trips others place on people, also the bitterness that results from it, starting over one on one so He would not be misrepresent again, finding my room to be where I got intensive care rather than in church, no way for Jesus to misrepresent Himself and seeing that He loves dirty old men just as much as the almost perfect people, no better than me and me no better than them. Life started in the dungpile and Jesus not too proud to dive in and lift me out of it, losing the dungpile smell along the way, just not having to clean up before being accepted as I am, just not staying that way.
It was the misrepresentation that was carried over to God as if He was preaching the same message, you're no good, beyond helping, waste of a human, total foul up, can't do anything right, etc. etc. and etc.

Ga 3:3 Are ye so foolish? having begun in the Spirit, are ye now made perfect by the flesh?

No way to be more righteous than when we started as dungpile people. People who try to mature too fast are often the ones who become big headed and judgmental of those who lag behind but at a steady pace, learning more and more, little by little until the joy remains of fully realizing that Jesus chose us, we did not choose Him, being a full son in spite of being adopted, but the neat thing about adoption is that the parent chooses who they want all for themselves.

Most trustworthy of people are those who walk with a limp, walking wounded like Jacob.
Ge 32:24 And Jacob was left alone; and there wrestled a man with him until the breaking of the day.
25 And when he saw that he prevailed not against him, he touched the hollow of his thigh; and the hollow of Jacob’s thigh was out of joint, as he wrestled with him.
26 And he said, Let me go, for the day breaketh. And he said, I will not let thee go, except thou bless me.
27 And he said unto him, What is thy name? And he said, Jacob.
28 And he said, Thy name shall be called no more Jacob, but Israel: for as a prince hast thou power with God and with men, and hast prevailed.

It was not that Jacob won the wrestling match refusing to turn loose of the only hope he had, but it was the tears and total helplessness with hope that brought him to that place of winning, he was broken of his own pride and being a do it yourself project, he was humbled.
Jas 4:6 But he giveth more grace. Wherefore he saith, God resisteth the proud, but giveth grace unto the humble.

Religious pride is the ugliest kind there is, these are the people who God puts on the shelf because they will always misrepresent Jesus to the world, but the walking wounded are those who God will invest Himself in, no room to judge another, no false image to project of how righteous they are, being available for God to help someone else in that same place of defeat and showing by a life that it is grace and love that lifted us out of the dungpiles, maybe a long journey ahead but not having to carry the weight of our own weak flesh that Jesus says to unload onto Him.

Reply # 122 - ReplyTo ID: 1572

Date: 6/28/2003 6:06:45 PM
15 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 16 PrayingPraying

Comments:

I dont ave comment you just hit a BIG spot !

SUPER !!!!!!

Reply # 123 - ReplyTo ID: 1573

Date: 6/28/2003 6:28:27 PM

Comments:

It's like a fresh oasis that i found in my desert
it just give me the taste to get closer to my savier must print that ! it's a most hihi
thank jack just thank is to small !!!!!!
I dont ave a world to say how refreshing that is
to me !by the way in righting that i aving a cigarette haha !

Reply # 124 - ReplyTo ID: 1574

Date: 6/28/2003 8:08:41 PM

Comments:

Amen Bro!

Reply # 125 - ReplyTo ID: 1575

Date: 6/28/2003 8:27:33 PM

Comments:

That was SOOOOOO good. Thanks so much. We appreciated it.
The Bedford family from Nova Scotia Canada

Reply # 126 - ReplyTo ID: 1578

Date: 6/28/2003 10:59:31 PM

Comments:

One of the best and most pertinent expositions on Christianity that I've ever read. Thank you Mr. Kinsella.

Terry
Georgia, USA

Reply # 127 - ReplyTo ID: 1579

Date: 6/28/2003 11:55:27 PM

Comments:

Thank you Mr. Kinsella for this article - I so needed to hear this!!!! I've been a christian for 25 years and yet, the last 5 have been the hardest! I wrestle with the same sin over and over again. Aside from hormone changes in my life, I've grieved the loss of my mother 3 years ago. I seem to be so angry inside and my husband is the brunt of my anger. I Pray about this, ask forgiveness about this, put on the full armour to protect myself from this, etc., yet, it continues. I mostly feel embarassed to go to God about the same sin, "how many times will He forgive me & when will I grow up"? But in my heart I know I will not be defeated because the bible tells me to "forget the past, reach forward to what lies ahead. I know who my enemy is and every day I grow stronger - I will not be defeated!!!!

Sincerely, Gail625@yahoo.com

Reply # 128 - ReplyTo ID: 1581

Date: 6/29/2003 1:35:50 AM

Comments:

Thank you for this commentary. You hit the nail on the head.

Reply # 129 - ReplyTo ID: 1582

Date: 6/29/2003 1:40:02 AM
16 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 15 PrayingPraying

Comments:

Thank you.

Reply # 130 - ReplyTo ID: 1583

Date: 6/29/2003 1:56:04 AM
18 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 13 PrayingPraying

Comments:

Thank you. I'm going to print this out and read it whenever I feel defeated.

Reply # 131 - ReplyTo ID: 1584

Date: 6/29/2003 3:23:35 AM

Comments:

A lamb and a pig fall into the mud. They both got there the same way. The pig is happy where he is. The lamb cries out for his shephard. The pig is a sinner. The lamb is a Christian. A repentant heart is the difference between a Christian and a sinner.

Reply # 132 - ReplyTo ID: 1585

Date: 6/29/2003 6:44:23 AM
21 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 19 PrayingPraying

Comments:

Smoking is not a sin. drinking beer is not a sin.

Reply # 133 - ReplyTo ID: 1586

Date: 6/29/2003 8:48:17 AM
18 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 22 PrayingPraying

Comments:

Jack,

Reading your article I got tears in my eyes and felt a sense of relief. Feeling recharged now and even though I will probably sin in the future (even though I hate it and know it's wrong) I know I'm still forgiven because of Jesus and because I believe him. Thanks for inspiring me!
Mike

Reply # 134 - ReplyTo ID: 1587

Date: 6/29/2003 9:28:16 AM

Comments:

Dear Jack,
Thankyou so much for your honesty in this article. You helped make my day.
How about putting a button on your website so we can email your articles to our friends instead of having to cut and paste them. Or is that web button here and I just dont see it.
Your brother in Christ.
Rickmarket@cox.net

Reply # 135 - ReplyTo ID: 1588

Date: 6/29/2003 12:31:42 PM
19 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 14 PrayingPraying

Comments:

The focus should be on how Jesus works through you to do his bidding on earth not on what you can do to change yourself and make yourself Holy. What comes out of a person's mouth and how he witnesses for Christ is more important than whether he smokes or drinks. Anything that is done in excess is a sin including eating. Jesus turned water into wine .That means he did not disapprove of drinking wine ,only the excess use of it.

Reply # 136 - ReplyTo ID: 1589

Date: 6/29/2003 12:39:20 PM
19 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 13 PrayingPraying

Comments:

I thank God and my Savior Jesus Christ for your ministry. Reading this article has opened my eyes and my heart to a great Truth that until now had alluded me: God's Grace IS SUFFICIENT!! and JESUS DID IT ALL!! How could I have missed that? I wept as I read and prayed and now feel for the first time in years that I am free. I still pray for God to deliver me from my besetting sin of smoking. May God continue to bless you and your ministry!

Thank you!

Nancy

Reply # 137 - ReplyTo ID: 1591

Date: 6/29/2003 2:57:05 PM
22 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 19 PrayingPraying

Comments:

Thanks Jack...I feel like the weight of the world has been lifted off my shoulders....I knew I wasnt alone no matter what your critics may say this article has helped me tremendously. Thanks

Reply # 138 - ReplyTo ID: 1592

Date: 6/29/2003 3:05:49 PM

Comments:

Thank you for this timely message.
I have fought the long fight beside the Apostle Paul.
I can say with him, Who can deliver me from this body of death?; I thank God through Jesus Christ.
Guilt Ridden ex pastor.

Reply # 139 - ReplyTo ID: 1595

Date: 6/29/2003 5:56:20 PM

Comments:

I never thought of smoking as a sin, so I've never felt any guilt
===================
Likewise, reason for me being on the way to quitting has never had anything to do with the sin question but rather a breathing question, probably have Emphyzima, expect to be hooked up to an oxygan tank before next year no matter if I quit or not since the damage is done.

Ro 14:22 Hast thou faith? have it to thyself before God. Happy is he that condemneth not himself in that thing which he alloweth.

Have to also ask if we live for ourselves or to please the Lord and seeking a more mature relationship, smoking could be crossed off the list since this was never the reason for Jack's article to begin with, relationship, grace, moving from the crib to maturity could sum it up.

Never about do's and don'ts, man introduced that into the church to make it law just as in the 1st century.

Ga 2:4 And that because of false brethren unawares brought in, who came in privily to spy out our liberty which we have in Christ Jesus, that they might bring us into bondage:

Will not find anything in Jack's article that would impose do's and don'ts, rather breaking loose from the bondage of do's and don'ts to be free not to do whatever common sense would say is not wise or would damage us.

Reply # 140 - ReplyTo ID: 1596

Date: 6/29/2003 7:04:47 PM

Comments:

I was extremely glad to read this message! I have struggled to quit smoking for many years, but have failed, even after praying for deliverance. I too have felt guilty. Thank you so much! Diane

Reply # 141 - ReplyTo ID: 1597

Date: 6/29/2003 8:58:49 PM
22 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 21 PrayingPraying

Comments:

I was once a defeated Christian. Condemnation was my middle name. Thankfully, through a faithful servant who exuded Christ, I was taught that God's grace IS sufficient for me. God took the first step, and every step thereafter. I only had to respond to His love, I could do nothing. What marvellous freedom! However, with that freedom comes a responsiblity. And, understanding that when I accepted Christ as my Savior, He began living IN me by His Spirit, I only want to do those things that please HIM. I don't have to be a defeated Christian - and no one else does either! There is POWER in the blood of Jesus to set us free from those things that hold us down. Ask Him! Believe Him! When you fall, ask His forgiveness and get back up again. He loves you too much to leave you living the life of a defeated Christian - through His blood YOU are free! You are victorious!

Reply # 142 - ReplyTo ID: 1598

Date: 6/29/2003 10:24:40 PM
17 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 11 PrayingPraying

Comments:

Hello all,,
Anything that controls your like drinking , smoking , sex ,pride , self centernest , ect. and list gos on
I do not drink or do drugs. But I do smoke , and have pride and alot more . But by Grace through Faith in my Lord Jesus Christ I'm Saved . This is my old body , when I get to heaven I will have pure body with no sin..
PRAISE GOD
ann
P.S. Jesus remove my desire for drugs and booze

Reply # 143 - ReplyTo ID: 1599

Date: 6/29/2003 10:56:44 PM
18 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 14 PrayingPraying

Comments:

I kicked the habit once for 6 months so I know I can do it. I make no excuses for it, but I have made great strides in other areas in my life and know that the Lord will finish a great work in me. I mourn over the sin in my life every day and wait impatiently for the Lords return to release me from this peice of junk body that imprisons my spirit. My only hope is in Christ! Thanks for your article which encourages me not to give up.

Reply # 144 - ReplyTo ID: 1600

Date: 6/29/2003 10:59:01 PM
23 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 17 PrayingPraying

Comments:

Excellent and encouraging, Jack! It's been a long time since I checked in on you, way back since the forum was removed from Hal's website and you took over that heavy responsibility.

It reads and looks like you have done a good job, and I will be checking in more often.

As for this article, you hit me right between the eyes. I'm the guy who has these sins, but never gives up. I pursue Christ in spite of them, and have continually sought the Lord's deliverance. Perhaps you helped me get delivered tonight. Gotta go read Romans 7 and pray. Thanks for the encouragement and for reminding me about Paul's predicament.

Randy Anderson
anderson.a.r@worldnet.att.net

Reply # 145 - ReplyTo ID: 1601

Date: 6/29/2003 11:23:54 PM
14 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 14 PrayingPraying

Comments:

This may be the most important thing I have read in a long time!!!

Reply # 146 - ReplyTo ID: 1602

Date: 6/30/2003 12:55:49 AM
17 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 12 PrayingPraying

Comments:

THANK YOU, I NEEDED TO HEAR THIS.

Reply # 147 - ReplyTo ID: 1603

Date: 6/30/2003 12:58:09 AM
18 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 19 PrayingPraying

Comments:

I appreciate the article, however, I disagree that smoking and drinking are sins unless they are practiced excessively or being abused. We must be careful about man's legalism in the church. Besides the worst sin of all is pride. Sins of gossiping, lies, disrepecting authorities in life such as speeding, tax evasion etc are far more spiritually devastating in a practical sense because they reflect mental attitude sins which then are extended overtly. Attitude can put someone out of fellowship almost immediately even after confessing some known sin because the person's thinking fails to meet God's righteous standards. May God's grace be magnified.

Reply # 148 - ReplyTo ID: 1604

Date: 6/30/2003 2:42:08 AM

Comments:

Well it's about time I found someone with authority who was willing to speak up and say what I knew in my heart all along! Shame on the churches that have far too long sought to profit on the guilt trip of imperfection! Is it any wonder that sin has run rampant throughout the church when we are all too busy putting up a front of righteous perfection? I KNOW THAT I KNOW THAT I KNOW that I am nothing without Christ and I know that I have never stopped walking in the spirit with Him since I was saved because I can't do anything wrong without my little inner voice beating me about the head and shoulders for it! God bless you for having the nerve to stand up and say what we already knew was in the Bible.

Reply # 149 - ReplyTo ID: 1605

Date: 6/30/2003 4:02:30 AM
13 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 17 PrayingPraying

Comments:

This is possibly the greatest essay on sin. One of the final metaphor's: "We are living in the last days. There is no time to bandage the walking wounded, the battle has been joined. Every soldier is desperately needed on the line," basically says it all. And in that fight, may I add, is your salvation. Carl Snodgrass ! Puyallup, WA

Reply # 150 - ReplyTo ID: 1606

Date: 6/30/2003 9:20:45 AM

Comments:

Jack, what a great news letter, i can't speak for any one else, but it sure helped me. Thanks

Reply # 151 - ReplyTo ID: 1608

Date: 6/30/2003 12:36:56 PM

Comments:

This is a much needed article, but I personally don't see in scripture where drinking "a beer" is forbidden. I do believe that getting drunk is bad as are other things done in the extreme.,i.e. eating vs. gluttony. When the 120 came down from the upper room the comment was not ' What have you been drinking', but " What are you drunk?' I do believe that most would be wise to avoid alcohol, and I believe they know who they are, and should be permitted to make this decision themselves. It's very easy to preach the 'precepts of men' loading the burden of men that is suppose to be a 'light yoke and an easy burden'.
Thank you for an otherwise good article that lifts the down trodden and gives hope. Trully, your feet are beautiful.
Pastor Rick Hake

Reply from Jack:
In lots of other national cultures, smoking isn't looked down on at all. Italians and Germans drink as part of their diet.

Paul says, "All things are lawful unto me, but all things are not expedient: all things are lawful for me, but I will not be brought under the power of any."

I cannot define what brings someone else under its power and what does not. We are each unique.

I am not prouncing anything AS 'sin', but rather using common vices as examples. The Bible defines the concept of 'sin' as being rather unique to each of us.

"Therefore to him that knoweth to do good, and doeth it not, to him it is sin." James 4:17

As far as me defining any specific act as being a 'sin' in and of itself, I haven't the authority. The point of the column wasn't what sin IS so much as what it DOES.

And thank you for your kind comments overall. I much appreciate them.

- Jack

Reply # 152 - ReplyTo ID: 1609

Date: 6/30/2003 12:42:38 PM
20 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 24 PrayingPraying

Comments:

Thank you, Jack, for simplifying something that was such a complicated issue for me. I've been a Christian for many years and have lived the "highs and lows" of living this earthly existance. Thank you for helping to lift the burden of guilt that was rendering me ineffective. God bless you!

Reply # 153 - ReplyTo ID: 1610

Date: 6/30/2003 2:48:11 PM

Comments:

i am ashamed of my self because i read your preview to this article a few days ago and was angry at you for judging which is probably what you wanted, i e mailed you then and now have read the entire article and realize you are coming from the same place i am...i like it alot except for one thing i cannot see anywhere in the bible where smoking is a sin (no i do not smoke) God tells me that any thing with thanks giving and all things in moderation. any way i get what you mean and really like your article
thank you and see you in heaven

Reply # 154 - ReplyTo ID: 1611

Date: 6/30/2003 3:52:30 PM
21 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 15 PrayingPraying

Comments:

THANKS FOR THE REAL EYE OPENER. IT GIVES ME MORE CAUSE & ZEAL TO SPREAD THE GOOD NEWS ABOUT OUR SAVIOR!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reply # 155 - ReplyTo ID: 1612

Date: 6/30/2003 4:07:54 PM

Comments:

Thanks Jack.

Reply # 156 - ReplyTo ID: 1613

Date: 6/30/2003 4:52:29 PM

Comments:

Post 1535 Responds:

I will say it again, it's too bad that there are TOO many christians who DO NOT want to be LED by THE SPIRIT. I know everyone has a different time in their life when they will be set free from their addiction. Please don't call me a Pharisee because I have been set free. I could have not been set free unless I ALLOWED the SPIRIT of GOD to do so. I have every right to feel sad for christian brethern who cannot be delivered from smoking, drinking, drugs, and sex. If you feel that you have the Holy Spirit, but are not delievered from these addictions, then you need to check yourself because there is something wrong.

Reply: Thanks for explaining that. So it's because we are all insincere and the Spirit of God needs our help before He can keep His Word. Hmmm - I must look that up. - Jack

Reply # 157 - ReplyTo ID: 1614

Date: 6/30/2003 5:00:38 PM

Comments:

Christians need to learn how to receive power from the Holy Ghost. If you don't ask the Father to fill you with the Holy Ghost and to deliever you, then you will continue in your addictions.

Luke 11:13 If ye then, being evil, know how to give good gifts unto your children: how much more shall your heavenly Father give the HOLY SPIRIT to them that ask him?

Reply # 158 - ReplyTo ID: 1617

Date: 6/30/2003 5:55:21 PM

Comments:

Good article except a little slanted. I have been a born again Christen for 22 years, and yes I smoke. I don’t like it, I have tried to quite many times…even ask God to help. But I truly don’t believe my smoking is a sin…it is a nasty habit, I admit it but it does not stop me from my fellowship with God. He makes me feel loved and wanted-- Not churches. I think it is Church people that prevent us sinners from attending church, or even wanting to fellowship with them. God teaches us not to judge…. yet they do. Maybe that is where the true problem is?

Reply # 159 - ReplyTo ID: 1618

Date: 6/30/2003 7:03:41 PM
16 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 20 PrayingPraying

Comments:

very helpful

Reply # 160 - ReplyTo ID: 1619

Date: 6/30/2003 7:10:48 PM
16 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 15 PrayingPraying

Comments:

This article should be in teh hands of every believer in the world.Never have a read truer words

Reply # 161 - ReplyTo ID: 1623

Posted By: Brenda -
Date: 6/30/2003 7:48:37 PM
11 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 17 PrayingPraying

Comments:

I found this article a good reminder for me to take EVERY thought captive to the obedience of Christ.

We are defeated first in our thoughts. That is where Satan lurks to tell us we are no good. This is where the battle begins and we are capable of ending it. We are supposed to nip all defeatists thinking in the bud! We are told this in the word of God.

I use the blood of Jesus to help me. I say this prayer every time I start with "stinking thinking" - which is defeatists thinking.

My prayer is this "I apply the Blood of Jesus on my thoughts. The Blood of Jesus protects my thoughts from ALL the powers of the enemy."

Plead the blood of Christ over your thoughts when you find yourself sinking into defeatists thoughts about your life, your salvation, your relationships, your self-worth.

Always remember you are a Child of God. Jesus died for your sins, you don't have to fight them anymore. Just plead the blood of Jesus over your thoughts.

And remember to put on your armour! The sword of the Spirit is the word of God.
Philippians 4:8 - "Finally Brethren, whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is of good repute, if there is any excellence and if anything worthy of praise, LET YOUR MIND DWELL ON THESE THINGS."

Reply # 162 - ReplyTo ID: 1624

Date: 6/30/2003 7:49:52 PM

Comments:

very helpful but maybe more biblical knowledge
thanks........let god be magnified

Reply # 163 - ReplyTo ID: 1627

Date: 6/30/2003 10:59:19 PM

Comments:

I smoke and enjoy it! It says in my bible that all things are lawful but not all things are expedient! I am not offended by your article because offense causes you to lose blessings! God, Jesus, and the Holy Ghost talk with me all day long; and they are more concerned with other things than smoking! :Love in Christ, Britt

Reply You don't say in what way you found the column offensive? I believe I used the same Scripture to make the same point. . .

Reply # 164 - ReplyTo ID: 1628

Date: 6/30/2003 11:18:25 PM

Comments:

Why all the attention on smoking ? All Jack was calling attention to are the common things that so many have a guilt trip about, can take your pick and not all are sin, lustful stuff is sin, lust of the flesh, lust of the eyes and pride of life. Should read it all again and get the content in perspective, some perceive things to be sin that may only be a sin to them if they think something is wrong but go ahead and do it anyhow like eating meat that had been sacrificed to idols, Paul knew he was at liberty to eat a cheap stake while others were governed by law who only saw it is evil and it would be if they went ahead while thinking it was evil to eat the meat, never understanding what grace is all about and who bit the bullet in our behalf.

Can sum up Jack's article in a single verse----
Jas 4:17 Therefore to him that knoweth to do good, and doeth it not, to him it is sin.

Concerning meat sacrificed to idols

Jas 4:20 For meat destroy not the work of God. All things indeed are pure; but it is evil for that man who eateth with offence.
21 It is good neither to eat flesh, nor to drink wine, nor any thing whereby thy brother stumbleth, or is offended, or is made weak.
22 Hast thou faith? have it to thyself before God. Happy is he that condemneth not himself in that thing which he alloweth.
23 And he that doubteth is damned if he eat, because he eateth not of faith: for whatsoever is not of faith is sin.

Would be wrong for me to enjoy a beer or smoke a good cigar in front of a weak believer raised to belive that even moderation was sin, that person will have a guilt trip until understanding a simple verse---Joh 8:36 If the Son therefore shall make you free, ye shall be free indeed.

Peer pressure has destroyed many in the crib who never had a change to move on to maturity, Jesus saying that He gives more grace to who needs it so we are not bogged down by guilt and by-laws of people, just read Jack's responses and that should be obvious, really silly to get hung up on the smoking issue, like not seeing the forrest because all the trees in the way.

Can clearify things another way in relating the commentary to an old Grizzley bear at the LA Zoo, bear is over 20 yrs old and much of that time was spent in a small cage where he could just take ten steps one way and ten steps the other way, in 1990 they moved the Grizzley to a more natural area like the wild, very large and open space but still that bear would take ten steps one way and ten steps the other way, so conditioned that he could not see that he was free to romp and play and not confined to that cage any longer. how many are like that Grizzley ?

Reply # 165 - ReplyTo ID: 1630

Date: 6/30/2003 11:38:58 PM

Comments:

Halfway through this article I broke down and cried. His grace is sufficient for me. I have let guilt keep me from being the soldier that he has intended me to be. These words pierced my heart...thank you.

Reply # 166 - ReplyTo ID: 1632

Date: 7/1/2003 12:08:47 AM
17 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 19 PrayingPraying

Comments:

All this time, I keep waiting for death to take me, and throw me into the bowels of Hades. Yes, I believe Jesus died for our (my) sins, and yes,I accept him as my Saviour, but my God, alcohol has got such a hold on me, I amat a loss!! Every day of my life, since I accepted Jesus as my Saviour in 2000, I pray for forgiveness for what I do, and think. And, yes the guilt is there. I pray with my heart and soul that Jesus sees through my weakness, and knows that in my heart, I cry for his love, and the peace promised. I am, unfortunately, a very dpressed person, with no self esteem, and ys, I was molested at an early age, by a Catholic "layman", bt in my hear, I have forgiven this man! Why do I carry this burden of inebriation?? Your article gave me somehpe, which I had long ago thrown away.

Reply # 167 - ReplyTo ID: 1633

Date: 7/1/2003 12:14:11 AM

Comments:

And somewhere there is a scripture says that the yoke is broken by the anonting. "My yoke is easy and my burden is light." While it is true that we will all battle our tower of flesh, God will ot have us yoked with sin. He provides His power and anointing that can brek ALL sin. We are called to pick up our cross and follow Him. Even He bukled under the weight of that cross once. But, in time and through obedience He rose. As will we!

Reply # 168 - ReplyTo ID: 1636

Date: 7/1/2003 3:10:51 AM
18 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 11 PrayingPraying

Comments:

Thank you for your article, and God Bless you. I know that many, many children of God will be blessed by reading the truths contained in it.

Reply # 169 - ReplyTo ID: 1637

Posted By: Gerry -
Date: 7/1/2003 5:28:05 AM

Comments:

Hi Jack
Great!

The mark of a Champion is when they get knocked down, they dust themselves off and carry on.

When you were born the Doctor slapped your bottom to get you to breathe. That should have told you early in life it was not going to be easy in this world.

We all have temptations; and weakness. I used to have great fear. When the spirit of fear comes upon me I ask Our Lord Jesus Christ to give him the (boomerang effect) and remind that spirit of fear of his ultimate end in the Lake of Fire and that he should ponder on that and should be fearful himself.

Since then I have no fear.

Our Lord Jesus Christ - when he revealed to John equates fear with some terrible sins:

Revelation 21:7-8

7 He that overcometh shall inherit all things; and I will be his God, and he shall be my son.
8 But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.

Why is fear place on the same magnitude and measure as a murderer and a whoremonger?

Because it make you inactive to do the Lord's work. You must have boldness which is devoid of fear.

1 John 4:18

18 There is no fear in love; but perfect love casteth out fear: because fear hath torment.

God Bless Brother Jack

Brother: Gerry Laliberte

Reply # 170 - ReplyTo ID: 1638

Posted By: Jeshua's lil_sister -
Date: 7/1/2003 8:28:18 AM
22 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 20 PrayingPraying

Comments:

Hello ID;1632!
Just wanted to send you a big hug in the Lord. our Father Who is in Heaven knows all about our human state and weakeness's///in other words our needs are great, no matter who we are . That is why He has already sent His only begotten Son into our world 2000 years ago to take our place on that Precious Cross (tree). Now if He Loves us that much it is because He knows that it is impossible for anybody to make it on their own merits. It took Jesus Christ in His total perfection, to win our Salvation. Anyhow it is impossible for us confessing sinners to understand in our tiny minds that sort of Love, and instead we must for now... Believe... its true because God said It and therefore it is the Truth. Just pray for all those who are still unaware of their needs in this world. At least you KNOW yours, and really are grateful to God for His Salvation today. I want to pray that our Heavenly Father will send some of His Son's earthly brothers and sisters into your life, to support you through these times of suffering and darkness. The person who sinned against you will suffer all your pain for all eternity, if they do not repent. You can let go of it today, and hand it over to Jesus Who is waiting to make all things new.....even YOU... if you are willing. I hope you will climb into the safety of God's embrace immediatly and allow Him to heal you. He will Weep with you, and He will Rejoice with you. That is all He requires of you for now. Stay in the snug of His Love, until the day comes when He tells you that you are ready, to move on into the service of others who also need Him. Because God really does have a plan for your life, and He had it before you were born, and He knew all about the alchhol problems which would arise, and yet He wants more than anything else to bring you into His full plan for your life ,which only you can complete with Him. I hope you are able to glean some comfort from my little reply to you. It comes from a heart which was broken many long years ago, and has since been healed and restored by who else but Jesus Christ my beloved Saviour and Lord.

Reply # 171 - ReplyTo ID: 1659

Date: 7/1/2003 6:48:21 PM

Comments:

I am still blinking away tears from your most compassionate article. THANK you!

- From a struggling and un-proud smoker who forever gladly and thankfully committed her life to Jesus thirty years ago. It is seldom that I have ever seen the understanding and caring for the yet-struggling, as I've seen in your article today. Again, THANK you, and BLESS you!

Reply # 172 - ReplyTo ID: 1679

Posted By: Jim Hendrick -
Date: 7/2/2003 5:21:30 PM

Comments:

Definitely a keeper.
Jim

Reply # 173 - ReplyTo ID: 1682

Posted By: HerbertHeard -
Date: 7/3/2003 8:59:40 AM
19 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 20 PrayingPraying

Comments:

What a great explanation of exactly how I feel. I cannot believe someone could duplicate my very thoughts that I had during my Prayer time this morning.

Reply # 174 - ReplyTo ID: 1695

Date: 7/4/2003 1:08:20 PM

Comments:

Today, there are about as many interpretations of the scriptures in the Bible as there are preachers (and people). It is a unique blessing to hear the "TRUTH."

In your article, "The Defeated Christian," you have let the 'Holy Spirit' guide your written words. Thank you so much for sharing this message to a wounded Christian(s).

Jimmy E. Powell

Reply # 175 - ReplyTo ID: 1701

Date: 7/6/2003 2:40:59 PM

Comments:

Amen!

Reply # 176 - ReplyTo ID: 1710

Date: 7/7/2003 1:48:20 PM
20 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 20 PrayingPraying

Comments:

I just found this forum so pardon the belated commentary.You had me going with the first part of the article and I'm thinking how can a man with this much spiritual knowledge say something like this? But I kept on reading. Your article shows a depth of Wisdom and understanding that is too rare in the Spiritual Body of Christ and the institutional church. We "kill our wounded" if they don't kill themselves first with guilt and shame. There is NO condemnation to those in Christ Jesus PERIOD because the law of the Spirit of Life in Christ Jesus has made us free from the "law of sin and death" which is what condemnation is.By the Blood of the New Covenant He is merciful to our unrighteousness and our sins and iniquities He remembers no more. What a Faithful Intercessor we have in Jesus!!!

Reply # 177 - ReplyTo ID: 1724

Date: 7/8/2003 6:44:57 PM

Comments:

WOW! This is so awesome! I get so aggrivated at those who talk about the sins they had "before they got saved", but NEVER admit that they have ANY problem with sin now. Thanks for reminding us that we are ALL still human...until that day! Praise the LORD!

Reply # 178 - ReplyTo ID: 1725

Date: 7/8/2003 7:58:25 PM

Comments:

Your article shows a depth of Wisdom and understanding that is too rare in the Spiritual Body of Christ and the institutional church.
========
Can only say amen to that, when things start getting stale and legalistic, God raises up folks to get back to grace and what was accomplished in our behalf when Jesus paid the price in full, just hard for many to fully take hold of who we are in Jesus, I never could until resting in that grace provided, nothing to measure up to anymore, no way to be more righteous than when we started.

Reply # 179 - ReplyTo ID: 1746

Date: 7/10/2003 5:01:37 AM

Comments:

Think it's a very intresting write up....ministerd to me greatly, guess we all have little issues to deal with

Reply # 180 - ReplyTo ID: 1771

Date: 7/13/2003 8:41:58 AM
15 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 16 PrayingPraying

Comments:

Repentance, true repentance is the awareness of our personal sins, not just our sins but that we are sinners..
The pain we caused our Father in Christ Jesus, we are responsible... without any of our own ability, without any good thing within us period, we throw ourselves upon the mercy of God through the redemption provided by Christ Jesus... Now we pray to die to ourself and live by His power within us... The journey is most difficult but the diligent get answers to glorifiy through holy lives, our heavenly Father... There is no place for those who will not yield their thoughts and lives and actions before God and learn to trust in Him through so great a salvation.

Reply: So your position is that you aren't saved if you sin after salvation? Or are others not 'throwing themselves upon the Mercy of God' correctly? I am unclear as to what you are saying.

Reply # 181 - ReplyTo ID: 1777

Date: 7/13/2003 3:07:47 PM

Comments:

Jack, I just almost cannot say how much your article "The Defeated Christian," affected me. As
per your usual affinity for hitting the nail on the head, you have done it again.
I'm a little behind when it comes to catching-up on your letters and articles. There is so much to learn and hear concerning the word...and so little time left. So many need to be helped to understand.
You have been greatly blessed by the Holy Spirit...Praise God! I think I see where you are coming from Re: attack on Isreal. I worry that we are tipping you know who off with all of our chatter in the media etc., however, what will be,
will be regardless.
Thanks again! 'Come Lord Jesus'

Paul Beason

Reply # 182 - ReplyTo ID: 1826

Date: 7/20/2003 3:06:19 PM

Comments:

I thought this was a really good commentary. I have sent it to several people.

Reply # 183 - ReplyTo ID: 1832

Date: 7/23/2003 1:15:47 AM
15 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 15 PrayingPraying

Comments:

Jack, you have to be pleased with the response
you received from this commentary, I was, to read it, thanks, Dave, Seattle

Reply # 184 - ReplyTo ID: 1847

Date: 7/24/2003 1:25:12 PM

Comments:

So I read your article, then I reread it. Then I printed it out and rereread it before giving it to my wife. The only thing I can say is THANK YOU!
Presently I am dusting off my faith, picking up my sword and preparing for battle.

Thank the LORD you wrote that article.
Miguel

Reply # 185 - ReplyTo ID: 2195

Date: 8/18/2003 12:06:49 PM

Comments:

What a uplifting article,i saw myself while reading it and it gave me a renewd faith that its not to late for me to overcome my weakness and get back to what i want to be the best christien i can.thatnk you,may God Bless you.

Reply # 186 - ReplyTo ID: 2208

Date: 8/19/2003 3:29:44 AM
21 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 20 PrayingPraying

Comments:

Thank you so much for this message. It is one that is so important, especially for the Christian who worries constantly about his sin, so much so that he worries more about the sin that he revels in the gift of salvation! I am printing this out for my husband and I both to read. You have touched my heart. I am very grateful for these words--God bless you!
Martha--a sinner who has given her heart to Christ.

Reply # 187 - ReplyTo ID: 2230

Date: 8/21/2003 2:04:24 AM

Comments:

Powerful message that gives "hope with confidence"

Reply # 188 - ReplyTo ID: 2321

Posted By: Shack -
Date: 8/25/2003 2:35:27 PM
13 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 15 PrayingPraying

Comments:

I have often heard:

"God loves you just the way you are, and He love you too much to leave you there"

When the Holy Spirit begins to convict me of an "issue", God is starting to say, "It's time to work on this one". If you aren't convicted in your spirit, maybe God doesn't want to work on that one yet.

The hardest lesson I have learned so far is this:

God will convict me of my sin by letting me know that it is time to start working with Him to get rid of it. However, he loves me all the same. Satan is the one that condemns me of my sin and makes me feel like a "defeated" Christian. When I feel convicted of my sin, God has already acknowleged my repentance and loves me all the same.

When you feel condemned, tell the devil to GET OUT and accept God's love.

Thank you Jack!

Reply # 189 - ReplyTo ID: 2776

Date: 9/26/2003 7:43:09 PM

Comments:

Thank-you for helping me to see that guilt is the sin that's killing me mentally and spiritual. I smoked before getting saved, stopped for 20 years and now smoking again. Every day I degrade myself. I can't understand me. You letter gave me some hope. sincerely Mary R.

Reply # 190 - ReplyTo ID: 2788

Posted By: KyeHarris -
Date: 9/28/2003 10:44:50 AM

Comments:

Jack, I love someone that tells it like it is. I always say, the truth may hurt, but lies hurt so much more, and for so much longer.

That is why I pay for this OL and donate when I can. You got me til Jesus comes as long as you keep on telling it like it is!

Lou, all the references to smoking is because the article makes the smoker guilty of smoking, me too.

I also suffer from PTSD. As a matter of fact, I am 100% service connected because of it. I use smoking unstead of other drugs(the illegal ones) to remain calm. That's no excuse for not quitting, but the smoking does help.

To the one that has the gay sister: You cannot become unsaved, you won't die and go to hell, but you will lose rewards in Heaven for unforgiven sins on this earth. Of course to be forgiven, you have to get out of the sin first then ask God for forgivness.

Smoking itself is not a sin, but as the Ten Commandments say, Thou shalt put no other gods before me. If smoking is there between you and God, it is a god and therefore it IS a sin.

Drinking in itself is not a sin, excessive drinking is a sin!

Also, you have to remember, the Bible says that for the saved, all things are pure, but as Paul says, if what you do is a stumbling block to either a young Christian or a non-Christian, then we are not to do it.

Maybe we need to have a "prayer group" here.

You can start with me. I would love to quit smoking, just dread the thought. My regular doctor at the VA tells me to quit, but, my Shrink at the VA tells me not to because mentally I could not take the drastic change in lifestyle. So, I use the PTSD as the "excuse" not to quit.

Reply # 191 - ReplyTo ID: 2789

Date: 9/28/2003 3:41:22 PM
21 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 22 PrayingPraying

Comments:

I was told the same thing, have those days of being right there on the edge where things like the fireworks at the fair put me into shock for a minute or two, get aggitated easily and start to isolate myself from everyone rather than to be saying the wrong things or be misunderstood and think there is then need for apologies etc.

We do not struggle regarding sin but we do struggle often just to stay even and balanced, still free to be who we are and nobody to please but the Lord and He is very easy to please. No condemnation whatsoever.

Reply # 192 - ReplyTo ID: 2791

Posted By: KyeHarris -
Date: 9/28/2003 9:46:37 PM
14 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 22 PrayingPraying

Comments:

Ok, I finally got to read the entire article. Jack, I say AMEN!

Paul also said, I die daily. He had to die to self each day: to his sins and thoughts of sin, the same thing. He struggled every day just like we do and see how God used him.

Just like you said, guilt is what does us in. God cast our sins into a sea of forgetfulness. We are the ones that keep them floating on top, not God. The Lord is very faithful. When He says something, He means it and does exactly what He says He will.

It is our "old man", and the Devil that keep us in guilt and defeated by what we do; Not God.

Christ cannot and will not climb up on that cross everyday and re-die for us: One time was all He needed to do it, that's just how powerful His Blood is!

Unfortunately, I smoke and have since I was in Nam in 1969. I got started because we were in the field 45 days at a time and at times, we were in a lot of water. We were told to use a lit cigarette to get leaches off. If you just brush them off, it will leave their heads under your skin. A lit cigarette will make them withdraw their head and fall off. At times, I would have one lit so long, you had to keep it in your mouth , and you go on from there puffing on it.

It is not the Army's fault, it is mine for not resisting the temptation. That was 35 years ago. I quit for a year then decided to try one just to see what happened. There again, my fault. I didn't need it, just decided to try it. No one to blame it on but myself.

I believe at times you have to take a step in faith. If you throw them away, and quit, that act of faith will be honored by God and then He will step in and take over. For those of you that have never smoked, that is a scary first step.

Also, like Jack said, God may be waiting on something special to use your smoking for. Chaplain Caruthers, (sp) lost a lot of his body in Nam. He came back to be a real testimony for God. He tells about his granddad that chewed, I believe it was, for over 40 years. One Sunday in church, he saw Caruthers getting very convicted during the sermon. He prayed and told God if He would save him that day he would quit. Well, he got saved and his Granddad almost had a stroke because he didn't really believe God would save him that day. The Granddad related that was the hardest thing he ever had to do, but that day, he threw everything away and quit.

Maybe God had never answered his prayer to quit because God knew this day would come, so He saved the answer to prayer for this occassion.

God has a devine purpose for every one of us on this planet. God will always answer our prayers. But, He only answers prayers that are asked according to His will. God knows best. I fully believe that if you give anything to God, and only ask Him for His will in the matter, He will take that thing and do with it as He pleases.

God always always answers prayer. He may say yes, wait or no, but He will always give an answer to our prayers. We do have to listen to His still small voice though because the answer may not be what we want or expect it to be.

Thank you Jack. This is what we as Christians need: Straight honest talk. If we can't take it, then we need to examine ourselves, not criticize the one that has spoken the Word of God.

(I notice from the replies, no one has criticized you yet. Tells you of the sincerity of these wonderful members here.)

Also, like Ann I believe said: to the unregistered, if you enjoy this forum, join and help support this much needed ministry

Reply # 193 - ReplyTo ID: 3850

Posted By: BerryJuice -
Date: 12/1/2003 12:14:01 PM
11 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 15 PrayingPraying

Comments:

Picking myself up, dusting myself off and running to keep that appointment...Praising Him for His Grace all the way around the track...My heart is in the race...Thank you for putting into print what should be pasted on everyone's refrigerator, bathroom mirror, bulletin board, etc... Our hearts desire to hear "Well done, thy good and faithful servant"...out of the kitchen and headed for the closet for my running shoes!...

Reply # 194 - ReplyTo ID: 3851

Posted By: FreddoK -
Date: 12/1/2003 3:17:49 PM

Comments:

Jack:

Thanks again for that letter...reminding us of the struggle...the war...that we are in as believers, and reminding us that His Grace is indeed sufficient for us, if we just take our problems, sins, and fears to Him Who loved us, died for us and rose, saved us when we trusted in Him to do so, and promises to give us the grace to go on day by day no matter how many times we stumble.

Praise Jesus! He's so great!

--Freddo

Reply # 195 - ReplyTo ID: 3852

Date: 12/1/2003 4:12:15 PM
14 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 11 PrayingPraying

Comments:

I found God's priorites to be very different than the things that people judge about people and hang some kind of guilt feeling on them for things they either do or don't do, why so many went into shock to see how God enjoyed being heart to heart with a dirty old man and no condemnation at all about anything. Just didn't stay the same way but change being a process along the way and just didn't want to do stuff that I did before when more able to see right from wrong.
Jesus never had any kind words for the self appointed supersaints of the day.

Mt 23: 23 Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye tithe mint and anise and cummin, and have left undone the weightier matters of the law, justice, and mercy, and faith: but these ye ought to have done, and not to have left the other undone.
24 Ye blind guides, that strain out the gnat, and swallow the camel!
25 Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye cleanse the outside of the cup and of the platter, but within they are full from extortion and excess.
26 Thou blind Pharisee, cleanse first the inside of the cup and of the platter, that the outside thereof may become clean also.
27 Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye are like unto whited sepulchres, which outwardly appear beautiful, but inwardly are full of dead men's bones, and of all uncleanness.
28 Even so ye also outwardly appear righteous unto men, but inwardly ye are full of hypocrisy and iniquity.

It wasn't the supersaint who Jesus said went to his house justified.
Lu 18:10 Two men went up into the temple to pray; the one a Pharisee, and the other a publican.
11 The Pharisee stood and prayed thus with himself, God, I thank thee, that I am not as other men are, extortioners, unjust, adulterers, or even as this publican.
12 I fast twice in the week, I give tithes of all that I possess.
13 And the publican, standing afar off, would not lift up so much as his eyes unto heaven, but smote upon his breast, saying, God be merciful to me a sinner.
14 I tell you, this man went down to his house justified rather than the other: for every one that exalteth himself shall be abased; and he that humbleth himself shall be exalted.

Only two things asked of me which were to stay humble and teachable, nothing else, sure had a lot of bad defects since it all started in the junkyard, but that is where God most often goes to get His servants, not in the showrooms or among polished supersaints, no condemnation then and no condemnation now, just the accusations of the enemy when some things are valid, only one thing to be on guard about----
Ga 5:13 For, brethren, ye have been called unto liberty; only use not liberty for an occasion to the flesh, but by love serve one another.

It doesn't matter how long I have been a christian which never made me mature after all these years, was still a babe in diapers even while on social security, reason being that I did not fully understand the most basic things about grace, justification and all that Jesus accomplish in my behalf outside of time, that is the key things to keep in mind, outside of time, grace being outside of time, redemption being outside of time, justification being outside of time where things are always now, eternal, cleaning up a little more never made me more innocent than when I said the F word in prayer, or having a very foul mouth or breaking wind anywhere and everywhere, gross to the bone, been a smoker since 1950, not one day I don't mess up some way or some how, but still innocent because of all the things that took place ourside of time that changed everything, but what I hate about sin in my life is that it disrupts communication, since that is what made life beautiful for me when God settled in with a dirty old man and loving every moment togeather, I don't like seeing that disrupted when I begin to live for myself, I repent daily and often to get that communication back on track since that has always been God's top priority rather than the mannerisms and stuff that may be offensive to other people who judge what they see to be unclean or imperfect or whatever, makes them feel more righteous in the eyes of others to bring down who they view to be more dirty than themselves.
What God taught me is that I am not on the planet to please people and if things ain't cool then sorry about that, God is pleased in seeing this old boy outside of time wearing a White Robe of righeousness and getting married when the wedding bell rings.

Ro 14:22 Hast thou faith? have it to thyself before God. Happy is he that condemneth not himself in that thing which he alloweth.
Ro 14:22 The faith which thou hast, have thou to thyself before God. Happy is he that judgeth not himself in that which he approveth.
Ro 14:22 The faith which you have, have as your own conviction before God. Happy is he who does not condemn himself in what he approves.

There are things I don't do in crowded places anymore like break wind, don't smoke around any who would be stumbled or offended, lingo is a lot cleaner and all that, but that is for the sake of others, not anymore righteous if I do or don't do, just have no desire to stumble another in the family. Actions different in veteran and cowboy circles than they are in most other places, but again that is for the sake of others, having learned that God can be just as cool among us neanderthals as He is among intellectuals who have all the proper mannerisms and use all them ten dollar words.

God wants honesty from the heart, not going to impress Him with our Sunday mannerisms that ain't how we are at home, not impressed with using all the religious buzz words that we don't use at home, not impressed with the loving smiles and hand shakes in church and then honking the same people while trying to get out of a crowded parking lot, God impressed with what is genuine and not manufactured, how we are when we are along with Him with everything exposed that we may keep in the closet to hide from others, no image to project that ain't who we really are, not a supersaint after all in being side by side with Jesus to compare one with the other, Daniel found this out----
Da 10:8 So I was left alone, and saw this great vision, and there remained no strength in me; for my comeliness was turned in me into corruption, and I retained no strength.

People may feel like supersaints in comparing people with people, but Daniel saw himself as a dirtbag in comparison to Jesus, that is the standard to measure ourself by and see that we all fall short.

Reply # 196 - ReplyTo ID: 3853

Date: 12/1/2003 6:08:13 PM

Comments:

Lou:

You put things very well, here....

....what I hate about sin in my life is that it disrupts communication, since that is what made life beautiful for me when God settled in with a dirty old man and loving every moment together, I don't like seeing that disrupted when I begin to live for myself, I repent daily and often to get that communication back on track...

Me, too. I don't like having that sense of togetherness, where I can feel His love and guidance in my life disrupted.

I feel that His Plan for our lives is to remake us into His Image...and to let His Light shine out of darkness. 2 Corinthians 4:6

We are being built into His Spiritual House, brick by brick, stone by stone, as He said in 1 Peter 2:5. It's an ongoing work. I can say that I have become more loving, more patient, less prone to anger and rage with people, and more ready to lean on Him ever since I trusted in His Death and asked Him into my life in my teens. Yet, compared to what I should be in His Word, and compared to what I'll be in His presence, I still have a long way to go...and I think if anyone is honest with themselves, they'll recognize that. No one reaches perfection in this life...(otherwise, why would 1 John 1:9 be in His Word?) but we are to keep on **growing** in the grace and knowledge of Jesus. (2 Peter 3:18).

Of course, Lou, the thing about the "supersaints" you speak of (and I've encountered a few in my walk) is that they expect everyone to wear the right tie, say the right platitudes, carry the right translation of the Bible, and think they've "made it", but then they can turn around (as I saw in one church I was in, once, thank God that it's not that way in the fellowship I've attended for the past few years) and do something really stupid like make a racist comment or something about the poor people we're trying to help, and show that they're deficient in grace because Jesus doesn't judge by color, race, ethnicity, or socio-economic status...He looks at the heart and whether one has received His Provision for salvation or not...

Our willingness to work with Him...and our willingness to be open to His Spirit, His Leading, and our faith in Him to uphold us and to be responsive to Him is what He wants...like, I believe...you said...

...since that has always been God's top priority rather than the mannerisms and stuff that may be offensive to other people who judge what they see to be unclean or imperfect or whatever, makes them feel more righteous in the eyes of others to bring down who they view to be more dirty than themselves....

AMEN! God is growing all of us in grace and knowledge...He just works on different people, on different ways, in different times. One person may have a problem with their tongue. He could well concentrate on that.

Another person may have a problem with sexuality. He could well concentrate on that.

He may take sinful inclinations away from us in a moment, or He may cause us to depend upon Him for years to just begin to get control over a particular habit...

One thing is certain: He intends for us to be holy and glorify Him and reflect Him in love, submission, holiness, grace, and peace as He commands...but He will use our personalities and where He has put us in life to reflect His Glory in different ways. We are all being rebuilt into the Image of Jesus...I think He has a slightly different blueprint for every one of us, even though we will all end up reflecting Jesus in the end, when we see Him.

We are His workmanship...let Him do the work...our part is to be open and available for Him to change, as He desires to be, and to cooperate with His Work.

Hope this rings true with those who read this...be available for Him...and when you slip, get right back up and run to Him...so the renovation of our souls can continue under the hands of Our Creator, Who became a carpenter for a time to be Our Savior.

---Freddo

Reply # 197 - ReplyTo ID: 3854

Date: 12/1/2003 6:37:29 PM

Comments:

I am deeply thankful to have met some people who have had a sense of shame and guilt put on them due to the nature of their birth, people who Jesus terms as being "Eunuchs"
Mt 19:12 For there are some eunuchs, which were so born from their mother's womb: and there are some eunuchs, which were made eunuchs of men: and there be eunuchs, which have made themselves eunuchs for the kingdom of heaven's sake. He that is able to receive it, let him receive it.

Have been aquainted with some very beautiful christian people who are scared to death to mix with other believers for fear of discovery, since they are hermaphrodites having both male and female plumming, some who had their sex assigned to them by the parents or doctors depending on if they wanted a boy or a girl rather than both or half and half, not being a product of lust but rather genetics or how the chromosomes were put togeather, can read some heartbreaking stories and also how things are put into balance http://www.isgi.org/Rock.html

I made a choice to live single since 1971, some just having a gift for that while others do not, God creating the drives or else Adam would have rather gone fishing. It isn't the thoughts so much that are sin but rather obeying the thoughts. Not responsible for a bird that may land on our head, just responsible if we allow that bird to make a nest and start laying eggs.

I was born with a rare disorder called Gynecomastia, got in a lot of fights about it during the teen years but in the service things were different since it was not that hard to conceal and also since I outranked a lot of people and could whip most, but still it was a hard shot to my manhood because I never understood what was going on with the body.

What I have learned over the years is that the scars we carry only say that healing happened, no open wounds, proud of my scars the same as Jesus is proud of His scars, healing happened, all this made me available for others who have those open wounds through no fault of their own, but still living in the basement where they think they are safe but only in a prison in a confined space when Jesus says they are free and a fellow heir with Him in His kingdom, whatever is a physical problem today is a temporary condition, going to move into a mansion not made with hands, eternal in the heavens.

Reply # 198 - ReplyTo ID: 3855

Date: 12/1/2003 7:16:44 PM
21 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 22 PrayingPraying

Comments:

Lou:

Had a look at some of the stories on the site you gave. Heartbreaking, and what upsets me is that in many of these cases, people who name the name of Jesus often judge people with these problems, and very unfairly, as well, as noted below by a quotation I took from the site...

...Sensitivity and knowledge is required in dealing with all intersexed persons regardless of the form the intersex condition takes. Intersexed people have all sorts of internal struggles about who they are, why they are that way, and how they will function in society and in the church. In general, the quick assumption is often made that the intersexed person is practising sinful behavior. Judgment and condemnation quickly follow. Church communities are generally very suspicious of any "deviant" behavior. As result, those who need help and support do not receive it. The church of Jesus Christ should be the most accepting of hurting people, but more often than not does not do well at accepting those with sexual variations...
Humans look at the outward appearance but God uses in internal standard of judgment. He judges the heart and I think we can safely infer that He also knows our physical make-up even better than we do.

In whatever our situation, God gives us the grace and means to cope with it. For example, Lou, he gave you the gift of singleness. For me, he has provided a wife, Gail, and the grace and medical help to cope with my life situation, manic-depression. I thought throughout my life I just was a depressive, but a very good psychiatrist diagnosed me with manic-depressive disorder this year and has set me on a course of medications and therapy. In my case, this has really put me on a course of learning how to trust and obey God in a new way and put my trust in what He says about me in His Word and not in what my emotions might tell me or what men might say.

Thanks for blessing us with these tales of how God can work in any situation, and, day by day in His timing, and in His sovereign means, make us grow from caterpillars into butterflies made in His Image...even if men may not see us as "butterflies" in this fallen world that goes on outward appearance...there is that groaning and longing to cooperate in His Work and that homesickness and wondering how we will appear when we stand as completed works in His coming...when He is done working the clay that we are made out of, that is.

---FreddoK

Reply # 199 - ReplyTo ID: 4090

Posted By: MarvinBiffer -
Date: 3/29/2004 10:19:32 AM

Comments:

This all started 22 years 6 months 24 days 3 hours 37 min ago.
My Birth Certificate

On the evening of about September 6 1981 at about 8:35 P.M., I was at my house in Rockford, Mi. and I was cooking a T Bone steak, the wife worked evening shift, and I had worked a little late. I had drank about 6 or 8 beers as was part of my customary ration of 6 or 8 to 20 daily, and I was listening to Billy Graham. He told the story of the truck driver who drove for 50 years-- and was called a truck driver-- now this driver retired, the next day he was not a truck driver-- he was a retired truck driver -- (this is 2 absolutely different things)- Billy said, some of you Christians out there are in the same boat-- if you aren't living the Christian life as hard as you can, you are not a Christian-- you are a retired Christian.
Boy that hurt me. I never did like a hypocrite or liar, and that is what I had been living as;

(Let me insert this background data)

I went to Sunday school or church as a youngster, before my military service, 6 or 8 times.
I finally realized that a man could get killed in the WW2 in the South Pacific so when I had the opportunity in 1942 I got baptized at Guadalcanal during the war.

During the war I learned and developed the practice of saying the Lords prayer at bed time, (self preservation I figured), and I continued it after the war, (if I was not too drunk.) I am quite certain it turned the tide several times.
I accepted the ten commandments as a good moral way of life and did manage to obey most of them most of the time. I detested a lie and a liar, and it was no problem to keep cheating and stealing at a bare minimum, I gave a good days work for my payday.
I did not believe in ery.
If some one had of visited me at 8:30 that evening I would have given them a tall cool Millers, now if they would have asked me, "Marvin, are you a Christian"? I would have said, "Yep".
"Marvin are you going to heaven when you die"? "Yep"

(4-12-98 insert. I find now that I had no idea what a Christian was)

Couple times on Easter and Christmas I went to a church

I had went through 6 years in the South Pacific during the war in this spiritual condition, and 12 years in Iran-Libya-Nigeria-South America in the oil fields, and a bunch of years in America in construction and oil fields.

At this statement of Grahams, "If you aren't living as a Christian as hard as you can, you are not a Christian, you are a retired Christian,
I sorta looked up at the ceiling (I was standing by the stove and sink in the kitchen) and I said,
"Lord, I guess I have had you in my head all these years, come on into my heart."

My right hand just poured that newly opened tall Millers down the sink drain, I looked at my hand and wondered what was this, my hand, pouring out my beer.

I have never wanted a beer or a drink since that second.

The booze I had left I gave away and I was making some good home brew.
It took about 2 years by myself of Bible study to find out what happened to me.

I did not go to any one and ask what had happened to me, as I knew at the age of 59 years 7 months that as yet I never had known a person that did not lie-would not lie and would only tell me what they wanted me to know, or just what they knew.

It all happened after I had asked the Lord to come on into my heart, so that is where I kept the search aimed.
At God through his Book.
I found
2CO 5:17
EPH 2:10. 4:22-23-24.
ISA 43:18
REV 21:4

I had my own business so I could call my own hours and schedule.
I enjoyed my studies, I had quit school in the ninth grade, but here I was enjoying reading a dictionary. So then I got the Greek Interlinear, then a Strongs Exhaustive Concordance, then a couple Bible Dictionaries, then a set of McClintock and Strong Biblical Cyclopedias, (12 volumes).

I spent the next 30 months finding out which Bible to study and studied considerable time, putting a bunch of lose ends together.

While reading a book by E.W. Kenyon, Jesus the Healer, That I paid $1.50 for in a used book store, I have here enclosed a copy of the last page, which I read first. I have highlighted the words that jumped off the page at me.

Now at that time I had started closing the shop from December to about May 15th of the next year, and going to Florida to study.
On Monday March 26-1984 at about 10 a.m. I sat at my dining room table,
(I had positioned the house so I could look at the sun as it came up)

I would be reading the Bible and this Kenyon book, drinking my coffee and smoking. I smoked about 1 1/2 to 2 packs day. No cough, no problems, and at 10 AM I had about 1/2 pack left, and I looked up and told God,
"I just may give these cigarettes to you today", and continued my routine.
At 3PM I was out of Camels so I crumpled the empty pack, I looked up at the heavens and said, "Lord, I am giving you these cigarettes, Thank you sir." ***see note at end.

It was 3 days before I even thought of a cigarette.

Only a couple times did the devil attempt to come into my space with a "What if---", but he never returned with the desire, and the use of the name of Jesus was all the weapon I needed to move him, I have learned to use the name Jesus regularly.

During the next 3-4 months I found out that God had not only taken my desire for cigarettes he had removed my ability to smell other smokers, and it remained that way until one day I turned the switch on in my head and I could smell other smokers.
After church one day Flory and I were standing in the after church line at a restaurant and Flory said to me, Boy this cigarette smoke is really heavy, I said, What smoke? She said don’t you smell this smoke, and I said no I do not smell anything, then I reached into my mind on the right center side of it and flipped a switch to the on position, man I could really smell the smoke, I said lets get out of here, on the walk back to the car I thought about what had happened in there.

I played with that switch a couple times, on off on, now it is on and I can not turn it off, I smell other smokers and it bothers me some terrible, extremely repulsive, I stay away from them.
The desire has never returned.
But I have learned, Do not mess with head switches.

I was right, Jesus is the healer. I had just proved it to me, that was what happened to me back in September 6 of 1981 at about 8:35. You can read it in;
2CO 5:17 Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new. ****see note at end.

EPH 2:10 For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them.

EPH 4:24 And that ye put on the new man, which after God is created in righteousness and true holiness.

The dictionary says: The union with Satan had been undone.
This new man is something that never existed before-bran new-after this new birth- a man is borne again-he is now spiritually alive.
And Jesus is now my intercessor, ROM 8:34, at the right hand of God.

HEB 7:25 Wherefore he is able also to save them to the uttermost that come unto God by him, seeing he ever liveth to make intercession for them.

1TI 2:5 For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus;

And to really start to get going after March of 1984, I continued to study heavy Saturday and Sunday in Michigan. Sunday I would listen to preachers. Some groups deny the deity of Jesus and the presence of the Holy Spirit. I would listen from 7 AM to 1 PM, then a couple hours in the evening. I would see a doctrine that I could not explain by the Bible, so I never joined any church group, but I did go to churches 10 AM Saturdays and Sundays, then as mentioned I would listen to preachers on TV.
The way some of those people would carry on.
I remember thinking that the only problem I used to have Sunday morning was should I fry my breakfast or drink it. And now, I have to decide to do it the way Jesus did it.
He just said, It is written, It is written, It is written; for me, if it is not written it does not count, no matter what some doctrine loaded group says, if it is written I better live by it.

MAT 4:4 But he answered and said, It is written, Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceeded out of the mouth of God.

Smith Wigglesworth put it like this, "He who has an experience is not at the mercy of him who merely has an argument".

About Dec. 27-1984, my wife Flory, who is a native of Costa Rica went home for a visit, I anticipated some solo study time by myself. I got it, about 2 1/2 months.
I had on hand several teaching tapes by Kenneth Copeland, like
Development of the whole man, spirit-soul-body.
Gods greatest blessing to man
Fasting and prayer
Paid in full
Prayer series
(Each one of those studies has several one hour tapes in it)

I had found out that
I am a spirit
I have a soul
I live in a body. 1TH 5:23.
and my spirit was starved. The 3 make me a human, my spirit was starved, so I planned on feeding it. I still do, my spirit, my soul, me will live forever and forever and forever, and ect.

I had accepted Jesus as my savior. I had accepted all that Jesus got for me at calvary, I found out that with plenty of 1JO 1:9s I will live forever with Jesus. When I accepted Jesus into my heart, I accepted
MAR 16:15 And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature.
16 He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned.
17 And these signs shall follow them that believe; In my name shall they cast out devils; they shall speak with new tongues;
18 They shall take up serpents; and if they drink any ly thing, it shall not hurt them; they shall lay hands on the sick, and they shall recover.

MAT 28:18 And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth.
19 Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:
20 Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world. Amen.

Knowing all this I planned on just some study. All I had to do was feed my bird dog 2 times a day and pet him. I listened to tapes and studied at least 20 hours a day, sometimes more. I played the tapes while I slept. My spirit, it never sleeps, so he just soaked in the information I put there for him.

Now I used a bunch of 4 letter words on my crew up north, even while working church boys, not harsh, just conversational, but I told one fellow,
"When you see me next summer, you won't hear any more of that kind of talk."
I was beginning to hear what I was saying, and I did not care for it.

Well about the middle of February, sometime in the AM, maybe 3 or 4 o'clock the tape stopped. I was sleeping on the couch, I jumped up, went over and turned the tape over, started it up. I bounced back to the couch, did a side flip to land on the couch on my back, I was feeling some good, doing this studying, but I raked the toes of my left foot under the coffee table and took some skin off one of them.
I lay there giving out with ouch, oww, oww, oww, ouch, when I thought pain is of the devil, this body belongs to the Lord, he bought it, I had given it to him. I had his representative living in it with me, so I ordered the pain out, it went.
I laid there and said, well, well, that's that, and the thought came to search inside for bad words. I looked inside my being, there wasn't any. I did not cover them up, I just did not use them, there wasn't any there. Now I did not know when during that 6 or 7 weeks they were removed, but as

COL 3:8 But now ye also put off all these; anger, wrath, malice, blasphemy, filthy communication out of your mouth.

What I have been saying is my Lord God Jehovah can get done anything he wants to get done.

1. The Lord came into my heart at my request. I could tell that I was different from that second.

2. Drink taken, no withdrawal. I can't even remember asking God to take drink from me. I like to think that the Holy Spirit figured that there wasn't room in this body for me, and his Spirit and beer, so he just poured it out.

3. Cigarettes, I gave them away, no after effects at all, just gone zap. I only smoked 47 years, but I never did quit, (I just don’t smoke anymore), I gave them away.
1PE 5:6 Humble yourselves therefore under the mighty hand of God, that he may exalt you in due time:
7 Casting all your care upon him; for he careth for you.

4. Bad language, gone just gone.

5. March 1985. 2 day fast, never no hunger, no pain, I took only water. When headache came, I ordered it to go, it went.

6. I do not have colds, headaches since September 1981. Now I know the meaning of
HEB 4:12 For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.
13 Neither is there any creature that is not manifest in his sight: but all things are and opened unto the eyes of him with whom we have to do.

Quite often I just stop what I am doing and just stand in awe, think in awe. I am in awe of the little bit that I am starting to understand of Gods soul game, the magnitude of the game. I am not about to try to grasp it all. Just the part that is my duty to do, as I said when I accepted Jesus into my heart. I accepted MAT 28:19, and when I realized that I knew that:

Page 1. Jesus spent 30 years getting ready

Page 2. 3 1/2 years of his life teaching me how to get my name in the book of life, then died for me as a guarantee.

Page 3. Spent 30 seconds telling me what he wanted me to do for him.

My mission is to Share the Word Sow the seed

You have a good 2CO 10:5 as you 2TI 2:15

Marvin

***If you are thinking there is something wrong with that statement you are correct, the package was empty, God don't want any cigarettes, God don't smoke, God did not receive any cigarettes, I did not give him any cigarettes, But God knew what I really meant even if I did not know how to say it.

****By my receiving the Lord into my heart, my spirit moved over into the same area that God is in, 1JO 1:5-7. I am in the light, I am alive. The using of 1JO 1:9s is keeping my heart clean so it can receive the divine influence and reflect that divine light out to others that I come into contact with, praise God, by his grace I am in his grace.

4-12-1998
Interesting this automatic reflect action of looking toward the heavens, I sure wasn't taught it. In 1986 I was attending a store front church group, still looking up while praying with my eyes open, the preacher made the remark from the pulpit that he never had seen any one pray with their eyes open, I heard him. I had not been aware that my eyes were open. Up to that time I never saw any earthly thing while praying with my eyes open, since then I see all the rivets, beams, cross members, air-conditioning ducts, etc. Now I am forced to picture the words and actions of my prayer subject to concentrate on.

I realize now that I knew nothing in 1981 of what a Christian is, nothing, nothing at all.
I know now that I asked and gave permission for God to DEU 10:16 and 30:6 my heart. And I thank you Lord, I thank you for hearing me and giving me release, thank you, thank you.

In 1987 I acquired a Sat Dish which gave me access to umpteen educational informational discussions on the scriptures, of which I study at least 28 each week. I VCR and tape deck favorites and Sat. in my work shop I play them back as I just listen and meditate the talks.
Watching and following the unfolding of prophecy are my main programs of which there are 4 different good productions.
I spend most of my time getting behind and below the top layer of the writings and talking and finding out, exposing to myself the correlation between different main line presentations by meditating and listening as I write.

I have been evangelized, now I need to be taught, so I can bring myself to a point of maturity that is qualified to share the Word and sow the seed to others that need to have reasons to believe explained to them, being ever mindful that the sower sows, another waters, and it is God that gives the increase. 1CO 3:6,7.
Trinity Broadcast Network has all those characteristics, 24 hours a day.

Where I had been spending 6 months full time Bible study in Florida, I felt the need to devote my full time to studying the Word, so I retired in 88 to study the Bible full time.
I have a TV station that has full gospel programming at night I use it.
I have programmed my PC so certain keys will bring up special verses, like 1JO 5:11,12 to close out with and to think on as I go to bed
1JO 5:11 And this is the record, that God hath given to us eternal life, and this life is in his Son.
12 He that hath the Son hath life; and he that hath not the Son of God hath not life.

Good night. Have good thoughts, remember 2CO 10:5
Marvin

This is not just a story about a guy that has been around its about what the power of the Holy Spirit can/will do when permitted to.
The next page is the last page of the book, Jesus the healer that I told you about.

The words I have highlighted (underlined) are the words that just jumped off the page and hit me in the eyes and mind as I read them,
I then paid the $1.50 they were asking for the used book.
Just think of how much money I have saved since March 26-1984 on cigarettes.

Following is that last page.

CONCLUSION
You have read the book.
It will do you no good unless you have made up your mind that you are going to act upon the Scriptures quoted.
The promises that cover your case are of no value
until you act upon them.
Believing is acting on the Word.
Faith is the result of action.
But there can be no healing, no deliverance,
no victory until you act on the Word.
You may get others to act for you. They will give you temporary relief. What you need is to learn to act for yourself.

It would pay you to send for the first lesson of our correspondence course on "A Study of the Bible in the light of our Redemption in Christ" and begin to know the Word.

Several people have requested that we include in this book testimonies of the miraculous healings we have seen in our ministry, but we do not consider this wise.

Our purpose in printing this book was that people might see their deliverance in Christ from oppression and sickness, That they might see their complete redemption already purchased for them.
We feel that if they were to read of the physical manifestations in others' lives, they would unconsciously look to the other person's healing and not see their own deliverance already accomplished.

For this reason we are leaving this message in the book to be just a statement from the Word of God on our rights and privileges in Christ.

We want you to look to the Word for your healing. E.W. Kenyon.
Page 104

Reply # 200 - ReplyTo ID: 4091

Posted By: MarvinBiffer -
Date: 3/29/2004 11:37:16 AM

Comments:

I just noticed that the underlining did not carry over so I will write the words that jumped out at me:
You have read the book
It will do you no good
until you act upon them
beliving is acting
no healing no victory until you act on the word
Marvin

Reply # 201 - ReplyTo ID: 4092

Date: 3/29/2004 3:35:30 PM

Comments:

The defeated christian is the carnal christian. seeking to drink from wells that never satisfy for very long. Not much different than the addicted christian, smoking being a well without water, or better living water, drinking polluted water so the whole body becomes polluted.

Mt 6:23 But if thine eye be evil, thy whole body shall be full of darkness. If therefore the light that is in thee be darkness, how great is that darkness!
Lu 11:34 The light of the body is the eye: therefore when thine eye is single, thy whole body also is full of light; but when thine eye is evil, thy body also is full of darkness.
1Th 5:5 Ye are all the children of light, and the children of the day: we are not of the night, nor of darkness.
1Pe 2:9 But ye are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that ye should shew forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvellous light:

Our secret sins keep us defeated and keeps us from fellowship, what we hide must be exposed and dealt with.

2Co 3:18 But we all, with open face beholding as in a glass the glory of the Lord, are changed into the same image from glory to glory, even as by the Spirit of the Lord.

The defeated christian hides for the same reason that Adam and Eve hid from the Lord even though He sees all the secret things other people are kept from knowing about, the defeated christian lives a lie. enough of Jesus to be miserable in the world and too much of the world to be happy in Jesus.

Reply # 202 - ReplyTo ID: 4093

Posted By: Patti -
Date: 3/29/2004 4:22:12 PM

Comments:

Marvin,
Had to let you know that I really enjoyed reading your testimony. I love reading what Jesus does in other peoples lives. Its truly the most wonderful of miracles.

Reply # 203 - ReplyTo ID: 4251

Posted By: BillKelley -
Date: 8/5/2004 10:41:39 AM

Comments:

As for one who didn't go get a cup of coffee, I would say you hit the nail square on the head. As the song says, "Pick myself up, dust myself off, and start all over again."

Thank you Jack

Reply # 204 - ReplyTo ID: 4581

Posted By: Christine -
Date: 1/11/2005 8:48:22 AM
21 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 17 PrayingPraying

Comments:

Great article. Why can't we love our brothers and sister and accept them as they are. For all have sinned. What freedom when we don't have to hide it and be ashamed. It sure defeats the enemies purpose.

Reply # 205 - ReplyTo ID: 4582

Posted By: PjSorensen -
Date: 1/12/2005 3:54:36 AM
23 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 12 PrayingPraying

Comments:

I am a Messianic minister of the gospel and that is the best I have ever heard it put Mr. Kinsella.
Barucha shalom!

Reply # 206 - ReplyTo ID: 4583

Posted By: BarryHornby1 -
Date: 1/12/2005 7:49:50 AM

Comments:

Wow-I'm impressed with this article. It needed to be said. Although I don't smoke, drink, etc, I often wondered why they became unforgivable sins from the pulpit.

Reply # 207 - ReplyTo ID: 4584

Posted By: Tony T. -
Date: 1/12/2005 2:21:11 PM

Comments:

Thank you so much for that...Again I needed reassurance to feel that I am Saved, and loved by God.

Reply # 208 - ReplyTo ID: 5156

Posted By: TomandCindyB -
Date: 9/14/2005 4:28:14 AM

Comments:

Yup, this one hits very very close to home. Printing this one to remember. All be it, I try to be perfect, fail every time. I don't want to be defeated, but my heart does hurt so much. Thank you Jack. God bless you.

Reply # 209 - ReplyTo ID: 5157

Posted By: CathyS -
Date: 9/16/2005 3:42:44 PM
12 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 16 PrayingPraying

Comments:

I was just this morning having to fight off the guilt of my besetting sin. I love the Lord. I needed this so much. I try and try and try and beg and beg and beg to have it removed but I keep failing. I want to be all the Lord wants me to be but I fail with this one sin. Glory to God that no matter he loves me.

Reply # 210 - ReplyTo ID: 5158

Date: 9/17/2005 12:39:57 PM

Comments:

Heb 12:1 Wherefore seeing we also are compassed about with so great a cloud of witnesses, let us lay aside every weight, and the sin (habitual) which doth so easily beset us, and let us run with patience the race that is set before us,

What took me so many years to come to realize is that we can not change ourself, that is what God wants us to learn, we are no match for our own rotten flesh that satan owns, try to overcome by the power of our own will and we will always fail, we pray hard but do not yield like a child who must depend on the care of the parent because they can not care for themselves, the point where prevailing began was at that same point as Jacob who had to be taken all the way down and out on his feet where all he had was Jesus and a plea for help, no more fight left in him but still hung on to the only hope he had, that is when he was told that he prevailed as a prince when he won by losing, Ge 32:28 And he said, Thy name shall be called no more Jacob, but Israel: for as a prince hast thou power with God and with men, and hast prevailed. it was in his brokeness and helplessness where he was lifted up, where the weakest becomes the strongest because we got out of the way, seeing what God already knows and wants us to see that He does it all, everything is a process and not a project, just staying side by side and see how we are carried from that place of defeat to standing on that Rock that nothing can prevail against, that is what we got going for us.

Reply # 211 - ReplyTo ID: 5159

Posted By: eric -
Date: 9/17/2005 6:57:01 PM

Comments:

Beautiful reply Lou. I read Jack's letter the other day, having missed it before, and I'm still being fed by it.

Grace, there's nothing so simple and yet so elusive. Just lay down at His feet and say I'm not able, but You are.

20 years ago I was contemplating suicide, had run out of every crutch. I was an atheist and very proud of it. But inside I was reaching the darkest depths a human can encounter. And there was no human that beckoned to me, none at all, I had destroyed all relationships. It was here that God beckoned...come on, how about this Way?

Come home...come home...
Ye who are weary come home...

And I will dwell in the house of the Lord forever.

Thank God. Thank Jesus. Amen

Reply # 212 - ReplyTo ID: 5160

Posted By: DianneMcginness75 -
Date: 9/18/2005 10:57:33 AM
18 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 12 PrayingPraying

Comments:

I want to thank you from the bottom of my heart for giving me a new prespective on my christian walk. Even though I know I am saved it is still good to have it confirmed. thanks again D>M>

Reply # 213 - ReplyTo ID: 5161

Posted By: MarkPhillips -
Date: 9/21/2005 12:50:42 PM

Comments:

Jack, that's pretty good wise counsel.
I am so thankful the power of Christ rests
on all who accept his finished work on the
cross, His free gift of Salvation. We must
TRUST only in Him and His Word for TRUTH
that truly does set us FREE.

Reply # 214 - ReplyTo ID: 5356

Posted By: JamesCheers -
Date: 3/14/2006 2:29:10 PM
15 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 22 PrayingPraying

Comments:

Wow... truly the message I needed....I'm sure it was by divine direction that I came to this "sight". (was going to correct the spelling to "site", but thought the mispell had significant meaning as well..once again..."WOW"

Reply # 215 - ReplyTo ID: 5357

Posted By: GregoryHeins -
Date: 3/14/2006 7:02:08 PM

Comments:

I read about 30 of the comments (before my eyes gave out, even though I use a program that "reads to you". After a brain hemorrhage I can't follow very well, so I'll just make a comment on what I've found. You talked about "weakenss" and I think this is key. (Paul said, He chose the weak.)
I often times, find "I just am too weak and can't do it". It's then, I go to Him that can (and did) and tell Him, I just can't do it. Will you do it for me? Please?
You're pretty brave writing this! No doubt, you'll get a lot of "flac" from established Christianity.
Greg

Reply # 216 - ReplyTo ID: 5359

Posted By: joebubbit -
Date: 3/16/2006 1:25:58 AM

Comments:

PLEASE READ "THE WAY OF THE MASTER" BY RAY COMFORT AND KIRK CAMERON. I BELIEVE THIS BOOK DEALS WITH THIS SUBJECT VERY WELL. GOD BLESS ALL WHO STRUGGLE DAILY!! THAT IS, ALL OF US!!!!!

Reply # 217 - ReplyTo ID: 5395

Posted By: BethJohnson -
Date: 4/25/2006 4:46:34 PM

Comments:

Thankyou Jack

Reply # 218 - ReplyTo ID: 5396

Posted By: CindyJ -
Date: 4/27/2006 5:06:04 PM
14 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 14 PrayingPraying

Comments:

Thank you Jack. It's time for me to stop being a Christian only at home. I need to take it to work also. Oh Boy! Will they be surprised!

Reply # 219 - ReplyTo ID: 5397

Posted By: CindyJ -
Date: 4/27/2006 5:16:44 PM

Comments:

decafe... I think...

Reply # 220 - ReplyTo ID: 5764

Posted By: KevinJackson -
Date: 6/24/2007 11:43:48 PM
16 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 19 PrayingPraying

Comments:

While I agree with about 95% of what Jack writes, this one I don't. Jesus said: "Be perfect even as your Heavenly Father is perfect." Either Jesus meant it and there is a way to do it or He gave us a task that He knew we couldn't do. That somehow strikes me as unjust.
My friend Winkie Pratney says there is no such thing as analog obedience. And the simple fact is God doesn't save anything He can't command. That is the definition of Lordship.

In electronics there are 2 types of circuitry, analog and digital. Analog is like a dimmer switch or a volume control. The change is a little at a time. Digital is like a light switch, either on or off. Knowledge is analog but obedience is digital. God teaches us line on line, precept on precept and He holds us accountable for the light that we have. Obeying the light that God gives us allows us to be perfect or "right in His eyes". The brand new christian that is doing what God has told him to do is just as "perfect" as the 80 year old saint that is at that time doing what God told him to do. There is partial (analog) knowledge but obedience is digital. The "defeated" christian is living in open disobedience. Its relatively simple to stop smoking... don't put the cigarette in your mouth! That is simple obedience. "Let those who steal, steal no more." These are commandments not suggestions.
All of us are hard-headed. We disobey when we should not. Satan was defeated at the cross, sin was defeated at the cross, our sin nature was defeated at the cross. We are new creatures. We just have to live in obedience through grace and in the power of His resurrection. We have no business being defeated. Simple, persistant, radical obedience to the daily light He gives will take care of any christian being "defeated". Analog obedience does not exist. You either are doing what God has told you to do or you are not. (Or you are not listening.)

Reply # 221 - ReplyTo ID: 5765

Posted By: Carolee -
Date: 6/25/2007 7:25:57 AM
18 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 19 PrayingPraying

Comments:

Revelation 5:1-5

1 And I saw in the right hand of him that sat on the throne a book written within and on the backside, sealed with seven seals.

2 And I saw a strong angel proclaiming with a loud voice, Who is worthy to open the book, and to loose the seals thereof?

3 And no man in heaven, nor in earth, neither under the earth, was able to open the book, neither to look thereon.

4 And I wept much, because no man was found worthy to open and to read the book, neither to look thereon.

5 And one of the elders saith unto me, Weep not: behold, the Lion of the tribe of Juda, the Root of David, hath prevailed to open the book, and to loose the seven seals thereof.

Reply # 222 - ReplyTo ID: 5767

Posted By: Joel R. -
Date: 6/27/2007 12:47:36 AM

Comments:

Kevin,

You are wrong. The alcoholic who simply can not put down the bottle can't do it without the help of God. There's also part of him that is afraid to put it down because he doesn't know what will come. What do you do instead of drinking when that is all you have ever done from sunup to sundown?

Are you saying that if the alcoholic gets saved he is able to put down the bottle simply because you think he should? Rather, the drunk becomes saved but he must not really be saved because he can't NOT drink? (Don't judge the double negative)

Is drunkeness a disease? Is addiction to anything a disease? Porn, Meth? Alcohol? Tobacco? If it's so simple to stop putting the cigarette in their mouths...why don't they do it? They weren't saved to begin with? Lemme know... I still sin. Am i saved?

Reply # 223 - ReplyTo ID: 5768

Posted By: KevinJackson -
Date: 6/29/2007 2:26:32 AM

Comments:

Hi Joel, the answer to your question is very simple. When the angel announced the birth of Jesus the proclamation was that He would save the world from its sin. Not hell, not the devil, not bad habits, not addictions; we are saved from sin. We are also saved to God. He empowers us to live the way He wants us to live. We need to appropriate to power the Holy Spirit gives us to live in Him. Bad habits, addictions, fear of man, etc are all dealt with in the statement "It is finished!!!" We just need to walk it out in obedience to Him with the knowledge that "...neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come, nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord." Romans 8:38-39

Reply # 224 - ReplyTo ID: 5769

Posted By: Alf -
Date: 7/1/2007 2:07:11 AM
16 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 14 PrayingPraying

Comments:

This particular OL letter should appear permanently somewhere on the front page and available for all to see.

Reply # 225 - ReplyTo ID: 5773

Posted By: BlickhanHerbert -
Date: 7/19/2007 10:47:07 PM
12 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 15 PrayingPraying

Comments:

Thanks, I needed this reminder; I'll need it again tomorrow and probably the day after...

Reply # 226 - ReplyTo ID: 5775

Posted By: DavidMooney -
Date: 7/25/2007 5:33:05 PM
17 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 22 PrayingPraying

Comments:

I have printed this article and put it into a three-pronged portfolio with many of Jack's other articles that I have printed. I knew this was an important article so it appears first in the portfolio. I intend to read it again.

It is actually nice to print it out if you have a printer. That way you can put it into a folder and read it the old fashioned way. I like reading something I can hold in my hands. It feels better for some reason.

Reply # 227 - ReplyTo ID: 5811

Posted By: rmmrmn -
Date: 12/7/2007 11:05:35 PM

Comments:

Dear Mr. Kinsella,
I found, or was led to, The Omega Letter about a year ago. I look forward everyday to your insight especially on current events and Bible prophecy.
I opened up todays Daily Intelligence Briefing, read it, then went to the website as I normally do to look at the other articles. I saw The "Defeated" Christian, read the first few lines and thought I'd move on to the next article. Somehow I knew I needed to read it. Reluctanly I opened it up and started reading. Ididn't go for coffee, how could I, you were talking about me.
About halfway through I started tearing up, I'm not a guy who shows alot of emotion, had to stop several times to clear my eyes but got through it.
I wanted to reply but thought I would clear my head and come back to it later. Well, it's later, read through it again and am still teary eyed as I write this.
For those that would say that your message is a license to sin, I can only speak for myself, but I never have and don't now believe I have a license to sin. I do feel the guilt but also the thankfulnes for a God and Savior who would make a way for someone like me. I have never quit the fight, took way to many time-outs I'm sure, but this article, sermon to me, has got me back in the game. From the bottom of my heart, thank you, and I'm so thankful to have a Shepard that watches over his flock.
I sent this article to a friend and co-worker without any message from me. A man I look up as the Christian I would like to be. He wrote back "Very good words. Between this and a Bible study I'm going to, I might start feeling like I've got a chance."
I might stumble, fall and even slide back from time to time, but I've never been much of a quitter, so I'll keep plugging along and do my best to help some others who might have stumbled along the way.

Thank You,

Rick

Reply # 228 - ReplyTo ID: 5812

Posted By: Vic -
Date: 12/8/2007 8:20:31 PM

Comments:

The Bema Seat

God's Blessings

What exactly will be "judged" at the Bema seat for Christians?
Dr. H.L. Wilmington has done a good job of gleaning the truth about the things upon which Christians will be examined at the Judgment Seat of Christ. They are as follows:

1. How we treat other believers (Heb. 6:10, Matt. 10:41-42).
2. How we exercise our authority over others (Heb. 13:17, Jas. 3:1).
3. How we employ our God-given abilities (1 Cor. 12: 4, 12, 2 Tim. 1:6, 1 Pet. 4:10). Add to these Scriptures Jesus' teaching of the parables of the ten pounds (Lk. 19: 11-26) and the talents (Matt. 25:14-29). Each believer has at least one talent (1 Cor. 7:12, Eph. 4:7, 1 Pet. 4:10). There are 18 of these gifts (Rom. 12, 1 Cor. 12, Eph. 4). It's up to each believer to find/discern his or her gifts.
4. How we use our money (1 Cor. 60:2, 2 Cor. 9:6-7, 1 Tim. 6:17-19).
5. How we spend our time (Psa. 90:12, Eph. 5:16, Col. 4:5, 1 Pet. 1:17).
6. How much we suffer for Jesus (Matt. 5:11-12, Mk. 10:29-30, Rom. 8:18, 2 Cor. 4:17, 1 Pet. 4:12-13).
7. How we run that particular race God has chosen for us (1 Cor. 9:24, Phil. 2:16, 3:13-14, Heb. 12:1).
8. How effectively we control the old nature (1 Cor. 9:25-27, 2 Tim. 2:15, 1 Cor. 16:3, Phil. 1:10, 1 Thess. 2:4).
9. How many souls we witness to and win to Christ (Prov. 11:30, Dan. 12:3, 1 Thess. 2:19-20).
10. How we react to temptation (Jas. 1:2-3, Rev. 3:10).
11. How much the doctrine of the rapture means to us (2 Tim. 4:88).
12. How faithful we are to the Word of God and the flock of God (Acts 20:26-28, 2 Tim. 4:1-2, 1 Peter 5:2-4).

From a Post at RaptureAlert's Blog, I have this post at my site too.

Vic - www.endoftheworld.net

Here's a really cool link for a Cool Tract!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hand these out to EVERYBODY AND ANYBODY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://jameswknox.hostcentric.com/store/buyother.html

--------------------------------------

From another post that was at RapturAlert's blog, that is at my site too {I got the go ahead to copy both posts to my site from Mike at RaptureAlert}

Some of the things we will likely be judged on are:

Whether we fulfilled our role in the Great Commission. Matthew 28:18-20 says, "Then Jesus came to them and said, 'All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age.'"

How victorious we were over sin. Romans 6:1-4 reminds us, "What shall we say, then? Shall we go on sinning so that grace may increase? By no means! We died to sin; how can we live in it any longer? Or don't you know that all of us who were baptized into Christ Jesus were baptized into his death? We were therefore buried with him through baptism into death in order that, just as Christ was raised from the dead through the glory of the Father, we too may live a new life."

Whether we were successful in controlling our tongue. James 3:1-9 says, "All kinds of animals, birds, reptiles and creatures of the sea are being tamed and have been tamed by man, but no man can tame the tongue. It is a restless evil, full of deadly poison. With the tongue we praise our Lord and Father, and with it we curse men, who have been made in God's likeness. Out of the same mouth come praise and cursing. My brothers, this should not be. Can both fresh water and salt water flow from the same spring?

Whether the fruit of the Spirit was manifest in our lives. Galatians 5:22-23 says, "But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law."

Reply # 229 - ReplyTo ID: 5898

Posted By: Vic -
Date: 4/14/2009 4:31:01 PM

Comments:

That's a Good post Jack

My post above from a year ago, doesn't make much sense, when you were kind of writing from Your heart in reaching out to people -- I think I'm going to post this in the blog at the site above.

You've got to many writings Jack, to let just be filed away, instead of being used for the Glory of God.

Vic

><>

Reply # 230 - ReplyTo ID: 5899

Posted By: Dave -
Date: 4/17/2009 12:53:03 AM
18 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 20 PrayingPraying

Comments:

Thank you Jack. I needed that.

Dave

Reply # 231 - ReplyTo ID: 7901

Posted By: sunaurora -
Date: 4/2/2012 6:38:47 PM

Comments: This was one of the most comforting articles I have read about our faith. I know when I meet an eternal sibling that our lives are tied together for eternity, not just on sunday, but forever. I am a sinner, I have a heart full of mercy because I KNOW how great Gods mercy is. People refer to me as religious but it is not religion, it is a relationship to Christ. I smoke a pack a day, that means every hour that I am awake, I have a cigarette. It is on my clothes and the only ones it keeps away are the holier than thou crowd who sit with their judgmental eyes upon me. But I embrace them too, they have the same foundation as me John 3:16 and if because I smoke (one reference to my habitual sins) they don't want to be near me but I know that I will be white as snow before the judgment seat. Because of this, I go out into the world of the lost and cheer them on, encourage them even if they are high or drunk or discouraged or just down on their luck. It is grace and mercy that I was shown. I am confident in my salvation and they can be too, even when we mess up God loves us. Wow, now I gotta make another video on this to share this message. Too many think that they are too dirty to come to Christ. Come as you are and let the most high clean you up in HIS timing... can I get an amen... AMEN