The Presidentís Extremist Summit
Terror - Islam
Thursday, February 19, 2015
The White House Summit on Countering Violent Extremism is meeting today to complete the President’s summit to find ways to deal with current terrorism. As I learned last week about my high horse- I ride the big high horse when making an unworthy judgment that beheadings and burning people alive is probably not something the Almighty would want- religious extremism is rampant in the world.
The White House has been instructed apparently to exclude Islamic from any suggestion that Islam might be the culprit behind the terrorism of the world, but we need to be fair.
This week we learned from State Department spokesman Marie Harf that:
“We cannot kill every terrorist around the world, nor should we try,” she said. “How do you get at the root causes of this?”
Marie, you get at the root causes by killing the cancer. Sorry you are having trouble figuring out what the cancer is or has become.
Marie goes on to explain that the root causes of extremist terrorism from religious zealots (all religions, not just Islam) are poverty and jobs, or lack thereof. Anyone want to hire an ISIS member to cut your grass? That may not have been the best choice of words, so how about burning trash. Uhhh; no.
The past week ISIS beheaded 21 Coptic Christians and burned 45 Kurds to death. Kurds have had a tough history between Turkey’s hatred of them and Saddam Hussein’s gas attacks that killed thousands before we (the U.S.) had the courage to finally take a stand against the Butcher of Baghdad, who I guess was Presbyterian.
I got a peek at a possible itinerary for the Summit and thought I would share.
We have set aside time for each religion to explain the killings that their overzealous followers have perpetrated on the world lately, and following is a partial list of terrorist attacks by major religion, and some sessions may be longer than others:
SESSION 1 (Jan1- Feb 14, 2015)
- Presbyterian 0
- Quaker 0
- Baptist 0
- Lutheran 0
- Roman Catholic 0
- Episcopalian 0
- Non-Denominational Christian 0
- Rastafarian 0
- Jehovah’s Witness 0
SESSION 2 (2015-so far)
- Jan 1 - Boko Haram: Suicide bomber, Gombe, Nigeria rides up on motor cycle and blows up church, 1 dead.
- Jan 2 - Boko Haram militants attack bus in Cameroon and kill 15.
- Jan 2 - Boko Haram sets up fake prayer meeting in Nigeria and kidnaps 40.
- Jan 3 - Bangsamoro Islamic Freedom Fighters (BIFF) in Philippines attack military convoy, number of dead unknown.
- Jan 3 - Tunisia, group of militants kidnap policeman, cut his throat and stab him in heart.
- Jan 3 - Boko Haram kills an estimated 2,000 during the Baga Massacre in Nigeria.
- Jan 4 - In Mali, a roadside bomb blows up U.N. convoy. Unknown dead.
- Jan 4 - Pakistan, Taliban terrorists blow up soccer players, at least 4 dead.
- Jan 4 - Yemen, bombing, al Qaeda, 6 dead.
- Jan 4 - Somalia, bombing, al-Shabaab, 4 dead.
- Jan 5 - Saudi Arabia, bombing, ISIS, 5 dead.
- Jan 5 - Afghanistan, bombing, Taliban, 2 dead.
- Jan 6 - Iraq, bombings, ISIS, 25 dead.
- Jan 7 - Yemen, bombing, 38 dead.
- Jan 8 - France, al Qaeda attack in Paris, 12 dead.
- Jan 9 - France, ISIS, 5 dead.
- Jan 10 - Lebanon, bombing, al-Nusra, 9 dead.
- Jan 11 - Nigeria, Boko Haram, 5 dead.
- Jan 12 - China, Axe attack, Uyghur separatists, 6 dead.
- Jan 23 - Nigeria, Boko Haram, 15 dead.
- Jan 23 - Philippines, bombing, Abu Sayef, 1 dead.
- Jan 25 - Maguindanao, attack, Moro Islamic Front, 50 dead.
- Jan 28 - Libya, bombing, ISIS, 13 dead.
- Feb 4 - Cameroon, Boko Haram attack, 91+ burned to death.
- Feb 6 - Niger, Boko Haram attack, 114 dead.
- Feb 13 - Pakistan, Taliban, 22 dead.
- Feb 14 - Denmark, lonewolf attack, 3 dead.
Of course the list goes on and on within the world of Islamic terrorism, that is what it is. This past week we can add the 21 Coptic Christians and the 45 Kurdish soldiers.
I am not sure how many jobs or monetary handouts we would need to give the Islamists in order to keep them from wanting to kill us and everyone else, including other Muslims; but it would probably break the international bank.
A news alert for the U.S. State Department: The “root cause” is not poverty, it is Islam. And besides, ISIS doesn’t need the money.
The net worth of ISIS (Islamic State) is estimated at $2,000,000,000.00 (cash), most of which came at the cost of thousands of Christian lives in the city of Mosul, Iraq. Plus, they have all the military equipment we sent to Iraq and then abandoned. The U.S. does a lot of abandoning, but that’s a different story for another time.
Mosul in Northern Iraq, just across the river from another ancient city, Nineveh once had a large Christian population. The estimated number of practicing Christians remaining: Zero.
Once ISIS (ISLAMIC State, Mr. President) made the practice of Christianity punishable by death, the Christians scattered for their lives. ISIS chased them down though, burning, beheading and burying alive all they could find and continue to do so as I type.
Marie Harf, spokesman for the State Department went on to say:
“If we looked around the world and say long-term we cannot kill every terrorist around the world nor should we try, how do you get at the root causes of this?” she asked. (Italics added)
She also stated that you cannot “kill” your way out of war. That’s news to me. It wouldn’t be a war if there was no killing.
And the world cries in fear of the declared Islamic war against the West, East, North and South and other directions; and the U.S. Administration has meetings, once again. Two years ago the administration was having meetings about Syria. There had been 5,000 deaths in Syria at that time. The death toll today, while we are still having meetings: 220,000 dead.
I am not sure how we win a war against our enemy if we can’t even figure out who the enemy might be.
With that said, maybe we should have offered Hitler a job.
“The president is ignoring the fact that these are Islamic extremists, these are terrorists, and ISIS is a terrorist organization and they are bent on destroying the West. They’ve already said they want the flag of Islam to fly over the White House.” ~ Rev. Franklin Graham
Mr. Obama described the call to (Muslim) prayer as “one of the prettiest sounds on Earth at sunset.”
Therein lies the problem.
About J.L. Robb
Last week: High Horses and Low Blows
|Current Article Ranking:
|Rank This Article: ||
It's an article.|
I liked it.
It's a home run!
If you have already Registered, then
Login and start a discussion.