The Lynching of George Zimmerman
Perspective on the News
Thursday, July 25, 2013
Exodus 20:16 says, ''Thou shalt not bear false witness against thy neighbor''.
According to Deuteronomy:
"One witness is not enough to convict anyone accused of any crime or offense they may have committed. A matter must be established by the testimony of two or three witnesses." (Deuteronomy 19:15) NIV
That’s the way judgment and discipline was carried out in the Hebrew society 3,500 years ago. If it was determined that a witness lied in a capital case, the penalty was harsh: death.
There was a lot of “bearing false witness” going on in the Trayvon Martin-George Zimmerman case recently in Florida, a terrible tragedy that might have been avoided had the gated community not had so many previous burglaries and decided to start a Neighborhood Watch Group after one such burglary in August 2011.
“We had eight burglaries in our neighborhood all perpetrated by young black males in the 15 months prior to Trayvon being shot. It would have been nine - there would have been nine, but George Zimmerman through his efforts of being a neighborhood watch captain helped stop one in progress, documented in the 911 calls February 2. My house was being robbed, and George on his nightly rounds watched this burglary in progress, called Sanford P.D., waited for them, and helped ensure that nothing bad happened to my house. And it's documented the 911 call for February 2. That was my residence that George Zimmerman helped stop.” - Frank Taffe
Frank Taffee was the former Neighborhood Watch captain in Zimmerman’s neighborhood.
The case did not result in an arrest originally because the police investigators determined there was no crime involved. The shooting was self-defense. By the time Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton got involved however, it was all about race; Zimmerman was no longer Hispanic but a 'white' Hispanic instead, thanks to the media gurus who know what’s best for all the rest of us.
I recorded and watched the entire trial, and anyone who did knew it wasn’t about race but about a neighborhood watchman, doing what neighborhood watchmen do, being stopped by a 17 year old who decided to teach the “creepy-assed cracker” a lesson; and he did. Unfortunately for the young teenager, school fights and fights with strangers in the dark of night were not the same.
There is a lot of information about Mr. Martin that the judge in this case refused to allow. There is a lot of information the general public never heard about because of this judge, though it was certainly relevant. Here are a few examples from a fact checking article:
- Were you aware of the fact that Zimmerman never mentioned Martin's race until he was asked about it by the dispatcher?
- Did you ever see or hear anything about NBC editing the audio of George Zimmerman's call the police in order to make him sound racist?
- Were you aware of the fact that the widely-seen photo of Trayvon Martin looking like a child, was not what Trayvon looked like at the time of the incident? Zimmerman’s photo was also several years old.
- Were you aware of the fact that, at the time of the incident, Trayvon was serving a ten day suspension from school -- his 3rd suspension in the last few months? (This most recent suspension was for getting caught with a marijuana pipe and an empty bag containing marijuana residue.)
In October, 2011, 4 months before he was killed, Trayvon was caught on a security camera writing graffiti on a school door. When his backpack was searched by a police officer looking for the graffiti marker, the officer found 12 pieces of women's jewelry (silver wedding bands and
- diamond earrings), a man's watch and a flathead screwdriver the officer described as a “burglary tool”. The jewelry and watch matched a description of items stolen during a recent burglary of a house about a half-mile from the school.
- Were you aware of the fact that text messages retrieved from Trayvon's cellphone show him talking to someone about selling a firearm?
- Were you aware of the fact that Trayvon's older brother Stephen send him a text message 5 days before he was killed saying "yu ain't tell me yu swung on a bus driver", suggesting Trayvon had tried to assault a bus driver?
- Were you aware of the fact that 2 police investigators testified that Trayvon Martin's father initially told them that the man's voice calling for help on the 911 recording was not the voice of his son? (He later said it was his son's voice in his testimony at trial.) A little 9th Commandment going on.
- Were you aware of the fact that Rachel Jeantel, the prosecution's witness who was on the phone with Martin just before he was shot, testified that she wasn't sure who's voice it was calling for help on the 911 recording?
- Jeantel's testimony: "It could be. Like I said, I don't know but it could be. The dude sound kind of like Trayvon. Trayvon do got that soft voice and that baby voice sometimes, so it could be, I don't know."
- Were you aware of the fact that an eye witness said he saw Martin on top of Zimmerman punching him "MMA style" during the struggle before the shots were fired?
- Did you ever hear about or see this interview with Rachel Jeantel in which she says she believes it was Trayvon who hit first (although she believes it was justified)?
- Were you aware of the fact that Zimmerman's medical records from the day after the incident confirmed he had a broken (fractured) nose, two black eyes and lacerations on the back of his head?
- Were you aware of the fact that Zimmerman took a black girl to his high-school prom?
Bearing false witness.
Most of us did not know all these details, and there are many more in the article if you have time to read. However, the judge and the prosecuting team all knew. They knew about suspensions for fighting and vandalizing, they knew about drug use, they knew that Trayvon entered race in the picture with his “creepy-assed cracker” quote, though his friend Jeantel says that referring to a white person as a “cracker” is not racist. Say what?
Finally, Trayvon had gone to the convenience store to purchase Skittles (there was a lot about Skittles in the media but not this) and Arizona Watermelon Fruit Cocktail to drink. It turns out that these are two of the three ingredients of a popular “cocktail” called Purple Drank.
I have been blessed in my life by all the black folk I have known and loved. Some of us have discussed this case, and it’s not an easy thing to do. Most however have the same views as Bill Cosby, Herman Cain and Charles Barkley.
The prosecutors and the judge in this case knew the truth but tried to hide it. The above facts were not considered relevant. They were willing to break the 9th Commandment and send an innocent man to prison, just to make a point. What point would that be?
This case was not about race. This case should have never been a case at all.
Had President Obama not entered the fray, as he has done before, there would not have been a fear of riots. All the president’s sympathy went to the brave Martin family with no mention of the brave Zimmerman family. George Zimmerman helped rescue a family of 4 in an auto accident this week.
About J.L. Robb
Last week: June 2013: What's Up with the Weather
|Current Article Ranking:
|Rank This Article: ||
It's an article.|
I liked it.
It's a home run!
If you have already Registered, then
Login and start a discussion.